5.0 out of 5 stars Nice
Perfect! I used this for punching the fabric on my wedding tent. It worked very nicely. Thank you very much.
Published 16 months ago by Amanda Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and ineffectual
The first grommet I tried to put in a piece of tarp was the last one I was able to try. The tool handle collapsed under fairly light pressure and wasn't able to completely close, so the grommet wasn't even install all the way.
This was a complete waste of money, and I wish I'd had a grommet emergency while this was still in the Amazon return time period...
Published on October 23, 2010 by Jack Huesman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and ineffectual, October 23, 2010
This review is from: Eyelet Pliers Fabric Tent Hole Punch Tool 100 Grommets

Even if this tool worked as it should, the grommets are tiny. There is no way you can put a tie-down or even a decent sized rope through them.

Get the General Tools 1/2" tool General Tools 1260-4 1/2-Inch Solid Brass Grommet Kit. That's the right size for tents and tarps and while it's not as convenient as a plier-type installer, it does at least work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have read reviews, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Eyelet Pliers Fabric Tent Hole Punch Tool 100 Grommets
I have no idea why I didn't read the reviews for this product. It did not come in the packaging that it shows in the picture. Also says that it comes with 100 eyelets...mine came with 89. This is very disappointing. These are self backing eyelets. I crimped one down just to be sure. I am just kicking myself for not checking into this more. We will see if they hold up to the test when I use it on my quiet book and I will do an update.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unsatisfied, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Eyelet Pliers Fabric Tent Hole Punch Tool 100 Grommets
The so called grommets included with this tool only included the "male" part & not the "female" part. I'm sure the tool works if only they included the other part but I'll only find out if I go to the store and find the pairs of grommets.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really fit for purpose, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Eyelet Pliers Fabric Tent Hole Punch Tool 100 Grommets
This product was very poorly made. It would simply not crimp the eyelet's we bought with it. Very disappointing indeed. In fact we threw it away and bought a Crocodile product which was far superior and worked!! What made this product worse was the fact that we were only putting eyelet's in ribbon!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work at all, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Eyelet Pliers Fabric Tent Hole Punch Tool 100 Grommets
Does not include any instructions, bent the first time i used it, not even sure if all the parts are here. complete piece of junk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective, May 11, 2014
This review is from: Eyelet Pliers Fabric Tent Hole Punch Tool 100 Grommets
If you want something that does a really great job and produces a very pretty product, this is not for you. If you want something that is cheap, works, and creates a useful grommet, this will be fine. I read the reveiws, knew what I was getting, and am happy. One thing I was confused about was how the two halves of the grommet fit together. They don't. This uses a single gromet and mushrooms the not-so-pretty side over and onto the fabric. Not pretty, not smooth, not asthetically pleasing, but effective, cheap, simple. Poke a hole in the fabric and jam on that grommet, simple. The tool itself is pretty sturdy, hobby quality, not for professionals, though I admit, I don't personally know any professional grommet installers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Blagh, June 24, 2013
This review is from: Eyelet Pliers Fabric Tent Hole Punch Tool 100 Grommets
Only shipped with one half of the grommets ("male" half). Had to throw away what grommets came with it as places don't sell female only halves. The tool itself seems to be of good quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars BE CAREFUL, August 10, 2014
JGP821 (Santa Barbara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eyelet Pliers Fabric Tent Hole Punch Tool 100 Grommets
BE SURE THAT THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT. It is an EYELET tool, not a GROMMET tool, and there is no hole punch, even though the description says there is one.

Grommets have a top and a bottom which telescope together. You put one in from each side and then use a grommet tool and a mallet to crimp them together. Eyelets don't have a bottom -- the top is serrated and the eyelet pliers are supposed to crimp the serrations over and not leave any jagged edges.

It's marginally faster putting in eyelets . . . if the pliers work. BUT these pliers don't crimp the eyelets cleanly or seat them fully in the fabric. They leave jagged edges and you end up having to go back and use a grommet tool to re-crimp each eyelet, so it takes even longer than using grommets in the first place.

The description of these pliers clearly says 'hole punch' -- but there is NO hole punch. If you're supposed to use the crimping fitting of the tool as a hole punch, it doesn't work.

I would avoid this tool and buy a grommet tool.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, broke after first use, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Eyelet Pliers Fabric Tent Hole Punch Tool 100 Grommets
Very weak metal construction. Handles bent at hinge point after installing 8 grommets. Great idea but the metal is not strong enough. Would not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, July 13, 2013