5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, made my workouts more bearable.
I got these mats on Saturday and put them to good use the same day. For the price they are a real bargain. Good amount of padding and it forms back again after you step off of it in a decent amout of time. They smelled like rubber for a bit but it went away rather quickly.
Published on December 13, 2010 by M. Aquino

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
These mats are very easy to set up. However, they leave a slippery powdery residue on my floors. I was expecting them to be a little more durable than they are. They might be better used for a kids' play area vs. workout mats.
Published 16 months ago by Patrick LeFevre

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, made my workouts more bearable., December 13, 2010
This review is from: 24" X 24" X ~9/16" Extra Thick Multi-purpose Gray Mats (Set of 4) (Tools & Home Improvement)
I have been using these in a workout routine that includes P90X and Insanity. For the movements that require a lot of jumping or sudden moves or shifts they have been excellent. They feel really good under my feet and provide some needed cushioning.

I accidentally put a chair on top of one yesterday and although it tore the top portion where the leg was pressed the mat is still good.

I used these in an apartment on carpeting and they don't shift a lot at all. One thing I don't understand is why the gray mats were abuot $4 cheaper than the black ones and they are the same product.
One reviewer wrote that the black ones are covered with something that feels like Armor-All and made it slick, but that was not the case here. If you just wants some mats for your workout these are the perfect match.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, may need more depending on what your doing., June 29, 2011
I'm doing INSANITY and this is definitely helping me keep the stink off my carpet and keep the noise down from my downstairs neighbor. I've had the mats for a week so I can't speak of their longevity and they are a little slippery but they most certainly get the job done.

I just ordered my second set, unfortunately a set of 4 is not enough. A set of 6 might do but 4 is definitely not enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but need more than 1, March 12, 2011
The padding is great. I have it on hardware floors and for the most part, it's anti-slip. Sometimes, it budges a little bit, but it's not that bad. The only thing though is that 1 is not enough. I'd recommend getting 2 or 3 of these. If you line up in a row, it's about the width of a yoga mat. If you configure them into a box, the space is really too small to do anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and thick, but slips, May 12, 2011
I purchased these mats for working out at home. I do martial arts and some of my home work-out incorporates the same, which includes a lot of shifting back and forth/side to side and the entire square moves with me (I have them on hard wood floors). I tried using a rug pad underneath to see if it helped, but it just skimmed over the rug pad and continued to slip.

However, these mats are very comfortable and thick. I think if you are not doing a lot of lateral movements, these will work out great! They work for most of my work-outs, just not the ones with a lot of footwork involved. Guess I will google what I can do to keep safe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves the Knees!, December 27, 2011
after jumping on my hardwood floor I woke up the next morning and felt like I was worked over by a bookie I owed money too. I bought these mats immediately and after doing my p90x I have less pain then when I used to have carpet

5.0 out of 5 stars Workout mat, June 15, 2011
Like its ability to use at 2 across or 4 long. It meshes together so easy and its a great and practical workout mat for anyone. The thickness is very comfortable and makes for less problems with my kneeling/elbowing exercises. The price made buying these mats a no-brainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands the test of time, September 13, 2013
N. G. "-ng" (Central Illinois) - See all my reviews
I've had these for 2 years now, and they're still doing the job. I mostly use them under a bike trainer, but I've also used them for P90X type stuff. Great for traction and cushion. I do put a layer of non-slip shelf liner underneath, so the whole array won't slip around on top of a concrete floor. Works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Supportive for workouts like Insanity but..., January 21, 2013
I bought these mats because I was starting to have issues with my knees while doing Insanity. In addition, I live on the 2nd floor, so I wanted something to cushion my thumping since I have hard wood floors. The mats are great. I bought 1 set, but I will probably need an additional set. My only issue is that it slides on hardwood floors. To stop it from sliding I had to place my yoga mat underneath it. If you have hardwood, you'll probably have to buy a non-skid rug padding for underneath.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like being at the Gym., July 10, 2013
This is my second set of these 4 packs. The color is not the same from the first set, but I still like them. They assemble, remove, and clean very easily. I will definitely be purchasing again. I'll be picking out the black ones next, since I've added a stationary bike to my workouts. I highly recommend this item, especially the 4 pack!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Workout Mats, March 15, 2013
I use them to do the Insanity Workout. The floor is carpeted underneath. At first the mats would slide a little on the carpet. I put velcro on the bottoms of them and they no longer mover. Good quality and a little thicker than the store bought mats.

Rate and Discover Movies