5.0 out of 5 stars Eye of Scota: Cinaed, December 14, 2010
Lena Grey (Stafford, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye of Scota: Cinaed (Paperback)
Experiencing an epiphany permanently changes one's frame of reference. This shift in perspective brings with it many decisions, the main one being whether to bravely follow ones feelings and promote change or to ignore its impact and leave things as they are. I feel that most people would choose the path of least resistance, however, Cináed, healer/priest/warrior, in 'The Eye of Scota' by Serena Yates, is faced with this dilemma and chooses the high road.

When I saw that 'The Eye of Scota' began with a glossary of terms including Gaelic translations, mythology, and pseudo-historical accounts, I was hooked. I was ready for adventure.

Serena's excellent use of color greatly enhanced my reading enjoyment. In such phrases as, " It radiated the mostly white light laced with all the colors of the rainbow of a new Slànach Stone", I visualized the energy flowing through the stone, renewing its original power and beauty.

While reading "When he saw a glimmer of warm, rainbow-colored light in his mind, he concentrated on bringing it closer." I was able to not only feel, but see their connection growing.

Another example, "A soft, white light seemed to surround them, and for a moment it felt as if they were one person." helped me not only see, but feel their closeness.

'The Eye of Scota' is not just another science fiction story where the space traveler from an advanced society swoops in and changes everything. There's a twist on this theme. He helps our hero bring about change by restoring the 'old ways' putting the civilization back on its original track.

If you like supernatural adventure combined with romance, and steamy man love, you will also enjoy reading 'The Eye of Scota' and accompanying Cináed and the others of Dálriata in their quest to preserve their heritage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, August 31, 2010
Andrew Grey (Carlisle, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye of Scota: Cinaed (Kindle Edition)
I picked this one up as soon as it became available and read it straight through. I found the concept for this story unique and incredibly interesting. The sci-fi/fantasy elements were well conceived and planned without being too far out there, while just different enough to be really fun. This is a must read!!!

Eye of Scota: Cinaed