Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FDR's Fireside Chats
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 8, 2014
This is a great book for FDR fans, or for anyone interested in American history. If only a few people on Capital Hill would read this book, our country would be in much better shape. So much of what FDR said in this collection resonates with the tone of our country today...it's so interesting how the early 21st century parallels that of the early half of the 20th century. I could read this over and over again.
on October 24, 2015
The Fireside Chats are inspirational to read: knowing what we know now we can see these as honorable though at times strategically incomplete narrations of the war effort. How different is our experience of being at war now! No sacrifices required of ordinary citizens, and today no clear identification of our allies or of what would be success. FDR may have over estimated the long term value of our ally Stalin, but he was clear sighted about Stalin's importance to us during WW II.
on July 22, 2014
FDR had an amazing command of words. Very good interpretations of some complex problems, aimed at the people. I use this in my economics classes now. Students need insight, and FDR does it impeccably. FDR and Keynes were at odds personally, but in sync functionally.
on July 14, 2015
I ws given the opportunity to firsthand read these speeches. I especially like that I was able to cull the flavor of our country through the eyes of one of our greater if not greatest Presidents
on November 29, 2014
Very inspirational. Very articulate. Where are the politicians like FDR today??
on February 23, 2016
I wish we had someone with FDR'S leadership today
on August 17, 2015
Have radio programs of this.
on February 23, 2015
Interesting!
on March 9, 2007
I bought this book to fill out other books I have on FDR. When I read this book I was totally disappointed as there was not as many "chats" as I expected and none held prior to large events in that time frame, such as prior to Pearl Harbor. I would rather have a refund for this is the first time I didn't get something of value out of a book I bought at Amazon.

Reader
on November 11, 2009
This was a gift with expedited delivery. They promised to e-mail me when they shipped but I didn't get that e-mail so I wasn't able to track that the gift was received.