Eyeglass users? I wonder if these headphones will bother me when I put them on, since I use eyeglasses (fat paste sunglass-like Oakleys). Can anybody that used glasses let me know about their experiences with these cans?
asked by RCS on September 24, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
They bother me. I am sending them back.
Florida Outdoors Guy answered on March 5, 2008

A
votes
I started to wear astigmatism correction eyeglasses with a thin flexon frame. While there is no discomfort from the frame itself, a slight bending of the frame throws off correction and causes some additional eye strain.
Sergey Stoma answered on April 14, 2008

A
vote
If you've got fat/wide plastic frames, then these headphones will press against your temples. But since my glasses are wire framed, these headphones don't bother me much; the headphones would sometimes start to hurt after two to three hours. It's a lot comfortable to wear when I have contacts on.
Mark Yu answered on March 9, 2008

A
vote
It really, really depends on how sensitive you are to these headphones pressing on your glasses. Some days I find myself adjusting for a whopping 20 seconds, sometimes it's like neither my glasses or the headphones are on at all. Overall when I do notice the pressing it doesn't bug me much, but that's a Your Mileage May Vary thing.
Evan answered on November 3, 2009

A
votes
I wear very delicate glasses that have very thin frames. Wearing these headphones is a non-issue. If you wear thick glasses, i think you are gonna run into problems with most professional (or semi-professional) grade over-the-ear headphones. Not a whole lot you can do. That said, I really enjoy the HD-280s
Bryan Reynolds answered on March 16, 2008

A
votes
There is minor bending when wearing glasses. Im sure this stems from the large ear cups as this doesnt happen when I wear my Skullcandy Hesh headphones (also very good, but not as flat EQ-wise as the 280s). Those Hesh headphones have smaller ear cup area so they dont cause bending ...as said before: Your Mileage May Vary
Rock fan answered on January 14, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›