5 out of 5 stars
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$43.44 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on May 17, 2011
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
Paolo is seemingly unknown in the United States, which I think is a shame. This book, and this photographer are fantastic. The book design is foreboding and fits the feel of the imagery. I love illustrated books with no cover art because it forces you to open the book before you have your first opinion of what you are going to see. The printing is superb, and this photographer is shooting imagery that is mostly about the dark tones, so subtle shifts in tone are still visible, something that only a master printer can accomplish. I also love the fact that the work feels intensely personal, with little or no feel of a commercial project. So many of the books I see seem to be of the "latest" look and feel, but Far Cry feels like a personal journey spilled out for us to follow. The true essence of what of a small camera, Leica I believe, can do given time in the field and a desire to storytell.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations