Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 23, 2011
I read all the reviews on all of the Fijit's and I'm sure they are all the same but for whatever reason, Sage had better reviews so that's the one I got. I had her delivered to work yesterday so today I came in with 5 brand spanking new batteries! At our house, Santa brings everything set up and ready to go so we don't have to deal with putting things together in the AM. I installed them and my co-workers and I started playing with her. Sage is a hoot - her jokes are funny - her dance is hilarious - she shakes her booty (I know - it's hard to imagine until you see it) and then gets exhausted and takes a break. Granted I'm at work so we only played with her a few minutes before I told her "Good Night" but we were laughing so hard we had to catch our breath! I just hope that she keeps working like she's supposed to - if she does, I think $40 is a decent price! I'll try to post an update after Christmas!
on August 4, 2011
Our 9-year old daughter picked this out with her birthday money. She paid $50.00 at Toys 'R Us, which is ridiculous, but hey, it's her money! The toy is just okay to me, for these reasons. First of all, you have to speak very clearly with the "cue words" they give you or else the toy doesn't work. The toy responds to certain "cue" words you speak to it, but some of the phrases the toy speaks were incoherent. When you give the command word "sleep", it doesn't work. My daughter used the command word "play" and finally got the toy to "sleep." When it hears music being played, it's supposed to dance, but she has to turn the volume up quite loudly before the toy picks up the sounds and starts dancing. It was fun and cute at first, but the novelty wore off and she was bored with it when she realized there are only a few commands it can interact to. Definitely not worth the $50!!! I'd say more like $19.99. Great concept, but poorly executed. Back to the drawing board, Mattel.
44 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2011
My daughter got it for her birthday -- the only thing my kids told me that they wanted specifically.

It is loud, and I want to try and figure out how to turn down the volume, but other than that, it's cool.

I like the soft and stretchy material used for the coat.

It danced so wild that it fell over and my kids laughed.

It can dance to its own music, or it can pick up music played. We play the iPod on our iPad 2 music and it was cute. I don't know how loud you have to turn it up for it to hear, but it was good.

When we said certain cue words, it went to sleep or told jokes or danced.

Yeah, some are corny and repeated a bit -- but who cares?

It's a cute toy and a novel concept.

What else...yes, you do have to speak up and clearly and enunciated, but this is only a positive in my book.

Plus, um...I can tell this will be the hot Christmas toy.
on August 25, 2011
My little girl got this she is 11 and LOVE'S the thing its her fave she thinks its jokes are cute and she hasn't had any issue with it "hearing" her and she has some speech issues! AND you just ave to try chirp mode.
on December 13, 2011
We first saw this toy in November. When we would take our granddaughter to Target or Wal-Mart, she would head for the toy section and wear out the Try Me buttons on the display model Fijits. The shelves were full of them. We decided to get her one in early December. Who knew this was going to be THE hot toy for this Christmas? I searched everywhere and found only empty shelves. Finally, I got smart and tried Amazon. We found several sellers who had them and immediately ordered one from The Forst Place. We received it within five days, which I thought was outstanding at this time of year. Very good experience.
on December 28, 2011
First of all when I recieved this from Amazon (not a third party seller) the belly button (where you press to get the FIJIT going) was dirty, like this was a demo toy or something from a store. It wasn't enough for me to get mad an return it, but it was a little gross, just saying.

All in all, this was purchased for my 5 year old daughter for Christmas, who didn't ask for it, but knew what it was when she opened it. It was one of the toys she was more excited about, and enjoyed dancing to the FIJIT provided music--After my friend figured out how to switch the mode from "demo" to full-on FIJIT mode ;) My daughter is an only child so I think she enjoyed having a little buddy to talk to.

Later on in the day I ended up having to separate these new "friends" when I found my daughter yelling at it in her room. I think the FIJIT wasn't understanding her but I walked in when I heard her say "GO TO SLEEP PLEASE--NOW!! FINE, YOU WANT ME TO TURN YOU OFF THEN? OKAY, YOU ASKED FOR IT!!" haha. I think it's good for kids to learn how to work their toys and spend time mastering them though, so I'm not sorry this FIJIT thing got her blood boiling a little bit. Hope this helped!!
on November 28, 2011
we got Sage for our daughters birthday. It took her a little while to speak clear and louder but once she got used to it, she loves this toy!!! she is 8. i just ordered her two of the newbies for Christmas.
on August 21, 2011
Bought this for 12 yr old Step-daughter along with an iPod for her bday. It was one of the items on her list. We misunderstood that she could hook the iPod up to this to watch it dance, it doesn't work that way. That's not the reason for the 1 star review however. It's very hard to understand, it seems to say the same couple phrases over & over, & it's dancing is more of a vibrating shake. She has played with it only 2-3 times I'd say for a total of less than an hour & one ear is broken off. It has just been sitting on her dresser untouched for a couple weeks now.
55 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2011
This toy is the most annoying thing I've ever encountered. The sounds and "talking" it makes are incredibly grating and basically unbearable.

It also has only 4 features (chat with me, dance with me, tell me a joke, and goodnight). Chat with me is the same conversation every time - how are you, where are you going, what is the weather. How inane! Tell me a joke tells mostly unintelligible jokes - and the few you can understand the pronunciation of aren't even close to funny. Goodnight makes her snore. great. The only decent one is dance with me because it's funny to see the thing dance around.

Unfortunately, after about 2 weeks of light use, dance with me and chat with me both stopped working. Now the only things it will do are tell me a joke and goodnight. Piece of crap for $45!
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2013
It's nice, but not as responsive as a Furby. It's better than the furby dancing and producing it's own music. It has a limited set of sentences and jokes it repeats. After a while it gets boring. It's easier to clean than a Furby, as it has a smooth, soft surface, not a furry one. At least it's educated. ]It doesn't blame, curse or burp as Furbys.