Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

F*** the naysayers. This film is awesome!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 14, 2009 12:01:12 PM PDT
M. Hefner says:
I did not like this film the first time I saw it for a couple reasons : 1) I didn't expect it to be the kind of film it is, and I feel I missed the Mann's vibe because of that; 2) the storyline is more dense even than Heat with A LOT of those long Mann dialogue scenes that aren't easy to absorb as a not-fully-engaged viewer (which I was).

A few notes:
1) This is a film that you need to see more than once. If you pay adequate attention to the character development, dialogue, and events, you will be engaged with the action and drama that unfolds.
2) A lot of people have grievances with Colin Farrell's performance. It's kind of grown on me, actually, the more I've seen the movie. Just try not to get too caught up with it, because there are so many other quality elements in the film.

Posted on Jul 17, 2009 10:17:27 PM PDT
Roman85 says:
Could'nt agree more, this is the "Miami Vice" that would be seen today as a show, but the 80's show was also just as good, but it did play on the fashion scene of the 80's, & the MTV video obsession back then, basically the show was a product of its time
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jul 14, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions