Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EzFoto Auto Open Close Self-Retaining Lens Cap & LCD Screen protector for Panasonic Lumix DMC LX-7 Leica D-LUX 6
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 4, 2013
if you have this awesome case http://www.amazon.com/MegaGear-Protective-Leather-Camera-Panasonic/dp/B009MHY6BQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1362460838&sr=8-5&keywords=lx7+case
You will have to choose between your awesome super-form-fitting case and your awesome auto lens cap. I just want you to be prepared for that.
on June 18, 2013
The auto cap works as described, but does add some bulk to the camera. I didn't take this into account when I purchased my camera bag, and when pulling it in and out of the bag, the cap wants to rotate off. I would have thought that the cap would have had more of a snug fit, but it is somewhat loose. I also had one occurrence of the lip of the lens catching on the cap tip, which prevented it from closing (I think when it was at full zoom). I had to manually unclip the lens cap from the lens and turn off/on the camera to reset the error message..
on June 9, 2013
I bought this kit with my brand new Lumix LX-7 camera. This cap is MUCH better than the cap that comes with the camera, which is hard to remove. There is also the added benefit of not having to worry about removing the lens cap before taking the photo, which is great for street and action photography. The lens cap opens and closes quite smoothly (but make sure your neck-strap doesn't get in the way when turning the camera off!) and I've haven't had any quality-related issues with its operation.

However, I simply can't give this cap 5 or even 4 stars for one reason - it fits to the camera way too loosely. While it takes superhuman strength to remove the original cap ring (see instructions for details), this caps screws onto the camera quite easily...and can pop off just as easily. If you are anything but gentle with the camera (putting it into your pocket or into a bag if you are out and about on the go), please keep this in mind. There have been times when I was horrified to discover that the cap completely popped off the camera and my lens was exposed to the contents of my bag or pocket. As far as I can see, no harm done yet, but I'm looking for something else while being extra careful with this cap.
on September 7, 2013
I can't imagine not having an auto open lens cap. It allows you to take quick snapshots without remembering to remove the cap. Because it stays on the camera, there's nothing to lose, and no flapping against your camera if you have it tethered.
That being said, this is the first and only auto open cap that I've had, having just purchased my Lumix XL-7. You have to take off the ring that is around the lens of your camera to put this cap on. You just kind of fit it over the lens and give it a bit of a clockwise turn to set it in place. The three sections on the cap that open when your lens extends seem to fit pretty tightly together. Enough so that I'm not worried about anything damaging my lens. Occasionally the cap has come off when I've taken my case off, but that's not really a big deal -- just pop it back on. I'm quite happy with it. By the way, I also purchased this case and it fits the camera with the auto lens cap in place -- "Camera Case specially designed for Panasonic LUMIX DMC LX7 LX-7 and
LEICA D-LUX 6 + MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth"
Sold by Digital Goja

The LCD screen protector is just what I wanted it to be. It is basically a hard piece of plastic. It is easy to install and precisely covers the screen on my Lumix LX-7. No bubbles or anything, because its a hard protector, not just film. Now that it's on I can't even tell that it's there.

For this price, I definitely would recommend this EZFoto lens cap and LCD protector.
on September 4, 2013
I bought a Panasonic Lumix LX7 and read in numerous reviews that there was dislike for the lens cap. I had strong interest in the camera, but zero interest in having to take a lens cap off every time I wanted to snap a picture. I about to grudgingly move on to looking at other cameras when a reviewer mentioned this self-retaining cap. So I ordered it at the same time I ordered the LX7 and crossed my fingers. This lens cap is everything I hoped it would be and more. When I power up the LX7 the lens barrel automatically extends outward and pushes right through the EZFoto cap ready to shoot. Power the camera down and barrel retracts and the flaps of the lens cap firmly and completely cover up the Leica lens. After literally hundred and hundreds of power up/down cycles this cap is still performing flawlessly. Well, maybe with one small flaw. It may only happen with the LX7, but when I fully extend the zoom as far as it will go (which is not that often) the flaps will get caught behind the slight protusion of the lens where it sits on barrel. Again this only happens on full zoom extension of the LX7 and now that I'm mindful of it I just slightly lift one (and only one) of the flaps before retracting the lens. Once the lens has begun retraction I let go the flap and there are no other issues. And this may not even be an issue at all on another camera brand/model.
on March 16, 2013
the cap is loose and can easily fall off. also, if you zoom all the way out, the lens gets caught on the cap's blades and will not retract. i will be returning this.
on October 4, 2013
It didn't fit. I got taken for a ride. I feel so used. someone please hold me. I later realize that the guys who made the original lens cap knew how to make a useful lens cap.
on December 3, 2013
It fits loosely on the camera, but it is still snug enough that it wont actually fall off without actually trying.
on November 19, 2014
Works great, no issues. Makes shooting alot easier due to the fact I just only have to switch on my Camara and it's ready to go! Just doesn't look as cool as the Lumix lettering of the stock lense cover!
on December 28, 2015
This item keeps coming off from the lens. Sure it is a cool thing to be added as the lens protector. But it is becoming inconvenient after a few times of having to re-attach the cap.