5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Rocket!
Published 11 months ago by DizPAC/Chel

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost like Dollar General Merchandise
I've heard so much about these expensive lights I wanted to get one and see. $25.00 seemed reasonable although you can buy Chinese Cree Mini lights on line for just over $3.00 with shipping included but you have to wait for about 4 to 6 weeks for them to arrive. At any rate, although this has the look and feel of something you pick up at the dollar store it did come...
Published 7 months ago by Michael Darragh

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Rocket!, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
This thing is insane bright and very well built. I put it up against a MagLite mini w/LED upgrade. The low setting on the Fenix was brighter and better overall spread. I put it up against another tactical light (I got it at Costco), totally destroyed the light on the high setting. I even got cocky and put it up against my MagLite 3D w/LED upgrade. On high setting, the Fenix was just as bright as the Mag 3D. The Mag did have a better throw and much tighter beam, but that's probably because of the reflector lens being like 10x the size of the Fenix.
The Fenix is a GREAT EDC (Every Day Carry) torch that will give you a LOT of illumination. It lit up the room on low and really lit it up on high. Best part - it only takes a AA battery. Not some goofy special battery. AA. Off the shelf. My only gripe is that I wish the button was better protected by the metal at the back, and I wish there was a lip on the front to protect the lens, but whatever. Now I know why law enforcement carry these as their EDC or backup. SureFires are amazing, yes, but those take specialized batteries and are way more expensive.
Back to the Fenix. The thing is bright. Downside is that it won't last terribly long. Upside is that it takes normal AA batteries. Downside is that it could use a little more protection for the lens and button. Upside is that they give you a spare button (they know that the rubber will give way sooner than the rest of it, so they put it in so you can keep this thing forever). Downside is that the packaging is pretty harsh to get through (I would suggest an Exacto-Knife and VERY careful fingers). Upside is that this thing is small and light. Downside is that it can't stand up on its' end. Upside it's cheaper than some other flashlights. Up/Downside is it only has on/off switch and if you depress the button slightly it'll light up without staying on. The beam brightness is a tiiiiinny twist of the bezel. VERY user friendly. Highly recommend for flashlight geeks or people who just want a great light for EDC or to throw in the car to see what's wrong with things. Do not recommend if you want to kill someone with it, though it'll blind the heck out of someone. Speaking of which - WARNING! DO NOT LOOK ANYWHERE NEAR THE BULB WHEN ON. You'll see that light when you close your eyes for at least an hour or two.

Yeah. Stop reading. Buy it. Now.

UPDATE:
It's been 7+ months now since I've had it and it's STILL on the same AA battery, so when I mentioned before that it won't last terribly wrong, that's in comparison to a Mag-Lite 3D. I haven't changed the batteries on that since 2009 and it's still going strong. The Fenix is still wicked bright. Gonna try to get the e12 (the new Fenix model of it) when I can.

Why are you still reading reviews? BUY IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars great flashlight, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
The one pictured (round) is not the newest one.

In the new one, the sides are cut out.

The logo has been moved to the side instead of near the head.

As of April 2013 it looks like this:
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Light, November 2, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
This light is everything I hoped it would be: small size, dependable, and tough. This light replaced another single-AA battery light I had been using as my EDC. This one is thinner, lighter, a little shorter; and will fit into the coin pocket of most jeans.

I seldom use the "high" beam, as the low beam is bright enough for anything close by for which I might use it. The high beam will light up objects some 20-30 feet away well. It's not a flame thrower and it's not as small as a Photon light, but batteries are readily available (and cheap) and it's small enough to carry easily.

If you want to consolidate your lights to only those that use AA batteries in order to minimize the types of batteries you need to stock, I can't imagine a better one that this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, feels great, works great., September 25, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
This flashlight is great, and compact. It puts out a ton of light and it's just under 9 cm long. It fits perfectly in my hands and it feels super sturdy. For a flashlight that only takes one battery this thing kicks butt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced the older E11, August 29, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
I had the older version of the E11 for a couple years until I sadly lost it as it slipped out of my pocket. It was my fault since I put it that small jeans pocket on the right front side. Anyway, bought the newer version as a replacement and am still pleased with it.

This updated version is 10 lumen brighter and still running off a single AA battery. I believe it is slightly thicker than the older version at the tailcap but also has more grip since it has a different etch pattern. The tail momentary push button on off switch is very useful as is tactical if you ever need it. It is also very difficult to find in the smaller size flashlights.

This may be a con for some people but there is no belt clip (not even optional). I would probably use the feature if it had it. It does come with a lanyard if that even matters.

Fenix makes a wide variety of great and affordable flashlights. The E11 in particular is very convenient and always there when you need it, perfect for EDC. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a small, well made, and durable flashlight to keep on you wherever you go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flashlight with one small caveat, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
This small flashlight is very bright and has reasonable battery life on high and great battery life on the lower setting. The newer version of this light(the one that I received) gets VERY warm if it's used on high mode for around 10 minutes or more. It isn't to the point of burning you but it gets warm enough that you could use it for a hand warmer in cooler weather. Please note that this is ONLY on the high setting and the lower setting isn't affected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give me LUMENS!, November 26, 2013
Andre (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
So far so good with this light.
Things I love:
- Like the twist (instead of button) for high beam
- Good spill around center beam
- Center beam not to bright compared to spill
- Great size for EDC
- Decent throw (great for it's size)
- Strong lanyard with good length for strapping
- Bang for your bucks

Not for me:
- Knurling could be more grippy
- Button can lead to accidental on (just leave slightly untwisted for always off)
- No tailstanding

5.0 out of 5 stars small, lightweight, bright, September 11, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
I wanted a small bright light to carry in my pocket. This one does the trick. the dual brightness is a plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots Of Light from a Tiny Flashlight, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
I particularly like the light weight and incredible amount of light that this flashlight puts out. It's the second one I bought since after a year the first was holding up so well, that I decided to buy one more to keep in my luggage. The first is on my key chain and has survived lots of drops and abuse, all without a problem. The bulb seems to last forever, but time will tell. I am very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity is perfection, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black (Sports)
Needed a flashlight with a low setting (and low flashback) for standard use, and a high setting (and throw) for use at distance use. This product fits the bill exactly. I think that it is the best product of it’s type (single cell AA flashlight) on the market. Now if they only made a AAA version.

Fenix E11 Flashlight, Black