Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 27, 2013
As a H. S. English teacher I showed this movie to my class for several reasons, but what strikes me most is the emotional intelligence of the movie. We get to see our protagonist struggle with trying to make sense of (or better yet come to grips with) the loss of his father, brilliantly played by Tom Hanks. We also get a glimpse into the mind-set of a child who has a touch of Aspberger's Syndrome. Oscar's mother, beautifully played by Sandrta Bullock, demonstrates the painful task of letting one's child sort things out for themselves. Also, Max von Sydow as the "damaged" grandfather adds immensely to the wounded pathos of this haunting tale of working through grief in a post-911 NYC. I sat through seven showings of this movie. Each one moved me immensely. And my student's were too. Highly recommened.
on January 30, 2012
Alexandre Desplat is a wonderful composer and this is classically his style. Simultaneously melancholy and mysterious, he focuses mainly on piano and strings. As with most of his work, he plays around with some especially interesting dissonant chords for the darker side of things, reminiscent of Benjamin Button. But the soundtrack is also not lacking in childhood excitement and wonder.
on August 18, 2013
Absolutely beautiful music. I ordered this soundtrack the moment I finished watching the movie, which is also an outstanding movie.
on July 28, 2014
Beautiful. A great soundtrack by a great composer.
on February 2, 2015
this is a terrific soundtrack