5.0 out of 5 stars Works and keeps good time
Published 12 months ago by AtlantaNative

1.0 out of 5 stars did not fit
I purchased this because it was purported to fit a 6 mm thick clock face. The clock face I have is exactly 6 mm and the spindle is not long enough to fit through the clock face.
Published 13 months ago by Susan Urbanski

5.0 out of 5 stars Works and keeps good time, February 15, 2014
This review is from: FACILLA® Quartz Clock Movement Mechanism DIY Repair Parts Kit (Kitchen)
For Pete's (whoever Pete is) sake don't throw away clocks you like. These little gizmos are easy to swap out. Just pull off the clock hands one at a time (it might take a bit of elbow grease), and voila! it all just comes apart for you. In my case I wanted to keep my original hands as this unit had hands that were an inch or two longer than I needed. My old hands slipped right onto the posts for this clock. Works like a charm. It looked like there were three things to ensure when purchasing this thing:
1) that the post for the hands was round (in my case) vs the oblong shapes I've seen on other clocks.
2) that the post length wasn't too long to fit under the crystal of my clock (it was slightly, so I put the crystal back on but didn't snap it completely back in place, thus giving the post and hands a bit of headroom).
3) that the unit allowed for hour/minute AND second hands vs just an hour/minute. In my case I wanted the second hand movement too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, inexpensive solution, March 3, 2014
We had a clock whose mechanism stopped working, and before I bought a whole new clock, I figured I'd give this a try. It arrived fairly quickly without instructions. The hands were a little bent, but not too bad. Since I was the one who dismantled the old clock, I had a decent Idea of how this should work, but here are a few tips that I figured out along the way:

The black washer goes behind the face between the motor and the face. The metal washer goes on top of the face. The spindle has two parts with two diameters. The hour hand (I believe) has a larger hole in it, so that gets pushed down around the wider part of the spindle. The minute hand has a smaller hole, so that gets pushed down around the narrower part. Then the second hand is pushed into the tip of the spindle. Voila. You should be good to go.

One thing to know ahead of time is the ticking is pretty loud. It's easily audible from twenty feet away.

1.0 out of 5 stars did not fit, February 7, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, May 17, 2013
I have ordered from this company before, they ship out right away, pack things nicely and the quality is wonderful. I have been re-building some Mid Century Modern Clocks and their parts are a Perfect match and they last. I would for sure order from this company again and I have ordered from them again and again. You will be happy with your purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars did not work, February 5, 2014
Miss Kitty (MASSACHUSETTS) - See all my reviews
This does not work at all. I'm not going to bother to return it as it was only about $4 or so. But it should at least work for a little while I would think. It is a piece of junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, February 15, 2014
MJM (Bellingham, WA) - See all my reviews
Installed this mechanism in a clock which had a similar mechanism that lasted over 15 years. This one works only 15 minutes than stops. Tap the clock and it starts again then stops a short time later. The cost of the movement was too cheap to send back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have you got the time, September 24, 2013
You will with this kit.

I like this clock mechanism because the second hand is the smooth constant rotation and not the type that jumps for ever second. You can't hear this on tick.

After 24+ hours, the time is dead on. It did not seem to lose or gain any time. Of course it could change after a longer period. Only time will tell. If I notice the time being off after a week or a month, I will update the review.

There is a hanger (as seen in the image) on the top. That did not fit in my clock body so I snipped it off easily.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, June 1, 2014
Jason Mark (Northampton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
We've had it for about a week. The hands are REALLY flimsy and keep getting caught on each other. I *think* I've untangled them, but it still doesn't keep accurate time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Packacged & Stem Not Long Enough, May 31, 2014
For those of you that have purchased these before, you know you get what you pay for. Unfortunately, the way mine came packaged resulted in damage as I tried to remove the hands. The seller had placed all of the small components on cardboard then put packaging tape over them. As I peeled the packaging tape to get to the components, it caused the hands to bend. I was able to bend them back but they're not quite the same as they're very thin metal. Assuming this item was packaged better, it may have been fine.

Also to note, the unit I was replacing with this one has a slightly longer stem and unfortunately, this one was too short.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, February 9, 2014
I love the look of it....it was perfect for my lock,but......it didn't work! It was very inexpensive, so I haven't returned it.