Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on August 18, 2011
My 8 year old daughter visited the Fijit Friends website every day for two weeks before her birthday, and was SO excited to finally buy this toy with her birthday money. We ordered it, and when it arrived she began playing with it right away. Its little light-up face is cute, and it has a dozen or so interactive responses, though we discovered right away that it didn't always respond correctly to the "prompts" you'd give it. For example, if you say "let's dance", it's supposed to dance, but instead, it would ask "Where are you going?"

Within literally a few hours of opening the FF, the rubber "skin" of the toy already had a hole in it (and my daughter was not being overly rough with it, by any means...on the contrary, she carried her Friend around like a baby and gave it its own pillowy bed in her room), and an hour after that, the thing stopped working! It was like the interactive components shorted out, and it just sputtered gibberish. We thought maybe the batteries needed replacing, but even with new batteries, the toy was busted. My daughter was inconsolable at first, but then kind of realized it wasn't as much fun as the ads/website made it out to be to begin with. We returned it and got a refund, and we will not be ordering another one.
33 comments66 of 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2011
The Fijit is a fun little toy, for about 5 minutes. I expected it to do alot more than it does. It will dance, chat and tell jokes. We mainly use it for the dancing... I got it for my 2 year old so he doesn't understand the jokes or chatting much yet. He has a blast dancing with the thing, tho! Sometimes the toy confuses the phrase "Dance with me" with "Night Night"... I do not know how it can mix those up. It's very annoying since this is the only action we use it for.

Also, the soft material on the body of the Fijit is awful. It's a soft silicone material and EVERYTHING sticks to it. And it is so hard to clean the lint/dirt off because it clings so bad. Last night, I covered the body in baby powder and it helps sooo much. Doesn't look all that pretty, but it's so much cleaner, I don't even care.

All in all, my toddler loves it and I do not hate the thing, so I gave it 3 stars. But they could have done a much, much better job for the price.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2011
My daughter got it for her birthday -- the only thing my kids told me that they wanted specifically.

It is loud, and I want to try and figure out how to turn down the volume, but other than that, it's cool.

I like the soft and stretchy material used for the coat.

It danced so wild that it fell over and my kids laughed.

It can dance to its own music, or it can pick up music played. We play the iPod on our iPad 2 music and it was cute. I don't know how loud you have to turn it up for it to hear, but it was good.

When we said certain cue words, it went to sleep or told jokes or danced.

Yeah, some are corny and repeated a bit -- but who cares?

It's a cute toy and a novel concept.

What else...yes, you do have to speak up and clearly and enunciated, but this is only a positive in my book.

Plus, um...I can tell this will be the hot Christmas toy.
22 comments23 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2011
It was a fun toy but it was defective. It was hard to play with the toy and it keeps on going into the sleep mode and need to restart it over and over again. Returning it today.
55 comments26 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2014
This fijit friend robot thing is so adorable. I like how you can talk to it and it talks back to you. I also like how it can interact with the newbies, yippits, and shimmies. It tells some funny jokes too. And it's a very good dancer. You can also push it's belly button ad get a cut and funny reaction. Plus, it can understand a secret language from the fijit friends website. My daughter got one for xmas when she was about 10 years old. She's 12 going on 13 now but she still loves it. She plays with it all the time and she goes to the fijit friends website as often as she can. If you know a little girl who likes chatting, jokes, cuteness, and dancing, she'll love fijit friends. If the previous sentence describes any little girl you know go buy a fijit friend today!
on January 11, 2012
We bought 2 of these as Christmas gift gifts for our children. They absolutely love them. They sit and talk to them and dance with them. It was a great purchase. I like the way they feel, very different.
on January 3, 2012
Gave this as a gift for a 10 year girl. BIG hit! The item was as described, followed commands, and was very entertaining.
on March 11, 2012
I sent this toy to my grandson for Christmas...it absolutely overshadowed everything else he
received. He plays with it constantly....he is 8 years old
on December 27, 2011
We purchased 2 of the Fijits for our daughters for Christmas. They both loved them, however they really don't work as well as I had hoped. Sometimes they respnod to the commands that you give them and sometimes they just "go to sleep". The girls are still extremely happy with them but they are not worth the money that you have to pay for them.
on June 3, 2012
This thing annoys parents and thrills kids while it works properly. I've known two people besides me who have gotten these things for their kids and they've all gone mildly haywire (upsetting kids, who beg to have an expensive set of batteries changed to no effect).