5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Was There by Dr Charkes Slonim, October 20, 2011
This review is from: Eye Was There: A Patient's Guide to Coping with the Loss of an Eye (Paperback)
Dr Slonim was my Dr. I injured my right eye in a tragic accident on Jan 22 2010 and Dr Solnim was recommended to me as a VA Eye Dr. He operated on my eye Oct 4 2010 and I got my prothetic eye on 22 Jan 2011, exactly 1 year after my accident. The book is so very well written and easy to understand by a novice. Dr Solnim is one fantastic Dr and he took the time to explain the procedure he would perform and then spent time with me to continue my recovery. The ocularist, Mr Frank Tanaka, was a wonderful accompliment to Dr Solunim and my recovery. Thanks to them, I have recovered well and certainly am learning the processes of singular site. However, my golf game suffered a little bit, but I am working on getting it back to where it was before the accident (9 Handicap). Greata Book and a Great Doctor.
I had ordered the book on Kindle after Dr Slonim told me about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Was There, September 9, 2011
THANK YOU DR. SLONIM!!! This book is outstanding for anyone who has lost an eye or is facing enucleation. I am a long time wearer of a prosthesis and have faced many reconstruction surgeries of my lower lid. I discovered Dr Slonim after another local surgeon (who billed himself as an eyelid specialist) botched a surgery. Be VERY careful when finding a surgeon if you wear a prosthesis and need help! When I was trying to find an expert, I realized there was very little information available to people who lose an eye. This book fills an important gap and should be subtitled: Lost Eye for Dummies! This book is on target and covers the cosmetic AND emotional challenges of living without an eye. BRAVO!

5.0 out of 5 stars thank-you!, September 6, 2011
E.Gold (Tampa, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book for a friend dealing with this issue, and decided to read through it myself first. Was amazed to find such a comprehensive and compassionate look at the trauma of losing an eye. This book couldn't be more user-friendly, and I learned a lot of interesting facts. Great illustrations, great text- I recommend this book for anyone who either knows someone or is affected themselves. For those people-this book is a must-read. For others like me, still very interesting, I'm so glad I read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, August 24, 2011
Thanks to the authors for publishing a great book on an topic which is not often covered. Fills a need for patients with issue in a clear concise way. Not easy to find this information anywhere else

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, August 3, 2011
Thank you for writing a book that helps deal with the terrible loss of an eye. Very good coping advise. Well written and very supportive.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great book, July 30, 2011
Kudos to the Authors for writing such a helpful book. I was so excited to give it to a friend in need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my Mom, August 12, 2012
This book was a gift to my Mom who recently lost her eye from ocular melanoma. She is doing great and this was given to help her do even better. She enjoyed the book and said that it did give her more "insight" into what she is experiencing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable Resource for the Layman, August 28, 2011
Dr. Slonim is one of my ophthalmologists--the one who enucleated my right eye two days ago. Not only is he a caring physician/surgeon with the ability to put you totally at ease (he's fun!), but he has written a most informative book dealing with a most serious issue (loosing an eye--what could be harder to give up) in a layman's terms. I read it twice before going into surgery and after I read it, I laid the book down, looked at it and said to myself, "I can go through with this. I can do it. I know exactly what to expect". It calmed so many of my fears. I'm now reading certain chapters again to reinforce my knowledge of what to expect from now until I receive my prosthesis in a few weeks. "Eye Was There" has been and continues to be an invaluable resource for me that will see me through to the end of the process. By the way, I met the lady on page 55 and her eyes are BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't tell which one was the prosthesis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well worth the money!!, September 11, 2013
I read the whole book in one day it not only prepared me for my procedure but made me feel much better and more easy going about it. I really recommend it to anyone who is planing on going thru this dramatic change in life or even to prepare yourself better with supporting someone who is about to endur in this journey. Best money Iv spent to this day!

Eye Was There: A Patient's Guide to Coping with the Loss of an Eye
Eye Was There: A Patient's Guide to Coping with the Loss of an Eye by Martino M.D. (Paperback - July 18, 2011)
$9.99