5.0 out of 5 stars Bryan Davis seamlessly weaves high adventure within the Biblical timeline!, December 17, 2007
This review is from: Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) (Paperback)
This was my first novel of Mr. Davis's. As I had heard that Eye of the Oracle was actually a prequel of his earlier series, Dragons in the Midst I decided to start with it. I was immediately impressed to find several things I really love in a good novel. 1.) being thrown into the action quickly--Eye of the ORacle sets us smack down in the middle of a dragon attack upon a villianess you'll not soon forget!
2.) Superb writing--Mr. Davis's prose flows as smoothly as Bing Crosby singing Silent Night.
3.) The unexpected--Eye of the Oracle seamlessly weaves a tale of dragon heroism into the Biblical narrative. We begin just before the flood with the Ark in preparation for its fateful journey upon the waters of God's judgment. In the midst of this, Mr. Davis blends the familiar biblical persons with many we've not heard of before. New demons, Nephilim, Anakim giants, are all thrown into this epic brew with characters from the King Authur Legend as time progresses in the story. DAvis throws twists at us we would never expect, like Merlin as a prophet of God...WOW!
It all boils down to marvelous storytelling and the kind of heroes you'd be proud to sit down and share night after night reading with your own children. Eye of the ORacle delivers on every level, folks and I for one have been transformed into a FAN!--James Somers: author, The Chronicles of Soone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!, December 30, 2006
This review is from: Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have ever read. Eye of the Oracle begins before the Dragons in our Midst series starts. It is a much more complex story than DioM, and adds a whole new angle to the original series. These books are up there with Lotr, Narnia, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Stephen Lawhead books.(All of which I recomend by the way.) This was and awesome read and can stand by itself. but those who have read the previous books may glean more from it. Readers of the other series will get extra insight into Dragon's Rest, Bonnie, Shiloh, and (Duh) Oracles of Fire. Please do not miss out on this wonderful book!

-E

5.0 out of 5 stars An enthralling saga of good against evil, and great deeds achieved by individuals of courageous and faithful spirit., January 6, 2007
This review is from: Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) (Paperback)
Volume one of the Oracles of Fire series, which in turn is a prequel to the Dragons in our Midst series, Eye of the Oracle is an epic fantasy novel about the tension between dragons and mankind, from the era just prior to Noah's ark through the time of King Arthur to the modern day. In Eye of the Oracle, dragons are targeted by the machinations of an ancient and ruthless evil force, and only the sacrifice of noble heroes prevented the dragons' complete extermination as a species. An enthralling saga of good against evil, and great deeds achieved by individuals of courageous and faithful spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly beautiful!!!, January 24, 2007
Jessica McD (Houston,TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) (Paperback)
As I closed the last page (my third time reading it through, by the way.) just the other day I let out a long hard sigh. Something about Eye of the Oracle really gets me thinking. The amazing power of God, and how he can take such small events, and what seems like such insignifacant people and things, and turn it all out for his good, is awe inspiring. And that is what Eye of the Oracle did to me. And there is one part in the book that I especially enjoyed, when God opens Sapphira Adi's (one of the main characters) heart and shows her his mercy and love. It was beautiful. Just absolutly beautiful!

The book starts with the Flood (Noah and the Ark), goes to the Tower of Babel, then to the era of King Arthur until finally it reaches modern day. So much happens in those pages, but it's most certainly not your normal, run-of-the-mill christian fantasy book, it's so unusual, and I think that's whay makes it so wonderful to me. I've never read a fantasy (or any other fiction for that matter!) book like it. It brought me along with it, and I understood the characters, and what they were feeling and what they were going through. I felt their pain, joy and sorrow. And I loved them all for it. And the depth of the writing, it's spectacular!

People kind of raise an eyebrow at me when I say that the characters in books are some of my favorite friends, but it's true. And especially with Eye of the Oracle. Please read it. You wont' regret it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Nothing Else., January 27, 2008
This review is from: Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) (Paperback)
A friend of mine lent me this book after he finished it. Truthfully, I was skeptical. I'm a fantasy novel/game type of person, but it seems that a lot of fantasy novels are like sci-fi, a good book is one in a thousand.

Heres the one in the thousand. Bryan Davis masterfully wrote this book, with a strong storyline, that follows multiple plots, and still keeping interest, and not getting jumbled together.

I couldn't put this down. It was almost the same as when "Deathly Hallows" came out after a 3 year wait.

I look forward to reading more Bryan Davis novels, and I doubt he will let me down, with his writing prowess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Work!, July 25, 2008
This review is from: Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) (Paperback)
Bryan Davis has created a masterpiece that readers of all ages can enjoy. The book is very unique in the fact that it combines fantasy and Biblical events. Everything fits together so neatly that you wonder 'Is this actually real?' The intriguing plot is so lovely in its complexity. I love the spirituality in this book...I actually learned new things about the Bible that I had never known before! I have read this book countless times, it never gets old. Every time I read it again I catch something in the plot that I had not noticed during previous readings. This book is flawless, it should be read by everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking Back, September 17, 2010
This review is from: Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) (Paperback)
Remember your favorite characters from the Dragons in our Midst series? Or are you reading this one as the prequel? Well either way this will pull you into the adventures of the dragons that started it all. Who were the dragons on Noah's ark? What happened to them in the time of King Arthur? Where are they now? All these questions you will be asking (and will be answered) as you read this book. This book is the story of the most beautiful creature. Dragons.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet, February 27, 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) (Paperback)
This is the best of the series, but I suggest that you read the "Dragons in our Midst" books first. This book ties all of the lose threads together. As you read things click. It keeps you reading, a great page turner. I recommend this book to everyone who likes young adult books. Very well done and hooks well into the bible and doesn't sound cheesy like the others. Great for most ages. A definite read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, November 13, 2006
This review is from: Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) (Paperback)
This book is amazing! Eye of the Oracle book is an immense pleasure to read, full of adventure, mystery, fantasy, and God's truths. If you've read Dragons in our Midst you will be able to see how everything ties together. If you haven't read Dragons in our Midst, you will still enjoy Eye Of The Oracle because it has the ability to stand alone! Bryan Davis is an amazing author and a pleasure to know! You MUST read this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye of the oracle, February 25, 2014
Great book! If you get the chance, read this book! Kept me reading, and I can't wait for the next one!

Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1)
Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, Book 1) by Bryan Davis (Paperback - September 12, 2006)
$14.99 $10.42