Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fotasy Bayonet Lens Hood for Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm f/1.8 Lens, Replaces OLYMPUS LH-40B, Silver (LH40BS)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 8, 2012
One should really be upset at Olympus (despite creating probably one of the best lenses ever) for two reasons:

1. Not including a hood with the lens
2. Charging so much for the lens hood

This lens hood is about 1/4 the price of what Olympus will charge you for the OEM hood. It does the job, and while it could be a tad sturdier (hence the 4 stars), I got no complaints. Also, I picked this over the threaded metal hood because I wanted to be able to put on the lens cap with the hood on.
on August 26, 2012
Maybe I was unlucky with my copy of this lens hood. Maybe it is the tolerance of the product. Maybe it's what you get when you go for a replacement lens hood, but I got great replacement hoods of the same brand in the past that were just fine. This replacement lens hood shade is of mediocre quality and I would not buy it again. It does not fit well; it is too loose and feels wobbly.
It looks okay, but the fit is just not what you would hope for. Looks are one thing, but I feel this hood might be lost soon or break at some point in the near future. Maybe you will be lucky with your copy, maybe you won't care about the fit and are happy with the looks. But I would not recommend the one I have to anyone.
on May 2, 2012
The hood feels flimsy on the hand but works great. It is made with a light plastic, and the silver finish is easily scratched. (I scratched it when I put the camera with hood attached on a rock) It fits snugly on the lens that it won't fall off, but I can see after many uses it's gonna get loose.

However, for the price, it works great and really can't ask for more.

By the way, this is kind of reversible. It attaches to the lens reversed, but it will cover the focus ring.
on July 3, 2012
The material is sturdy enough to be used for lens protection and anti-glare. It would be unfair to compare it to styrofoam. I recommend it over its sibling as it provides quick attach/detach via the bayonet mount and not the filter threads.
on August 29, 2013
I have bought the EZFoto hood after I misplaced my olympus hood and i have to say that this replica hood is very close to the originl. I noticed that the plastic is not as strudy as the Olympus one but this is not saying that the EzFoto one feels cheap. The mechanics of the hood and how it mounts on my 45mm lens is exactly the same as the Olympus one. For the price, i would tell anyone that asks about either buying the olympus hood or the EzFoto one to go for the EzFoto hood. It is basically the same lens hood at a much cheaper price. Olympus should be ashamed at what they are charging for their lens hood.
on August 28, 2013
Not much to add to the review-o-sphere. It's a cheap, plastic hood shade. It feels like it'll fall off ay any moment, but surprisingly it hasn't. I think that Olympus should have provided a hood for the 45mm, one made of much better materials. Oh well, this one does the job.

*** EDIT SEP 6th, 2013 ***

I just gave this item an extra star because I figured out that it can, indeed, fit very well on the 85mm lens. I just put a little pressure while turning it and it clicked and fit very nicely on my lens. So now I have no reason to believe that it will come off during a shoot. I hope this helps.
on April 3, 2013
I bought two products to protect my 45mm f/1.8 lens, this hood and a UV filter. Both have served their purpose quite well. This hood is significantly less expensive than the Olympus hood, and cost was the reason for my choice. I have found over several months of use that the hood does its job well. I have one minor quibble: the hood slips slightly loose from time to time, although there has never been any danger of it coming off. One notices, one tightens, and one moves on. But would I ever consider paying 3 to 4 times the cost of this piece to get one which never wiggles? Not until the money tree in my backyard starts bearing fruit.

Now, it must be said that it takes two to tango. It is possible that my lens would allow the Olympus hood to wiggle also; the manufacturing tolerances might be such that no hood would be perfect on my lens. The rest of the build of the lens is so good, and it performs so beautifully, that I doubt that would be the case. But, who knows?

(If I could, I'd give this product a 4.5, but since that's not possible, you see only 4 stars in this review.)
on November 9, 2013
Not sure why people are whining about this product. It fits perfectly and does exactly what is promised. Quality is as good as the Olympus product (not saying that much I suppose) but at one third of the price. Highly recommended.
on January 26, 2014
I received the lens hood before the lens. At $15. it is a bargain compared to what Olympus wants for the hood for the same 45mm lens. Still waiting for the lens...but the Hood appears to be perfect.
on February 20, 2012
This lens hood is far less expensive than the rapacious offering from Olympus. It is reversible, which is nice for compact storage. The plastic is not as thick or rigid as some hoods I own but it is perfectly functional. The fit is a little bit loose as well.

In my opinion the lightweight and reversibility makes it a superior option to threaded hoods despite the slightly cheap feel.

All and all I'm happy with the product and performance for the price.

One star to Olympus for once again not including the hood with multi-hundred dollar lenses.

See 1 answered question