Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "F1: Formula One Championship Edition - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 73% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.98 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
F1: Formula One Championship Edition - Playstation 3
|Price:||$44.98 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$15.01 (25%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Featuring all the official cars, circuits, drivers and teams of the 2006 FIA Formula One World Championship.
- High Definition visuals, full surround sound, changing weather conditions and authentic vehicle damage guarantees the most realistic racing experience ever.
- Feel pure Grand Prix pressure with formation laps, interactive pit stops, official race rules, unexpected collisions and full online play.
- Easy access for drivers of all abilities with driving aids, spin recovery and automatic braking assistance.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
1 The game offers a bunch of driving aids for n00bs.
2 The graphics are fantastic even though the output is only 720p you will be amazed when the rain starts to pour down.
3 The tracks and the environment around them are perfectly detailed.
4 The presentation is 99% TV- like. Including displays, commentary, camera angles, etc.
5 You can set up the car just the way you want. You can change more than 15 aspects, including the basics (tires, wing, brakes) and advanced (camber, gear ratio, brake bias).
6 The online mode is really entertaining. There are a bunch of options that allow you to enjoy the race without getting bothered by n00bs or a-holes.
7 You can earn rewards like tracks and cars by playing the different game modes (career, single race, time trial, etc).
The only negative thing I could find is the difficulty mode. Easy mode is too easy, and medium feels almost impossible, forget about difficult, you'll never see the cars infront of you again. And also, when racing in the dark, either dusk/dawn, the track is almost impossible to see, even in hd. You'll have to guess your way around the track for the career mode tests.
Of course as an avid f1 fan I would have liked to see more things included in the game, the pace car, corner workers, marshalls, etc. But that will not stop you from having a heck of a time with this game.
1) No replays, unless during the race, we can't get a save not even for one lap.
2) No Pace Car and poor managing the accidents events.
3) Pit stops are dummy, we need to press the 4 controler buttons, when it should be done for itself.
4) No race delegates with flags anywhere, not even crossing the line for chess flag, nobody waving a flag there, just a symbol in top of screen, very poor.
5) Running outside the track and eating the sand or grass don't bring much trouble to car speed or performance.
6) Chase right in back of another car don't shows very good air tunnel effect.
7) Multiplayer: US version DON'T allow on-line play with EURO version and vice-versa !?!?
8) Crashed cars (our ours) disapear from track moments after accident or other event that not allows to proceed in race. Big flaw. If we see one accident, in next lap the track is completely CLEAN, not a clue if any accident happen there. (I raced one lap where I saw one car engine blowing in front of me and when I turn I saw it disapear and I got up one position in race, not realistic at all.
9) I tested Logitech Wheel (Driving Force Pro) with it, no Force Feedback at all.
...and many others flaws, not to forget its based on 2006 championship, not allowing us to update/customize drivers or team names.
...BUT, the game is the best F1 game ever, provides lots of fun and is addictive, mainly because PS3 power provides it, visualy and speed almost make us forget the flaws. This game need to return to dev time and should came a new version as UPGRADE for F1 owners, as its really incomplete.
My 4 starts goes mainly for the addictive fun we can get from it.Read more ›
Another cool point...I was driving and made a turn going down a straightaway and I suddenly found myself mad at the game because I couldn't see hardly where I was going because the sun was in my eyes...but then I thought....holy cow, the SUN IS IN MY EYES !! Like it would be in a real driver's eyes !! Talk about realistic !!
The speed in this game is also very realistic, you actually FEEL just how fast you are supposed to be going. The sounds and environment are great also.
Bottom Line: This is one of the games to use to show off your new PS3 !! We had to wait a bit for this game, but it was worht it. If you are a fan of racing games at all, then stop reading, grab the wallet and head to the game store to get F1 Championship Edition !!
Unlocking classic race cars from the past was my favorite feature. Driving a Lotus and just enjoying the sound of those V8 engines is simply priceless. Great detail too!
Minor details could be improved, such as more commentaries from the pits and commentators, a better celebration at the end, or a more interactive pit stop. None of these however, will change the fact that the game rocks.
One thing that could improve though, is the multiplayer options. There is no mic option available, and the interface is a bit confusing. Trying to get realistic is a challenge, for example, if somebody ignores a pit stop and rans out of gas, he will just be re spawned in the track with more gas. The lenght should be bigger, I know there are several fans dying to try a full scale race, with the actual qualifying session. For what the games costs nowadays, multiplayer support should be something to keep in mind. Anyway, this games is 99% solo game, career mode is quite a challenge. Simply the best F1 simulator out there.
- Sweet Graphics
- Great Sound
- Incredible attention to detail
- Very technical
- Addictive multiplayer
- Multiplayer rules and interface could improve
- No voice chat option
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game is awesome!!! I could play this forever!! Here's the things I like, (this will be like my review of Formula one 2001 for ps2)
1. Read more
Not bad for a 2006 version. Good control, great engine sounds and you can even control what happens in the pits. A must have for your collection.Published 11 months ago by Roger D Baloche