- Brand Name: Asus
- Model Number: EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Graphics Coprocessor: Radeon HD 6870
- Graphics Card Ram: 1 GB
ASUS Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express Dual DVI/HDMI Video Card with Eyefinity EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- With Exclusive Voltage Tweak Technology design, it covers every possible overclocking and overvolting scenario for beginners to veterans
- Up to 50%* faster clock speed with exclusive Voltage Tweak
- Comes in with pre-overclocked 915MHz engine clock for amazing gaming performance and stereoscopic 3D gaming experience
- Three 8mm copper heatpipes touch GPU directly for 20% cooler than reference HD 6870 design and quiet operation under idle mode
- Super Alloy Power technology for 15% performance increase, 2.5 times longer lifespan and 35°C cooler operation
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
As far as performance goes... WOW! These things are incredible in CFX. I previously ran a 295GTX and am noticing huge gains that I wasn't really sure if I'd get. 3dMark Vantage score of P30805 to be exact, (paired with 6gb Corsair RAM at 1800mhz, i7-970 at 3.6ghz) with the cards overclocked to 975/1150mhz EACH! No artifacts or stutters came up, probably could have gone higher if I was willing to push them more. Temps got to about 74 at full load during the test. Incredible at 1080p, maxing out Crysis 2 with the dx11/hi-res patches and Metro 2033 at completely playable frame rates. I am nothing short of amazed by the performance of these cards. *Do keep in mind that if you want to play at any resolutions higher than 1080p, you are definitely better off with a card that has 2GB of VRAM.Read more ›
1. Fast card for the money. Check out Tom's Hardware or Anandtech for performance chart comparisons.
2. Fairly silent (In comparison to the nVidia GT8800 it replaces...
3. A large number of ports: DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort (Not Apple's MiniDisplay Port)
1. Large. The plastic does extend past a standard ATX motherboard, so make sure there is space behind your PCIE slot.
2. Width. It does take up two slots worth
3. Not entirely size compatible with some boards in PCIE Slot1. On my ASUS P8P67, the heat sinks on the motherboard chipset actually prevents installation of this card into slot one because the backplate on the 6870 extends to far. I had to install it in the second PCIE2.0x16 (Slot 5). Still works, but a bit unconventional.
The Cons are really what prevents me from giving it five stars. They could have designed the plastic fan shroud to be angled so that they could be installed easily. I have a Lian-Li Full Tower Case, and I had to install it by turning it at an angle to get it inside the drive cage to install the card properly behind PCIE Slots 1 and 2 Reminder: Had to do this in a Tower Case!!!! Also, the backplate, which is great for heat dissipation and protecting components a couple of sites complained that the first manufacturing run did not have any protection on the board for the back, so ASUS changed it and the entire thermal solution for the board could have been designed so that at least it did not interfere with being installed in the ASUS's motherboards.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it's an outdated card, but it had some good years on it, RIP the good years.Published 2 months ago by Juan L. Jackson
this is the second review to replace the first the custmer service was grate
they did everything posible to find out what happen shiping is out of there
control my son is... Read more
I already had one of these and added one more for Crossfire. I went with the ASUS brand again for it's performance, great quiet cooling solution and visual appeal. Read morePublished on August 6, 2012 by Amazon Customer
TYhe card is excellent, purchased for the grandsons revamped computer. Fast, cool and have had zero problems with the video card. Read morePublished on July 26, 2012 by Roseville Ray
First - Why, and, who, needs this type of card.
The main reason for getting one of these cards is Eyefinity. Read more
This is a great graphics card from ASUS. The heatsink does its job well and it's also quiet. Overclocking capability is also very good. Read morePublished on July 13, 2012 by K N
good product, nice performance and low power consume.
only thing not so perfect is the noise. But it is acceptable.
Let me start off by saying this card is MASSIVE. Yes, it's been said before, but just make sure your case is big enough for this guy. Read morePublished on April 30, 2012 by J.Lopez
But, like some review said out there.... IT IS A BEAST OF A CARD!!
It will Definitely not fit in a small computer case. Read more