4.0 out of 5 stars A little flimsy but great
The hood feels flimsy on the hand but works great. It is made with a light plastic, and the silver finish is easily scratched. (I scratched it when I put the camera with hood attached on a rock) It fits snugly on the lens that it won't fall off, but I can see after many uses it's gonna get loose.

However, for the price, it works great and really can't ask for...
Published on May 2, 2012 by W. So

Published on August 26, 2012 by Dpbours

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A little flimsy but great, May 2, 2012
This review is from: EzFoto Bayonet Mount Lens Hood Shade for Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 lens, 100% replaces LH-40B (Electronics)

However, for the price, it works great and really can't ask for more.

By the way, this is kind of reversible. It attaches to the lens reversed, but it will cover the focus ring.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, January 8, 2012
One should really be upset at Olympus (despite creating probably one of the best lenses ever) for two reasons:

1. Not including a hood with the lens
2. Charging so much for the lens hood

This lens hood is about 1/4 the price of what Olympus will charge you for the OEM hood. It does the job, and while it could be a tad sturdier (hence the 4 stars), I got no complaints. Also, I picked this over the threaded metal hood because I wanted to be able to put on the lens cap with the hood on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for lens protection and anti-glare, July 3, 2012
The material is sturdy enough to be used for lens protection and anti-glare. It would be unfair to compare it to styrofoam. I recommend it over its sibling as it provides quick attach/detach via the bayonet mount and not the filter threads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very close to the Olympus hood, August 29, 2013
I have bought the EZFoto hood after I misplaced my olympus hood and i have to say that this replica hood is very close to the originl. I noticed that the plastic is not as strudy as the Olympus one but this is not saying that the EzFoto one feels cheap. The mechanics of the hood and how it mounts on my 45mm lens is exactly the same as the Olympus one. For the price, i would tell anyone that asks about either buying the olympus hood or the EzFoto one to go for the EzFoto hood. It is basically the same lens hood at a much cheaper price. Olympus should be ashamed at what they are charging for their lens hood.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks like the original, but it is a mediocre copy with a loose fit..., August 26, 2012
Maybe I was unlucky with my copy of this lens hood. Maybe it is the tolerance of the product. Maybe it's what you get when you go for a replacement lens hood, but I got great replacement hoods of the same brand in the past that were just fine. This replacement lens hood shade is of mediocre quality and I would not buy it again. It does not fit well; it is too loose and feels wobbly.
It looks okay, but the fit is just not what you would hope for. Looks are one thing, but I feel this hood might be lost soon or break at some point in the near future. Maybe you will be lucky with your copy, maybe you won't care about the fit and are happy with the looks. But I would not recommend the one I have to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Lens Hood Does what it is supposed to do!, January 26, 2014
David Hutchinson (Tampa Bay, Florida) - See all my reviews
I received the lens hood before the lens. At $15. it is a bargain compared to what Olympus wants for the hood for the same 45mm lens. Still waiting for the lens...but the Hood appears to be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect for the money, November 9, 2013
Tridacna (Springfield, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Not sure why people are whining about this product. It fits perfectly and does exactly what is promised. Quality is as good as the Olympus product (not saying that much I suppose) but at one third of the price. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, August 28, 2013
O. Rascon (Chicago, illinois United States) - See all my reviews
Not much to add to the review-o-sphere. It's a cheap, plastic hood shade. It feels like it'll fall off ay any moment, but surprisingly it hasn't. I think that Olympus should have provided a hood for the 45mm, one made of much better materials. Oh well, this one does the job.

*** EDIT SEP 6th, 2013 ***

I just gave this item an extra star because I figured out that it can, indeed, fit very well on the 85mm lens. I just put a little pressure while turning it and it clicked and fit very nicely on my lens. So now I have no reason to believe that it will come off during a shoot. I hope this helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars loose, July 13, 2013
Hood was well packed (mfr's box in an outer box with padding - much better than my recent experience buying an Oly hood from a major NY photo dealer starting with A). The hood is very loose on the lens - in both the deployed and reversed positions. It's held by a couple of plastic bits acting as weak springs - looks like they'll break if I mess with them - which they'll probably do anyway the first time the mounted hood gets a good knock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why don't people like this?, July 11, 2013
What are all these complaints about? It's a plastic lens. If you wanted a perfect fit you should have dropped 1K on a metal lens/hood. I'm honestly shocked at how well it fits. It has never fallen off and there is no noticeable movement. A+. I love the lens and the hood.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›