5.0 out of 5 stars It works! although it has some limitations
Published on January 9, 2012 by MeridianX

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't use your flash with this cap system!
Published 16 months ago by Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars It works! although it has some limitations, January 9, 2012
MeridianX (Bucks County, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EzFoto Auto Lens Cap / Lens Hood for Fuji Finepix X100 (Electronics)
As a happy owner of an Fuji X10, I was looking for a spare lens cap to have when traveling with the camera. I found this "auto lens cap" and thought I'd give it a try. First of all the technical description of the installation is incorrect, It says "To use, please remove the silver ring on the X10 lens, and then screw-in the Auto Lens Cap / Hood to the lens. And then slide the OPEN button on the lens cap to the right, 3 pieces of caps will release automatically with designed angle and works as lens hood. Press the 3 pieces from the back to close the Lens Cap." Bottom line is that it installs over the lens zoom barrel grip and stays on by friction. To install you gently push down keeping the cap parallel to the camera it goes on and stays on. Then when you turn the lens cap unit (which simultaneously turns the zoom ring) the camera lens easily pops through the lens cap. You turn it the opposite way (as you would normally), the lens retracts and the cap wings (being spring loaded) return to the closed position. Also, even though it is advertised as a lens hood it does work as such. The unit is very useful in casual or travel photography when the camera is going in and out of bags or jacket pockets and/or when you want to protect the lens but do not want to keep juggling the coveted Fuji lens cap. Limitations: It is not compatible with the Fuji or aftermarket lens hoods Fujifilm Lens Hood X10 for Digital Camera and the leather Fuji camera case Fujifilm Leather Case X10 for Digital Camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't use your flash with this cap system!, April 26, 2013
I love that it stays with the camera! I like that it has a switch that pops the blades out. However, I don't like that when I do have to use the camera's flash system, the lens cover can create a shadow from one of it's three blades. Due to this it also creates some flash light fall off for the areas not effected by the shadow. I did find that I could rotate the cover to slightly help with the blade shadow, but then the cap/cover was sitting loose on the camera due to it being a screw on system. You can also see the cap blocking some of your view if you are using the OVF. This was not a problem for me because I prefer the EVF for my shooting needs. Perhaps if they made the blades from a clear plastic material it would effect the flash less than a solid black.

Rate and Discover Movies