Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.98 shipping
FIFA Soccer 09 - Xbox 360
|Price:||$27.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 250 additions and enhancements to core gameplay
- Live Season - Dynamic update of player information in-game that mirrors real-life performances. Leagues included - English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, French Ligue 1 Orange, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and Mexican Primera Division.Be A Pro - 10 vs 10 Online Team Play
- Custom Team Tactics Become a first-team coach with the power to tune and balance 11 tactical sliders for 140 attacking and 40 defending options (more than 50,000 combinations). Save your tactics to make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent's weaknesses during the game. Plus, share your strategies with friends online
- Be A Pro - Seasons Pick or create a professional player and test your football ability over a four season campaign
- Improved Goalkeeper Intelligence - Goalkeepers position themselves more intelligently, react to shots more realistically and recover from saves faster
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Powered by the third generation of the EA Sports' soccer engine, FIFA 09 features more than 250 core gameplay additions and enhancements that deliver the most responsive, intelligent and realistic action ever for the series. Enjoy turning defenders with more controlled dribbling and ball control, snapping off precision shots with improved first-time shooting mechanics and firing beautifully timed passes with greater accuracy, placing the ball exactly where you want it. With new player momentum physics the speed and weight of the player determines everything from the distance of a slide tackle and the power of a header to the severity of player collisions and the height of a player's jump. Plus, players now behave according to their physical attributes with larger, stronger players dominating collisions, battles for control of the ball, and position in challenges for two player headers. Custom Team Tactics
FIFA Soccer 09 features new Custom Team Tactics that gives you all the tools to become a first-team coach. For the first time, go inside the game engine to customize the positioning and support play of your teammates and decide exactly how your team will play in any situation. Now you are the player, coach and manager. You have the power to adjust and customize tactical settings so CPU players and your team perform just like the real-world team plays or how you think it should play. Save your tactics and then make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent's weaknesses, all on-the-fly. Key Game Features:
- Polished, Refined Gameplay - Featuring 250 additions and enhancements to core gameplay, including new animation technology that creates more responsive first-time shooting and passing, faster and more controlled dribbling, and improved trapping, and new player momentum physics that delivers realistic player collisions, authentic jostling for the ball, and more variation in tackling.
- Custom Team Tactics - Become a first-team coach with the power to tune and balance 11 tactical sliders for 140 attacking and 40 defending options (more than 50,000 combinations) so CPU players and your team perform just like the real-world team or how you think the real team should play. Save your tactics to make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent’s weaknesses during the game. Plus, share your strategies with friends online*.
- Be A Pro: Seasons - Pick or create a professional player and test your soccer ability over a four season campaign. Master a single position and develop your skills -- passing, shooting, positioning, marking -- to ultimately become a national legend.
- Be A Pro: 10 Vs 10 Online Team Play - Create your own team of up to 10 friends all playing fixed outfield positions to challenge rival teams of up to 10 players. Instead of thinking as an individual player now you have to think and play as a team.
- Improved Goalkeeper Intelligence - Goalkeepers position themselves more intelligently, react to shots more realistically and recover from saves faster.
- Customized Controllers - Create your own bespoke controller configuration, save it and even take it online effortlessly. Assign actions to the buttons exactly how you like them for complete control.
- Multiplayer Options - Local multiplayer support 1-4 players; Local co-op 2-4; Xbox LIVE multiplayer support 2-20 players; Xbox LIVE co-op 2-4 players.
Live the fantasy of a professional soccer player through the popular feature innovation - 'Be A Pro' - now expanded to include a career mode. 'In Be A Pro: Seasons' you pick or create a professional player and then develop his skills at a single outfield position over a period of time. Your ultimate is to become an international legend, but will you do it with your home club or take your game on to the road? The choice is yours in FIFA Soccer 09. Lifelike Player Reactions
Soccer matches are filled with a myriad of sounds, gestures and emotions. Until now this firsthand experience has been missing from video game simulations, but FIFA Soccer 09 brings the richness of the world's game to life with its lifelike player reaction system. Through this, players on your squad react to the events on the pitch, both through gestures and in their native tongues. These can be emotional responses like complaints about a call, or about the way the game is unfolding, but they can also be directional, such as indicating that a player is offsides, calling for a ball/directing where it should be passsed and waving off a defensive assignment. Not only does this smart cooperative AI help you in the field, but it also injects soul into a game loved by millions around the world and one it is you task to conquer in FIFA 09. * Broadband connection required for online play via Xbox LIVE.
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
The controls are pretty straightforward and easy to learn. Soccer strategy was a complete mystery to me before I started playing, but after a few games I was competitive and now can consistently score a few goals a game on the hardest difficulty.
The graphics are pretty good, considering the massive environment that is a soccer field. Close-up reaction shots and celebrations are pretty realistic.
The game certainly has no shortage of teams, that's for sure. There are well over a hundred different teams from dozens of leagues from around the world with complete, accurate rosters.
I wish that there were more stadiums, however. You find yourself playing the same generic few again and again, though they do try to change it up by having different weather conditions and times of day available. I realize that they couldn't have had all of the hundreds of distinct stadiums, but a few more would have been nice.
I can't compare it to any other soccer games, since I've never played any, but if you're looking for an enjoyable, detailed, fun game, FIFA 2009 is a good choice.
WHAT A GAME!
1. The Graphics are beyond real. No glitches, no skips!
2. The game has everything that PES has. This includes being able to run around freely, pass however u like and shoot the ball precisely to a direction that u desire.
3. Its hard to score when u are face to face with the goalkeeper, whereas in PES the goalie just stands there and looks at u when u are trying to score a goal against him.
4.Many online and cup options
5. So many different leagues and real player names as well as a great commentary!
6.The buttons are the same as PES!! Makes it easier to get adjusted to the game
I can honestly say that Fifa is PES plus a lot more. For the first time in 10 years I am selling my PES before my Fifa.. There is no reason for any PES fan to not like this game. The buttons are the same, the graphics better, squad names are newer( Berbatov is in MANU), price is the same as PES, you can update player names and skills. EVERYTHING is much better.
I would highly recommend this game to any soccer fan. It is worth the money.
This game has a high replay value. I personally love it and it is one of the only games I play.
Great for any soccer fan, or just someone who like video games.
Players love being offsides more than they like running in this game. Your players are offsides on goal kicks half the time for crying out loud. That said, after playing this game for a while you get used to the runs that your teammates make and can more easily prevent being offsides, but it is still an issue.
Defending is a joke. To defend, just stand in the way of the oncoming player. This sounds simple enough, although it is really hit or miss. If there was a dedicated tackle button (other than slide-tackle which you can do at any time), that would be nice.
Free kicks are near impossible. Despite practicing a lot, I have only scored once off of numerous free kicks.
When shooting, it is easier to kick the ball over the net than it is to pass first grade math. Why make the power meter go so high if the ball flies over the net even when you're barely above half power?
Clearing the ball sucks. There is a dedicated "clear the ball" button, but somehow players lost all their strength kicking the ball miles over the net and can only clear it 15 yards. You're better off using the "cross" button to try and clear the ball.
While it may seem like there are lots of negative things about this game, I will say that there are far more positives and the game is definitely worth buying if you want a cheap soccer game to play. With Fifa 11 coming out soon, the price of Fifa 10 should drop enough so that it becomes a better purchasing choice than Fifa 09.