5.0 out of 5 stars Not Nickelback at all

Published on December 18, 2006 by Wiseguy 945

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Nickelback at all, May 24, 2006
Paige "Wrath" (Liberty, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extreme Behavior (Audio CD)
While people say these guys are the clones of Nickelback, I disagree, I never mistook themfor Nickelback of even connected the two together. And if you compare lyrics and the way Austin (lead singer) sings, I have to say that they've really made their own sound and music here. They have a great collection of songs and even soem variety (though not a plethera of it). They can get inside every person that listens and they have their own sex, drugs, and rock and roll...and alcohol way to them. They are the essence of rock and roll and I think that any person into the rock genre could find these guys have a great sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, May 24, 2006
This review is from: Extreme Behavior (Audio CD)
If you like rock that has a meaning other than just trying to make money then you'll enjoy Hinder's freshman album entitled "Extreme Behavior". It is good to see bands playing their own songs and not stuff written by an outside song writer. Two good songs off the album are "Get Stoned" and "Lips of an Angel". "Get Stoned" is on of their more aggressive tunes that shows they can rock, while "Lips of an Angel" is more mellow and shows that their music can be listened to without getting the urge to stand up and punch someone in the face. I recommend this cd to anyone who wants to relax or has some time where they need to wind down. It drew me in due to the fact that it wasn't constant screaming and loud aggression over the microphone. This is one of the bands you can actually understand compared to the screaming lyrics of other bands. Indeed if you like the sounds of Crossfade and Nickelback then you will enjoy Hinder's "Extreme Behavior".

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, nothing that stands out big, and now so overplayed with "lips of an angel"., December 18, 2006
Wiseguy 945 (Cedar Rapids, IA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extreme Behavior (Audio CD)
I picked this CD at the end of september the week it was released, it was on sale for 5.99 and I thought it would be something new. Its not bad, but it is no classic either. No real stand out rock songs that seperates them from the rock pack. The first song I heard on the radio was "get stoned", which isn't bad, and it peaked my interest to buy the album. But, The rest of the album is just kinda middle of the road rock, nothing special in my book. Now that "Lips of an Angel" is so overplayed, I feel the urge to destroy the album, but am holding on to it because in time the fanfare will pass. One reviewer wrote that these guys remind him of nickelback...I don't see the correlation. yeah, they are in a similar genre, but different. It is good to see a band from somewhere other than the coast, Oklahoma based Hinder does a fair job with this album, and I would like to see what the future albums will look like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing Rock Record!!!, February 13, 2006
This review is from: Extreme Behavior (Audio CD)
I wish that people would stop being so hard on these guys,Sure they sound a little like nickelback, but so what. How many bands are their out there that sound like tool or slipknot? Give these guys some credit, they actually know how to play their instruments. Just listen to "Nothing Good About Goodbye" and "Lips Of An Angel". I'm sick of people taking great rock bands like this and passing them off as simple generic radio material. Shame on all of you, I like nickelback, but i've never heard Chad Kroeger rip into a guitar solo. If you truly like good, old fashioned arena style rock music, check this out. If not, go listen to nickelback and shut the hell up. Best Songs "Lips Of An Angel", "By The Way", "Nothing Good About Goodbye" and "Get Stoned".

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good debut CD, October 16, 2005
This review is from: Extreme Behavior (Audio CD)
I heard about these guys thru of all things an email from a record company. I will have to say I was curious. When I read reviews I was definately interested. Now I have this cd and I was not disappointed. The songs are catchy and definately worthy of some airplay if the radio world will give them a try. I know that "Get stoned " is in rotation now. I am impressed with the sound. These guys are definately worth a try for someone looking for something new and different.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brash, October 13, 2011
I bought this album because I broke the first one (it was literally smashed during a move and in 3 pieces). I didn't hesitate to replace this album because it's so great. I hope I don't break this one but if I do, I'll replace it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Agreed but still .., May 23, 2006
This review is from: Extreme Behavior (Audio CD)
Yes, I agree that this band sounds somewhat generic and it's not the type of music that we have not heard before. But to be honest, if you are into this genre, you will very much enjoy this album. It's got some great melodic tunes and an overal upbeat tempo. I highly recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Discovered good music while on holiday, November 15, 2005
This review is from: Extreme Behavior (Audio CD)
I've never even heard of Hinder before I had visited my best friend in Colorado Springs, her beau was all excited about picking up an new cd. And while her and I were driving around sightseeing I was asking who it was. I love the cd, its good music...I'm definitely digging By The Way. If anyone likes Nickleback or Creed or something along that genre you'd like Hinder. Hot album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, November 10, 2005
This review is from: Extreme Behavior (Audio CD)
These guys sound great the only problem I have with this CD is it only has 10 tracks other than that I recommened this to any rock fan

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Rock Album, December 27, 2006
This review is from: Extreme Behavior (Audio CD)
First, I find it quite amazing that many recent rock albums are compared to Nickleback. Who would have thought that a band that was originally criticized as sounding like others would become the very one that is compared.

Second, they do NOT sound like Nickleback. As a long-time listener to rock music, comparisons are predictable. However, all modern rock will trace to Led Zeppelin folks. If not them, than a slew of 70s rockers that fashioned the rough vocal sound, lyrical hooks, and low guitar chords. Simply put, many of the stated opinions lack serious critical recognition of influences.

Third, music is very subjective. If you like rock, this is a solid album that shouldn't disappoint. Sure, "Lips of An Angel" may have been overplayed, but so were a number of Creed songs and that did not diminish their reputation as a great rock band. Oh, I forgot, they sounded like Pearl Jam. ;-)

The bottom line is that Hinder has its own sound and should do very well assuming they continue to write these types of tunes. For the critics that don't like it, please continue to search for the obscure groups that no one else listens to.

Extreme Behavior
Extreme Behavior by Hinder (Audio CD - 2005)
Rate and Discover Movies