on September 8, 2012
Verified Purchase
I was looking for a case for the family Lumix DMC-GX1, and didn't want to shell out for the Panasonic DMW-CGK14, which doesn't even have a cover for the lens. True, the Panasonic cover is leather and this isn't, but for a third of the price I thought I'd give it a try. The case comes in 3 sections: one that attaches to the body via metal knob to the tripod mount, and two that form the lens cover. The two lens sections connect via two snap fasteners, and connect to the body with three snaps. The two snaps next to the metal knob allow the lens cover to pivot over the top of the camera and down when the third snap is undone.

What I like about it:
- The price
- That it covers the entire camera
- The tripod mount can still be used while the camera's in the case (the metal knob is tapped for the same size screw)

What I don't like about it:
- The bottom of the case must be unscrewed from the camera mount to access the memory card and battery
- The contour on the bottom section is off-center and touches the lens, which is more annoying than problematic, but it's a noticeable flaw
- The lens cover is tight over the manual zoom lens--I've taken to undoing one of the two snaps holding the two sections of the lens cover together to make it easier to flip open

If the lens cover were easier to flip open, I'd give it 4 stars. For single shots, it's not too bad, and for extended use I just detach the lens cover. Still, even though I feel it's only a 3 star item, I don't regret buying it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on December 8, 2012
Verified Purchase
Really like the fit except that it's too tight for a 14-42mm lens.

I am giving it some time hoping it'll soften up as it breaks in.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again