Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KRUPSF2034550 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, Red
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 15, 2012
I love this grinder. I bought it in red and it's a really pretty, vibrant, true red. I like the looks of it so much that I tend to 'forget' to put it back in the cabinet after use.

As for function, there's a lot to like there as well. I bought it for grinding spices and flax seed. I've used it almost daily for one or the other (mainly flax). Some reviewers complained that the stainless steel didn't go all the way to the top but there would be no point - the lid fits inside and rests on top of the stainless edge.

I personally wouldn't recommend this for grinding coffee. I use the Krups burr grinder for coffee beans (close to 10 years now) and it works great. However, this little blade grinder is perfect for quickly pulsing spices and seeds.

I think the cord is the perfect length, on par with that of my slow cooker, blender, and similar appliances. Any longer and it would just be a hassle wrapping it up for storing in the cupboard.

Update Feb 2013: I've also started using this to make powdered sugar out of xylitol. Wow. It does a wonderful job, resulting in a very fine powder. Be careful removing the lid afterwards and try to tap down some of the powder first or some will waft out and make a mess on the counter. I'm sure it would powder regular sugar equally as well. I don't use powdered sugar very often so it's nice to be able to make a small batch for the occasional pancake or crepe. Another use I've found is grinding oats into oat flour or rice into rice flour for those occasions when I need just a couple of T of a flour for one thing or another. Very handy.

Update March 2013: After grinding some cloves, the plastic lid became quite cloudy and embedded with the clove and its oil. It seems impossible to remove (even tried Barkeepers Friend on it, which usually gets out anything). The clouding inhibits viewing so it makes it difficult to tell when you've ground something well enough. Worse, the lid now smells strongly of cloves (despite the aforementioned cleaning attempts and soaking in white vinegar).

I still really like this grinder, but think it is only suited for dry (non-oily) spices and seeds only. Anything oily, such as cloves and (I assume) coffee beans are going to embed into the lid permanently - hampering viewing of contents and lending an odor to anything you subsequently grind.
on January 13, 2013
I've used this grinder mostly for spices. It grinds alright, but cleaning is a problem.
I just can wipe it with cloth but cleaning with water is a tough task since the grinder jar doesn't come off.
on April 6, 2014
If you have a coffee press then you need a grinder. Why buy cheap already ground coffee if you're going to use a nice press? This is a nice, efficient coffee press. It ground the beans fast and was easy to just take a small brush to clean out any left over residue. I wish I had spent a bit more and bought a better press ! I did find it took a bit of getting used to and to get the beans to the right consistency. I did have a few beans on the bottom that did not grind, but all and all for the price I think it's a good deal. My daughter is now enjoying it and I am back to the old fashioned coffee maker. What can I say? Sometimes we just get used to the taste of what we have always enjoyed and for myself, maybe I just don't need all the ooh-la-la. :)
on January 28, 2013
I searched all over the Internet for a coffee grinder to replace my Braun. Since I used the Braun for spices, its lid has been cloudy. That kept me from being able to see how much to grind coffee beans. I use this for coffee and the Braun for spices. When it dies, I'll buy another KrupsF2034550 to use for spices. This grinder lets you take the right lid off without all the frustrating, hoop-jumping steps I've read about in reviews for other grinders. Plugged in or not, lid on-lid off. I have not tried spices in this grinder but I'd guess that would scratch the lid as it did on my Braun. Still, I'd bet it does a great job. It grinds coffee beans, no problem. You have to judge when to stop, or you'll have powdered coffee. I got the red. It's bright, pretty color. Great price. I'd give it 6 stars if I could.
on February 5, 2013
First of all, let me say I did not buy this from Amazon!
I bought it from a small mom and pop shop for about 10 bucks - well, that was well over 20 years ago and used it almost every day!!!
The only reason i write this review (I usually do not write reviews) is 'cuz yesterday i had to replace the electrical cord (which, FINALLY, broke) and i was looking for another grinder. I would say i got my money's worth long, long time ago :) I expect, with the new cord, to last a few more years.
It's not a fancy grinder, just perfect for a drip coffee machine - one can not ask for anything better, it does a wonderful job.
Highly recommended!
on April 10, 2014
Nice grinder! I bought it to replace an older model Krups that died after many years. I use this strictly for grinding spices and flax seeds and I like this model better because it is slimmer, making storage easier. Definitely would not use it for grinding coffee….too small for that!
on October 31, 2013
I put off purchasing one of these for ages, thinking it wasn't necessary. Now that I have it I'm surprised at how often I find reason to use it. My mortar and pestle is now gathering dust (thank goodness, I was getting some scary forearm muscles). Freshly ground spices make such a difference and I've began using them more often thanks to this.
on February 5, 2014
We bought this grinder in conjunction with our espresso machine. I love this thing!!! I love the ability to be able to grind fresh coffee! It grinds the beans so fine with excellent texture. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that it is super loud. But honestly it is a great little gadget to have and worth the noise lol!
on July 2, 2014
This is best thing i got for making powder of certain roasted spices. Have been using for over 2 years now. I don't use it for coffee seed grinding though but i love it. I ground spices and roasted lentils. ITS AMAZING..!!!!
on November 2, 2013
Great looking design. Does the trick. Is it top of the line in precision? No. There are no setting for 'fine grind' or a heavier grind and you have to sort of eye it but unless you're constantly making different kinds of coffee for different people - if you just make one kind - either expresso or pour over - this is just fine.