5.0 out of 5 stars Gets The Job Done
Published on April 16, 2012 by TwilightWoman

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!!!
I bought this steamer and used it once. I took out all the water and left it for a month or two. I then tried to use it again on a suit and it didn't work at all. Same issues as some other people have written-both lights are on and it makes a wurring sound. Too late to return.

I do not suggest buying this product.
Published 23 months ago by P. Miyai

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets The Job Done, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Extreme Steam by Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Misc.)
First I bought the more expensive Shark steamer; bad choice - it's way too heavy to hold for any length of time and it does take a long time to heat and really doesn't get wrinkles out. This Conair steamer is absolutely everything that Shark isn't. It's easy to handle, not heavy, gets hot right away - really hot. Has two settings - low and high heat; both work great for levis or silk blouses. I recommend this steamer very highly. One of the best purchases I have made in awhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 3, 2012
This review is from: Extreme Steam by Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Misc.)
Product works better than expected. Actually puts out more steam than my full size unit. U can steam 3 shirts to perfection on a single tank of water and is compact enough to easily pack in suitcase on trips Great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great steamer, July 26, 2012
This really does the job.
Steam out most everything .
Easy to use.
Home or travel,this steamer
Is the best I have ever used,
And I have tried many others....

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!!!, August 6, 2012
P. Miyai "Jazzy" (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extreme Steam by Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Misc.)

I do not suggest buying this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very surprised by how well this works., May 22, 2012
This review is from: Extreme Steam by Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Misc.)
I just got this in the mail today and put it right to work. I needed to unload my travel bag and I had a couple of cotton polo men's shirts that were very wrinkled. They looked kinda like if you took a piece of tin foil and crinkled it up and tried to flatten it out again. I used the mesh screen attachment. I filled it up with water and with ten minutes, on high, I had turned 4 shirts wrinkle free. I just hung them up and made about 2 passes along the front and back. In order to speed up the process even more I'm going to get an oven mitt or something so that I can use both hands.

Only bad part is that it is kinda big(not worth a deduction). About the size of a full size hair dryer. It might take up some room in your suit case but I won't be traveling without mine.

For the price it was a good deal @ 36 shipped with tax. I was going to spend much more but the reviews were very mixed. I figured I would take a chance on this with only 2 reviews but I'm satisfied.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh. This steamer will work, but it won't make your life any easier., July 14, 2012
This review is from: Extreme Steam by Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Misc.)
I decided to buy this steamer after reading all of the glowing reviews and because it was so reasonably priced. I was shocked when I received it the very next day! So, the shipping part of this transaction was extremely satisfactory.

I was really excited so I tried it out immediately. I followed the instructions exactly, I let it heat up fully, the green light was on telling me it was ready to go, but this steamer just didn't do much. I tried it on my boyfriend's collared dress shirt, (not a thick fabric) and it took me almost 20 minutes to do the whole shirt. I also tried it on one of my silk shirts which is very thin, and it was taking me so long I gave up on it.

I'm not saying this product doesn't work, because it does. It just takes a really long time. I hate ironing because it takes so long, so I was hoping this product would be a much quicker way to get things unwrinkled. It wasn't. I think I could have ironed it faster.

I returned it the next day. I'm still shopping around, but fear I might have to spend just a little bit more money for something that does a better job.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice, as long as you have correct expectation.., August 9, 2012
Chenyi Zhang (Lafayette, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extreme Steam by Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Misc.)
this item CANNOT substitute iron...I just got the item today, so I immediately tried to steam my suit and shirts.
it worked fine with my suits. it did eliminate the winkles. however i noticed it "spitted" lots water drops out. literally SPITTING ...(you can even hear the spitting sound lol)
i guess since my suits are all black, i could not tell how bad it was. but when i tried to steam the tshirt, it was horrible. I mean it did get some winkles out (some winkles, deep winkles cannot be eliminated), but the shirts were all damped (again, anybody knows if it is the common problem for all steamer or just this one?)...if you need to steam shirts, then you have to hang it overnight. you just cannot use it if you are in hurry; your clothes will be really wet. again, you still need to iron your shirt if you need that crisp look. but i still consider this item is acceptable, for the fact that i dont need to send my suits to dry cleaning to get rid of the winkles anymore. one thing for sure, i am not going to use it to steam my shirt..sigh..i hate ironing but it is an unavoidable task i guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little steamer, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Extreme Steam by Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Misc.)
My little travel steamer finally bit the dust after 15 years of use. I had just bought some heavy blackout drapes, and they badly needed the package folds steamed out, so I ordered this Conair. I was quite pleased upon receipt. It was well-packaged, included good instructions, easy to fill and holds a decent amount of water, and heats quickly. On the higher setting, it took out those deep folds very nicely with one water fill-up per panel. My worry was that, full of water, it might be too heavy for my arthritic wrists to hold long enough to steam press the folds out of that thick material, but the weight of the unit seems quite well-balanced and I didn't have any trouble. Well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product!, August 16, 2012
I got this today and took wrinkles out of garments that had been there forever! Assuming it continues to work as it did today, I may never iron again. Great product for knits that you are afraid to iron. I'm going to recommend it to my lawyer son who could use it on his suits.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working on 3rd use, October 3, 2012
Adam (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
The Conair GS23 stopped working the third time I used it. It worked o.k. the first two times. I wouldn't bother with this product. The full size steamers appear to be the better bet if you've got the space and inclination. This one is too big to travel with and doesn't work well as a house steamer.

Extreme Steam by Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer