Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 3, 2013 2:06:09 AM PDT
eric sweeney says:
I dont get why companies dont realize free to play is where its at right now. if its free to play and you add a item mall for people to buy things you make money. pretty sure square enix can afford to run ff14 servers with the cash they have.

Posted on May 13, 2013 3:21:01 PM PDT
they came out and said they don't think its a good model which for a ff game thats online makes sense ff 11 was monthly service and it was to have the servers to be maintaned and that you couldent just buy things to make the game easier this will never be f2p they look at it that if you don't want to pay monthly then simply don't buy the game.i like the idea though this kind of game can't be free to play all the servers they have and the millions of ppl that play it between ps3 and pc ff 11 has went on 10 years monthly service no point in fixing whats not broken.

Posted on May 14, 2013 9:28:51 PM PDT
hihihi says:
any idea how much per month?

Posted on May 15, 2013 10:56:26 AM PDT
Pierre says:
15 bucks for standard fee. 13 bucks for basic fee. 10 dollars for legacy members. Give it up eric, they already stated that they wont be doing a ftp model. You can find another free to play game and quit soon after elsewhere. I don't get why people like you don't understand that you end up paying more than a subscription model because they make you pay to have fun. Of course you'll be that person who wont use the micro transactions right? Meaning you're useless, go find another game to leech. You would rather the entire game suffer just so you can play for free, it's pathetic. Look at the star wars mmo's free version. They give you nothing, and give you the basic things at a much later level. Is that the type of business plan you support? Do you enjoy the fact that companies release a game, while dlc already on the disk? Or would you rather just pay a fee, and get everything. Video games are about making money, and having fun. It seems like you equate free as fun. Weird.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2013 12:20:14 AM PDT
hihihi says:
well in free to play if you pay 15 bucks a month on microtransactions, you're ahead of the everyone else. so you definitely feel like you're getting your money's worth. On the other hand, from experience, companies that run f2p games are so fking greedy and will release items for sale that pretty much forces you to reach into your wallet.

Posted on May 25, 2013 8:49:33 PM PDT
i think SE would rather close the servers than to go f2p with it i just can't stand that slow ass combat in this game so i won't be buying it just sorta of curcios how this launch is gonna go after what happen in 1.0

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 4:48:38 AM PDT
eric sweeney says:
ever play guild wars 2

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 7:52:59 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
Look. I think it's obvious that F2P can work for some games, and P2P can work for others. Saying P2P or F2P is the one and only method that works is ridiculous.

SE has explained exactly why they want to stick with P2P, it provides a more stable and more importantly consistent revenue stream. It is far easier for budgeting, planning, and development to have a pretty good idea what your monthly income is going to be. Something that can't be predicted well in a F2P cash shop.

In most cases, game developers have a publisher they must answer to, and that publisher has stockholders to answer to. They invest in the game, and they expect to be paid to get an ROI. Blizzard, and Square-Enix, have the advantage of being their own publisher. They don't have someone else to answer to when spending their own money.

If you like F2P and that's all you want to do, that's fine and fantastic, nothing at all wrong with that. But there is also nothing at all wrong with a game being P2P and people paying for it that enjoy that model. So I really don't understand why people go on crusades against one or the other that doesn't fit their own feelings. If you don't like the model chosen for a particular game, then just don't play it...

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 6:05:29 PM PDT
I wouldn't play it if it was F2P. You get what you pay for. I'd rather pay for a good game than get a bad game for free.

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 4:17:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 20, 2013 12:52:32 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 3, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Playstation 3
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Playstation 3 by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (199)