Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 101 questions
votes
Yes, it can record when there is motion. The preferable way to do this is through third party software. Blue Iris for PCs and Evocam for Macs are video security programs designed to do this and more. They provide a better interface to your camera(s) than using the onboard software and a web browser. They will write the video where ever you wish including dropbox.
Dec 3, 2013 by DP
votes
sound Nov 18, 2013
yes
Nov 18, 2013 by James Howe
vote
Yes they were simple, if you are somewhat literate with a wireless network. You do need to know your network settings, and password. Actually the software will automatically detect the wireless settings, but you do need to know encryption key for network. I have a PC, but I do recall the instructions were also for a Mac. It took me almost two hours to hook up a Panasonic one I got at best buy, and it didn't work in dark. This one only took me about 15 minutes to install and you can see in total darkness. Just really have to follow instructions and have some knowledge of a wireless network setup. So far it's been a great camera that we can use with our iPhones and iPads. I love it!
Mar 14, 2013 by smo
vote
Technically speaking, it is not an outdoor camera. However, it can be placed outside if you mount it where it will not be exposed to direct or wind driven rain. Three of my six FI8918W cameras have been mounted outside for three years and they continue to function flawlessly. They have been exposed to extremes of temperature from below zero to nearly 100°F as well as the high humidity of fog. They're doing just fine. Mount your camera on a covered porch, carport, or under a protected eave and it will be OK. Also, try mounting it upside down with a six inch diameter piece of rubber sheeting (available at Home Depot in the plumbing section) sandwiched between the base of the camera and the mount. The rubber will act as a drip shield.
Apr 6, 2014 by DP
vote
This is NOT battery powered. It has a power supply that provides 5 VDC to the camera. With a third party video security program such as Blue Iris or Evocam, you can schedule recording until the disk on your computer or network storage device is full. Three days is nothing!
Mar 3, 2014 by DP
vote
Yes
Mar 14, 2014 by Amazon Customer
vote
about 5 feet but they do sell a 10 foot extension that can be used on the foscam.us website.
Jan 12, 2013 by Brandon B.
vote
Yes it will. It sends and receives information in a similar fashion to a wireless laptop. If you have a weak signal, or you camera is outside you may want to add the larger antenna. If your wireless signal must pass through the roof, you may have problems, but just being under a metal roof should not affect it. Foscam website has searchable FAQ that may also be helpful.
Dec 26, 2013 by K. Dobson
vote
No, it doesn't. You want the FI8910E. The "E" signifies power over ethernet. Also, the Fi8910 series is newer than the Fi8918 and has superior color rendition.
Mar 23, 2014 by DP
vote
Yes. Any device that has a web browser.
Jan 28, 2014 by Austinkid
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers