5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing...for the price.
Published 7 months ago by G. Hickman

3.0 out of 5 stars A little tricky but good.
Look 3/5 stars - Glasses are plastic look a little costumy. Lenses are thin plastic and clear. Not going to fool anyone into thinking they are real working glasses. Best case people think u have a fake pair of costume glasses and are trying out a look.
Published 20 months ago by L. gutierrez

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A little tricky but good., May 23, 2013
This review is from: 720P HD Spy Eyewear Sunglasses Hidden Camera / DVR Video , Voice Recorder 5m pixels +8G Micro SD Card (Camera)
The camera lens was not in the center on the bridge as shown in picture. Instead the were 2 little holes on the each side of the front of the glasses where the legs connect to the front. That made the camera lens look less obvious .

Picture 4/5- Picture and audio is good quality in regular light. Quality is relative to amount of light. Only able to us it for video. Haven't been able to take still pictures with it.

Direction 2/5 stars- Takes practice to figure it out. Directions crappy. Once u figure out the light pattern it's easy to use. Unable to figure out how to set time or take still pictures.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly returned it until I figured it out, October 24, 2013
It's made of cheap material, but stylistically it sufficiently matches frames being sold today as regular prescription glasses; It's very unlikely anyone would realize it's a camera, even if they assume you have poor taste in style or won't shell out for nicer frames.

The critical features, of course, are technical. The instructions are poorly written. This made understanding how to work or troubleshoot them very difficult. I got my computer to recognize the drive once, then none of my computers would recognize it again. While plugged in or removed, the light remained a steady blue no matter what I did. I nearly returned the device until I finally attempted the following. Now they work just as advertised and I'm very pleased. I do plan to treat them gingerly, knowing they could break really easily.

I am not sure which of the following countermeasures made them work, so I'm just listing them all:
- I left it connected all night hoping a battery charge was all that was needed. The Blue light remained stubbornly on; computers still didn't recognize it, but who knows, maybe it was now charged at least.
- Using a pin, I held the reset button (in a hole next to the port) for a few seconds. Blue light finally turned off!
- I purchased a new micro-SD card to replace the one it arrived with (perhaps this wasn't necessary).
- My computers now recognized it, so I formatted the new card FAT32. (Right-click on the drive and choose to format it. You'll have to disconnect and reconnect it for a driver reload, but that seemed to work flawlessly.)
- Through trial and error, I have theorized that operating involves the following steps:
1. Power it on with a 2-sec hold. It will light amber as you hold it, briefly switch to blue, then back to a steady amber to indicate it is ready. If you do nothing further after about 10 seconds, it will blink blue (2x) back to amber, then off. I assume this means it has powered off.
2. While it's in ready-mode (amber light steady), perform an additional 2-sec hold. The amber light will blink twice and turn off. It is recording. And I suppose while you're wearing and recording, it's good for the light to be off.
3. To end the recording, press the button once. The blue light will blink 3x and turn off.
4. Connect the device to your computer and navigate to the video folder to find the new file. The video and audio quality, in view of the materials and problems, is surpisingly very good.

I haven't yet attempted to use, correct, and/or turn off the date/time feature following the instructions.

Neither have I attempted taking still shots (if that's even possible). This isn't critical since video editing software will allow me to freeze/save any frame of video I've taken.

Hope this helps other customers.

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR quality, December 24, 2013
I expected something a bit inferior in quality of the frame and lens, but it was acceptable. The thing I hated was that it didn't record for more than about a minute at a time. And only ONE video at a time. Even if I tried to record more than one video at a minute each, it would only play back the first video. There would be other files, but none would play. On top of that, I would have to convert each video to be able to play it back on any video device. When I asked hot to return it for a refund (after the second day or so), I was given an address in China, which would cost more to ship than it's worth.
Horrible product/service. I usually pay more to make sure it's a quality product, so this time proves that you get what you pay for. I would avoid this at all costs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, July 26, 2013
I received the merchandise I had it for one week the second week it broke when I connected it to the USB support on my PC and I start the other piece into the glasses It broke cheaply built The quality of the video is good but the materials that they used to build it is cheap so I'm sending it back

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing...for the price., June 9, 2014
These glasses are Amazing for the price. I put these on and recorded my kids, and they didn't even know they were being recorded. I see the negative reviews and can't figure out why. I bought these with my expectations in check tho. I didn't buy a pair of "spy glasses" for under $100 and expect them to product movie quality video. All in all, excellent purchase. I purchased my pair from USAsouthernSTAR.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, October 22, 2014
Exactly what I thought it would be. Excellent for the price. Its a cell phone camera on your face. My buddy bought a more expensive pair, and these are better. His glitch when you turn your head and these don't. Don't be fooled by what people say about 720 or 1080p. What matters is the mega pixels. The instructions aren't written that great, but they weren't impossible to figure out. You have to keep in mind that most people still don't know how to use technology.... you press and hold the button for 2 seconds and it goes into standby mode. From there you can press the button again and it will take a picture. Or you can press and hold it again for 2 second and it will enter video recording mode. To stop recording you just press the button again and the light will blink and it goes back to standby mode. Simple right? And when recording anything, make sure the sun or bright lights are at you back. The glasses are very fragile and very light weight. Didn't think the actual plastic glasses part would fool anyone because at one angle they kinda look green, then red at another angle... but it worked for me. I've never worn glasses before, so I wasn't prepared for the constant irritation on the top of my nose. But Hey, can't beat em for the price. Excellent service too. Was at my house the next day! Can't wait to catch someone picking there nose!! Bwahahaha!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Needed it to record my new job training that started ..., August 8, 2014
Needed it to record my new job training that started 8/13/14 ,THEY RECORDED FOR FIVE DAYS THEN STOPPED WORKING !! VERY DIAPPOINTED REALLY NEEDED THEM FOR MY TRAINING !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars These do a fine job of recording., December 20, 2013
I bought these to record flying my RC helicopters. It takes some attention to the light when activating so you make sure it starts recording. You need to keep in mind that they record where your head is pointing not where your eyes are looking. Pretty tricky when your flying RC helicopters. I lose the heli out of frame quite often. They don't auto zoom so the heli gets pretty far away. Can't fault the glasses. It gets too far for my poor eyes too. Used them along with my video camera for recording my grandson's Christmas presentation at school. It did pretty good for an entire view of the stage and video camera could zoom. I even remembered to keep my head straight while moving my eyes to my camera. For the price, I can recommend this product. It's not an expensive item with visual overlay and zoom capabilities, if there are any, but a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars 720P HD Spy Eyewear Sunglasses Hidden Camera/DVR Video, March 4, 2014
Great - just what we wanted. Excellent price!! It is a great buy - will recommend to our friends and family.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't do that if I were you...., October 23, 2014
Cheap, didn't work, not worth it! the plastic frames have a seam accross the nose pieces which are sharp. The lenses are such cheap plastic they are reflective, and the memory card that came with the glasses was corrupted. I returned them the same day they arrived. Very dissapointed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›