2,704 Reviews
 (1,159)

5.0 out of 5 stars From Hero to Zero and Back to Hero
I received the device last week and on day one, I loved it. It exceeded my expectations. Typing on it was a little better than what I do on my Blackberry Storm and the scrolling (while not perfect) was quite good. The back light was a terrific addition as I bought this to use in my theater room where often it is difficult to see much (other than the screen) which is...
Published on June 7, 2010 by Orangeman

1.0 out of 5 stars Was great, for the 2 days it worked!
Be warned that this product HAS KNOWN issues with connectivity! I started experiencing issues with connectivity on the 2 time I went to use the device, the device would simply refuse to connect (not a distance issue as I was literally 2 feet away from my PC), the RF communication indicator light would flash yellow instead of green. I did some research and found that...
Published on January 8, 2011 by Griddelman

3.0 out of 5 stars Works good, but short connection range, September 21, 2010
This review is from: FAVI FE01-BL Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad (Black) (Personal Computers)
This keyboard works good, but the usable range is only about eight to ten feet before it loses connection. All other keyboards I have work up to fifteen to twenty feet from computer. Something to think about if using for HTPC.

3.0 out of 5 stars xbmc and rii remote in theater room, March 21, 2011
So regardless of the reviews I took a chance on this as it seemed to be so close to what I was looking for to be worth taking a $40 chance. I do still use it but I've got to say if given another chance I would probably look for another solution. First, you do not need all of this functionality if you are using it for xbmc. Something more similar to the apple rf controller would be perfect - either that or the boxee remote.

Pros - it is very high end feel to it and the battery life is really good - one week on idle mode without needing to recharge and still going. Also, it's a full keyboard and mouse set up, which is good if you have an xbmc set up with windows apple or linux and plan to go back and forth in and out of xbmc to use it for other computer purposes (like browsing the internet). It also works flawlessly when connected. Very fast response time using a 30 ft. USB cord and being 10 feet away from the dongle - for normal applications and for xmbc it is indistinguishable from the regular keyboard and mouse. It also connects as a regular keyboard and mouse so xbmc will pick it up automatically without any additional installs.

Cons - don't listen to anyone about this being an RF remote or even possibly go through walls. It will not even go out of line of site. 30 meters is also not true. Not even 30 feet. I would say if your application requires you to be more than 10 feet from the RF dongle, this isn't for you. I have a theater set up in a separate room from the xbmc computer, so I HAD to get a usb extension cord and run it through the wall. Even then, you can't put it under a theater chair or hide it behind the subwoofer or something. It MUST be in line of site. If you have a way of getting a usb extension near where your projector is, that would likely be the best set up, but for me that isn't an option and the cord is truly a major haze.

The second big haze is that the mouse buttons and layout is horrible. I can't imagine someone making this tried it as you need alien tentacles to manipulate the left / right mouse click, enter, and -/+ buttons. Would have been better to put them on either end of the keyboard as they are a bit too close together without clicking more than one button at one time which makes it difficult to get around xbmc. Again another benefit of the apple remote or the boxee remote.

The other, and I think biggest haze is that the USB connection will get lost every time you start the computer. You have to pull the dongle and then reinsert it for it to pick it up. I've tried this so far in a windows xbmc and in xbmc live (linux application) and the same thing happens, so I have to presume it is something specifically wrong with the unit itself. I haven't been able to find a fix for this, and their support is non existant, so unless there's something out there I'm not aware of, you will need to pull and reinsert the USB each time you start up xbmc.

For me, the 2 cons outweigh the benefits, but that's my two cents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little device, October 6, 2010
This product is awesome! I ordered one to use in our living room with my MythTV PVR running Ubuntu 10.04. It was truly plug&play and is a joy to use when you need a keyboard. It is tiny. In fact, it is smaller than our universal remote control. You won't type long novels with it, but if you can text on a smartphone, you can use this easily. The trackpad and laser pointer are bonus features that are nice to have as well. I highly recommend!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Concept, Bad Battery, March 3, 2011
This is exactly the kind of product I had been looking for.
Unfortunately, the unit I was shipped failed in one day. The failure mode is a bad rechargeable battery and it is not user replaceable.

Too bad. Now I will wait for something similar from a vendor who provides either a better battery or, preferably, a rechargeable battery that is replaceable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Moto Atrix Fryo 2.2 out of the box., April 24, 2011
No need for the Android driver on the CD (good thing because the phone wouldn't let me side-load it), Just pair and go. I did need to enter 0000 pair key (into both the keyboard (0000+ENTER) and the phone). After that I was able to use it with Quick Office to make a Word doc. I haven't had a chance to check range yet, will do that tomorrow and add a comment to the post updating the info. Also the F9-F12 can be entered by a combo of keys according to another review (I don't remember which ones thou)

Edit: Ok, a little testing and my range so far is 9 feet with clear line of sight. After my replacement Multimedia Dock for my Moto Atrix arrives I will do a more comprehensive (and greater distance) test. Also to use F9-F12 you press Fn+1,2,3,4.
And the Back light is Fn+F1 and after it times out press any key and it turn back on.

Edit: Ok, 10+ feet and no problem. Got a HD Dock that works and sat on my couch and surfed the net using Firefox on my phone/computer. Sweet! It's just like the Atrix commercial ""Is it a phone or a computer?". Oh BTW no problem using the keyboard and track pad, paired as soon as I turned it on. Remember, always turn the computer on first, then the keyboard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk (hit and miss?) SEE PHOTO UPLOADED, June 28, 2011
Tony (SACRAMENTO, CA) - See all my reviews
EDIT: View the product photo I uploaded and compare the differences yourself to what is being advertised.

It seems like there may be variation if which product you actually receive. The one I got doesn't say "ProMini" anywhere on the device or packaging. It came in a plain white box and the pathetic attempt at an "instruction manual" calls it a "Q Pointer". The manufacturer calls themselves "Quro"; if you feel like wasting a few minutes of your life, try to find a website with any sort of support or product info.

Furthermore, the USB dongle doesn't look the same. It's less than half the size of the one in the product photos, serving as proof that I and others are not getting what is being advertised here. The dongle looks like the one from the bluetooth model, even though it says this is an RF model in the book and on the unit itself.

Nothing I said above would matter to me if the unit actually worked. I've tried it on both Windows 7 and XP machines, both times Windows had no idea what the hell it was and couldn't find drivers for it. No disc is included and no website to download drivers, either. I feel like I bought a really expensive keyboard-shaped laser pointer (the only feature that works on it).

Amazon is taking my return without any hassle, which is great, but hopefully they correct this issue soon as to not waste anyone else's time. I'll be ordering this unit as an alternative: CE Compass Mini Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad Mouse PC Remote Control

1.0 out of 5 stars Fair inside 3', doesn't work over 6'., December 19, 2010
Work fairly well when I was setting up my htpc system (1'-3'away from FRONT mounted RF/USB dongle). Would occasionally not respond or respond slowly. No real scroll function (page-up & page-down button would only work intermitantly). When I setup my system in the livingroom, it wouldn't work at all from the couch (10'-11' away). Working range ended up being about 4'-6' max. Batteries were fully charged and the dongle was on the front of the unit with a completely unobstructed view. Customer service and website were virtually useless. Returned it thanks to Amazon's awesome return policy. Still looking for a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Been using it for a while now, February 22, 2011
I've been using this for a while now... and it's awesome. It's replacing my keyboard and mouse for my HEPC in my livingroom. It's small, plug and play (Vista), and RF so I can keep my cabinet doors shut and not have a reciever peeking up under my TV. It's also just cool to have on my coffee table like a remote. The battery seems to last forever, and when it starts to get low I plug it in overnight. Plus it has the laser pointer on it to give the cats a little excersise. I couldn't be more pleased... even if I spent double what I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great with a Mac Mini, June 22, 2011
If you use your Mac Mini to watch media on your big-screen TV, this is a wonderful little gadget to have. It requires no setup apart from establishing the bluetooth link -- you can ignore both the instruction booklet and the driver CD, and just start using it, immediately and intuitively. After all -- isn't that why you use a Mac?

5.0 out of 5 stars mini wireless keyboard / mouse, April 29, 2011
Lazy mans keyboard and mouse. Perfect, no issues hooking it up, holds a charge for quite a long time, wouldn't recommend playing a game with it, but for everything else, its perfect. Blends with regular remote controls, doesn't interfere with other wireless mouse/keyboards. I don't use the laser pointer, but it works too. Also, the mouse interface that plugs into the usb is on the side of the remote, so its hidden for easy travel or storage so u don't lose it

FAVI FE01-BL Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad (Black)
$65.73 $19.99