Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: Video GameChange

on January 4, 2013
Before buying this for my brother-in-law I read most of the other reviews and most of them were *very* negative, and I understand why. It's basically the same game with a roster update, which is why I'm "only" giving it 4 stars.

However, my brother-in-law is from Italy and he's a *huge* soccer fan. Really, it's the same game as last year, with a roster update, but he really cares about the roster update so it is a better game to him.

I completely understand why he may be the only person on the planet that would give this a good review, but he's played it almost every night since Christmas so it was actually a really good Christmas gift.

However, for anyone that isn't my brother-in-law, it's the same game as Fifa 12 with a roster update so unless the roster update really matters to you, skip buying this.
on December 28, 2012
I was very dissapointed with this game. there is nothing updated about it besides the fact that it has new music and updated rosters. you would think that the very least they could do is add on new indoor and outdoor stadiums. all the nonsense they said about players being able to analyze runs and passes to take them out of pressure isn't true at all. How could a video game character analyze anything?
Nothing new or improved in this game. At all.
on October 10, 2012
This is a total rip off. Basically fifa 12 with updated uniforms and roosters.They didn't even bother to bring back the online gaming option. If you do not care to create a fifa for wii at the same level as other consoles then just don't. Why cheat us out of $50.
on February 14, 2013
First off, I'm not a football fan to begin with, but I do enjoy playing it to pass the time every now and again. I'm here to give an unbiased review of the game, & I can, cuz I'm not a die hard fan of the series, but I like the game, So here it goes. Lets start with gameplay. The last Fifa game I owned was 07 for the GameCube. I loved that game to death. Now if you've owned this game(13) on other consoles like the PS3 etc you'll realized it's plagued with glitches & faults all over. Most people don't even like the new gameplay mechanics from what I've seen both personally & online. Well the Wii version doesn't have those. EA hates us Wii owners so much they haven't cared to do much with the game so the gameplay feels like the old 07, which is good in the sense that 07 had superb gameplay for its time, but bad in a sense cuz well, that type of gameplay's outdated. Manager Mode is mainly what I use to play and it's better this time around for sure with tons more to do, but the game is more challenging.

Graphics are good/bad. Good because the GUI & on-field graphics have no doubt been improved greatly, but bad because the close up graphics like when you see characters after a goal suck bad. Still looks like 07. The controls are great with the classic controller pro & feel really good. I don't advise playing with the wiiremote though. The camera angle is still the same as 07, zoomed out-aerial view. Probably best to leave it that way if you want the fresh crisp look. Zoom in and you'll realize you're actually staring at crappy graphics lol. Online is nowhere to be found. Unacceptable that EA didn't include it since even other football games for the Wii such as Inazuma Eleven 2013 Strikers (which is VERY good btw) feature online matches worldwide.

Long story short if you're like me & don't follow up on these games every year like clockwork, this game is ok, unless you picked up 12 of course, as this is the exact same game. If you DO waste your money however on these poor cash-ins annually, you'll want to stay far from this one, especially the Wii version.
on December 27, 2012
I like the way to play the FIFA soccer games. The tournaments are really exciting to play. I could not recognize too many differences from the 2012 one but it is ok.
on January 22, 2013
I see people give this game a lot of 1 star reviews, mostly because its similar to Fifa 12, not because it is what it deserves. This is a great and very entertaining game, especially when played with friends. It is a lot like Fifa 12 but so was Fifa 12 to Fifa 11... The game got new soundtrack, Ultimate team is a blast, and the new dribbling system is simply amazing. I got Fifa 13. A friend of mine that is coming from Fifa 12 couldn't believe how easy it was for me to outmaneuver him. So for all those saying its exactly the same game, you're simply ignorant (to some point).
on June 5, 2013
Although, as many reviewers have pointed out, the game is basically the same with updated rosters, the additional options, e.g., on-the-fly tragedy selection, ability to be the playing manager of a team after completion of street-to-stadium, etc. are fun. Nothing beats the real game, either playing or watching, but this is fun for leisure time.
on September 27, 2013
I bought this game because I didn't have fifa 12. I was having fun until the game freezes at Intercity challenge final round. I googled this problem and looked like many people are having the same issue but no solutions. EA had no responses so I pretty much wasted my money. I will never buy ea sports games for wii.
on February 25, 2013
The low reviews had me a bit worried when I bought this as a gift for my soccer-obsessed husband, but most complaints seem to be about this version's similarity to previous versions (which he doesn't have). He was genuinely thrilled to receive this, and finds it very fun and challenging.
on July 18, 2013
Good game play, fun, and pretty additive. But somehow I have found it too easy to beat the computer even in the most difficult level. Many reviews say FIFA 13 is just FIFA 12. Well I do not have FIFA 12, so that does not bother me at all.