Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Amazon Elements Sensitive Baby Wipes, Exclusive to Prime Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Deal of the Day
FAT32 Hard Drives I need an external hard drive that is formated in FAT32 format. Any ideas on how to tell what the format is for an external hard drive, or recommendations for a FAT32 external HD?
asked by Kumahito on November 29, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I don't think you should try to reformat the Falcon...she may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.
irblue answered on February 22, 2013
Comment (1) | 103 of 105 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
True, in some circumstances, reformatting the hard drive could fix the hyperdrive. But if you don't know what format it's in, you'll need an astromech droid.
Avi Greengart answered on April 17, 2014
Comment | 27 of 29 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't know! Format casual.
R. McEwan answered on January 1, 2015
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Uhh... why is this on the Lego Millennium Falcon forum?
But anyway, older portable drives will usually come formatted for FAT32. Newer drives will almost always be NTFS.

It is possible to reformat all hard drives. First, check with the manufacturer and often they have utilities to do this (sometimes these utilities are installed on the hard drive when you get it.l)
Otherwise you will have to search the net. Note that the Windows format utility will not format large portable drives to FAT32 so you need to get a separate program to do this.

Now.. back to the Millennium Falcon...
P. M. Bego answered on October 7, 2012
Comment | 6 of 27 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wouldn't be suprised if some external hard drives use the NTFS system instead of the FAT32. It's easy to reformat it though.
Kenneth Curley answered on April 19, 2012
Comment | 2 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm pretty sure most external hard drives come formatted in FAT32. If the drive you buy is not, you can easily reformat it yourself. http://www.ehow.com/how_4924445_format-hard-drive-fat.html
E. Turyna answered on January 10, 2012
Comment | 1 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product