4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful
Published 8 months ago by jim wilson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, May 25, 2012
This review is from: EzFoto Stainless Steel D-Link Screw for Quick Release Neck Strap, R-Strap (Camera)
I got this to attach to my SLR so that I could hang it from various straps, but still have quick access to it. I've used this product for about 30 hours of use total and the D-Link held the camera securely. My reasoning for giving 4 stars instead of 5 is that the threaded portion that screws into the camera body is a bit shorter than I would have liked. As you can see from the picture it only affords about two full rotations before it is completely screwed in. The good news is that the rubber pad holds it securely in place and prevents it from unscrewing, but I would have still liked a bit more threading to have some added security.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, December 14, 2013
It is a nice concept but the ring will come off if the camera is heavy and it is pulled from the side. like another reviewer said you could drop your camera. I was careful to watch for this while on vacation and caught the camera before it came off but the d ring is spring steel and not all the way thru the head. On a smaller camera it probably is ok but my Pentas K7 with a 50-500mm lens was definatly too much for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for the camera buff, January 2, 2013
This little piece right here, makes it so much more convenient to carry your camera around. Neck straps bother me way too much. Great for a shoulder strap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, November 20, 2012
I use these for hanging small Zoom recording devices from my neck so I can hold a microphone. Works perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars BB&H, October 10, 2012
This thing is BB&H - Big Bulky & Heavy - maybe good for a large DSLR but not for a small camera
But I must say its built like a tank solid metal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong, January 8, 2014
This is a very nice piece of metal. My only negative is that the metal loop is quite large, I prefer my strap sliding through tighter. The loop portion could literally leave an 1/8" gap and for me that would be better. I would give the design a 4 star based on this over-sized loop but since what I received is exactly like the picture I don't feel its fair to knock off a star. The rubber part is thick and the screw goes into the camera perfectly. The unit stays in the camera and does not get loose over time. It is what it is and works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the ExFoto SS D-Link, November 27, 2012
As a pro photographer I am always looking for products that improve my workflow, and this is one of them. Solid, well designed and super inexspensive make these a must have to carry multiple bodies around. I have them on all of my bodies making it easier than ever to use multiple bodies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for quick detach!, July 11, 2012
Jack Keller "Family Guy" (Saint Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Great solution for quickly detaching my strap if I want to mount up and do a little video steady work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 13, 2014