"I certainly recommend this book to all power system planning engineers and students who wish to follow careers in this area." (IEEE Canadian Review
, Summer 2005)
From the Back Cover
Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) controllers are revolutionising power transmission networks resulting in increased efficiency and stability. Covering the most popular FACTS models and their interaction with the power network, the book highlights the growing importance of this technology.
- Provides a thorough grounding in the mathematical representation of FACTS controllers and power plant components.
- Explains power plant component parameters calculations in both phase and sequence frames of reference.
- Details conventional and three-phase power flows of FACTS-upgraded power systems.
- Covers optimal power flows and advanced optimization techniques.
- Includes a methodology on power tracing and application areas.
- Enables the reader to gain first-hand experience thanks to provided test cases and software written in Matlab® code in most chapters.
Offering a comprehensive understanding of FACTS controllers with the power network, this book is an asset to electrical and electronic engineers involved in the planning, design and operation of power systems. Researchers and postgraduate students in the field will also benefit from this valuable reference.