Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Outdoor Deals on bgg

on June 22, 2011
This would be a good case with the flatter lens on the epl1. As it is, with the 14-42 it is a very tight fit. (dont accidentally turn on your camera while it is still in the case or the lense will grind against the inside front of the case). also, with the 14-42 lens, one can not take a pic without completely unsnapping and removing the front cover (instead of just being able to unsnap the top and remove over-and-down leaving the bottom snap connected). Also the bottom snap is just a magnetic snap, so there is not enough substance there to actually hold the cover while one takes pics. not a well thought out design. It could have been great...
on May 28, 2011
This is an amazing case.
Why buy it...???

The PEN is an amazing line of camera, really compact.
This is the reason why I bought it.
I also have a E-30, however it's a full size DSLR.
So the PEN goes with me for bike rides, etc.

So, now comes the necessity of trowing it in my back pack, and still being able to protect it.

The solution...
This totally amazing case.
Talk about quality, full leather, beautiful design.
It fits the PEN perfectly, it screws to the tripod mount.
Easily removed, for quick pictures, it's held by 3 magnetic clips, that strongly and securely hold it in place.

Note, you can only use it for "small" lenses, meaning the 14-42, or the 9-18.
When not using the small lenses I still leave it on as it will protect the underneath of the camera.

Also, on the bad side, to remove battery or memory you need to unscrew the bottom part of the case (this is the one that always stays on).
It's not something aggravating, as it's quickly removed, however, it should be noted.

Would greatly recommend it...
review image review image review image review image review image
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2011
I bought this to protect my new PEN E-PL2 camera. I can't speak to the issues with the kit lens since I'm not using that one. However, with the Lumix 20mm 1:1.7 pancake lens, UV filter, and a metal hood it fits perfectly. The construction of the case itself is excellent. (I would have given this product five stars if the strap was of the same high quality as the case. The strap that came with the camera is better made.) An interesting side note: I dropped the main part of the case off our sailboat in the middle of Chesapeake Bay and it floated! I made a u-turn and picked it up, rinsed it off, dried it in the sun, and it was good as new. Overall, I'm very pleased. The case is attractive, well-padded, and provides JUST the measure of protection I was seeking.
on June 27, 2011
Product specific cases not made by the manufacturer always make me warry; will they really fit right? But since Olympus doesn't make anything like this, I took a chance. The fit with the 14-42mm lens is spot on without an inch to spare. Just what I wanted. It snaps open and rotates to let let you use the camera without fully removing (and then trying to find a place for) the cover. If you want a minimal covering to slip on and off and don't need any other storage, this is the way to go.
on April 29, 2012
I have had other cases for my Pen PM1 that I loved! but this one not so much. On my EPL1 it just doesn't fit that snug around the body, and too snug on the lens. Overall I like my camera better with it than without it, but am thinking about returning it and looking more.

With the 14-42mm kit lens, whenever I pull the case off the lens cap is pulled off too. I thought I lost the cap in a restaurant today but luckily looked under the table and saw the cap had fell under my feet without me noticing. It has happened several other times that either the cap is left behind in the leather case, or else it springs out when I pull the case off. Maybe I'll get the feel of a method to remove the case that doesn't cause this problem.

Secondly the case isn't very form fit to the body. Like pictures show, there is a big gap on the side if you're using the EPL1. Not pretty and not as solid as I'd like.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2011
Ordered this as a gift for a friend. It did not fit his Olympus E-P2 Camera. Sent it back and ended up purchasing a case at a local camera store. Amazon's return policy is great!
on June 17, 2011
I mainly use the lower portion of this case and it stays on the camera except when I am switching out the battery and mem card. The neck strap is fixed to the case and not the camera. I switch out the metal strap lugs on the camera stap to lock clips. I like it.
on March 16, 2012
I wanted to save myself some money so I decided to try this case after seeing some good reviews. I was hoping for a little bit more out of the case. The black material itself is very thin and became damaged easily and looked like crap, it is not a solid leather product. I will say that even though the outer case is scratched easily and looks messy the camera was protected. I will repeat what everyone else has said, I have the EPL-1 with the kit 14-42 lens, this case is very snug with that lens. The case will still close fair enough, but you will notice the indent on the inside of the case from the lens being dug in. This was one of my cons to the case, it made me nervous that this pressure might be doing more damage than I could initially see. To break it down:

- Cost
- Nice Style
- Fits EPL-1. The inner shell is a bit big on the sides and the outer shell is tight on the kit lens.

- Easily scratched outer material, and is much cheaper feeling than the pictures show.
- Tight fit on the EPL-1 14-42 lens.
- The most important reason why I decided to spend the money and get the Olympus case. The outer shell was a pain to take off around the lens. I would have to tilt the entire camera forward and let it basically drop of the lens.
- No place to store the outer lens while you are actually using the camera. The bottom clasp is a magnet, so it will not hold the outer shell by itself. The Olympus case has a large push clap on the bottom so there is no worry about the outer shell falling off while taking pictures. You can have it hang neatly from the inner shell, which I like.

Final thought. If you are debating between the Olympus Pen case and this one. Spend the money on the Olympus. I have no doubt my Olympus case will last me the entire time I have this camera. This one didn't even last a week with my daily usage.
on June 9, 2012
This is a well-made leather case for the Olympus Pen E-PL1 camera. As with all camera cases of this type, it comes with two parts; a screw-in base portion and a wrap-around part that snaps onto the base and covers the camera's lens. The case provides good protection from dust and contact with hard objects that might damage the camera. Some of the negative comments that have been posted are accurate but I haven't found them to be much of an issue for me. Yes, the fit is tight but if you collapse and lock the lens the fit is perfect. And yes, you really have to remove the entire front cover to comfortably operate the camera but I prefer to remove the front cover anyway. When I'm taking photos, I like the camera to be ready and available and the idea of opening or closing up the case after each shot or letting the lens portion just hang there, would get in the way of that utility. In any case, the camera nestles nicely in the bottom part of the case when the lens portion is removed and still provides a bit of protection when placing the Olympus down on a hard surface. Also, when the base portion alone is in place, I like the more secure feel of the camera in my hand. I consider this nice-looking case to be best utilized for storing and protecting the camera when it's not in use or when it's packed away while traveling. I've been very happy with this purchase.
on November 23, 2011
I ordered this Case for my E-P2 without reading the reviews. Fortunately, it fits my E-P2 like a glove and looks very good. However, it does not fit my E-PL1 at all.