Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FINAL FANTASY III
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 26, 2012
I won't go too much into the things other reviewers have already touched on, such as the story, job-system, etc., but I'd like to point a few things out I haven't seen mentioned.

We're talking a real Square-Enix gem here, so the crisp 3D graphics are no surprise, same with the lovely music. It's easy to look at and listen to for hours and hours. My only complaint concerning the games graphics is the homely little "analog stick" that appears onscreen whenever you prompt the avatar to move (meant to indicate which direction you're going). I've scoured the game's configuration options, but sadly I haven't yet found a way to be rid of the thing. If the controls were more reliable (more on that shortly), you wouldn't need anything onscreen showing you where you're headed. Others have done this right, Square. Just sayin'.

So, it's important to note how the game is controlled on this device (in my case, a Kindle Fire). Obviously, upon starting, the screen sets to a horizontal position, and of course everything is controlled via touch from then on out. This touch control is just good - no more, no less. It leaves a good deal to be desired. It's far from ideal in the game's more precise situations, like maneuvering through narrow dungeon corridors, or turning tight corners. And it can be a right pain when piloting the touchy air ship. Other than that, the touch control isn't really put to much use - there's this maneuver you do to zoom in/ out of the action by stroking the screen with two fingers, but that's easy enough to learn.

That's about it. Pretty much covers all I wanted to say. I would like to point out the game is actually pretty nice to my Kindle's battery, considering how high-res it is compared to most games. And oh yeah, saving, quicksaving, and loading are just as ideal as they'd be on a console or something. Hope all this helped.

Ahem, one more thing: to anyone who turns their nose up at the price - remember you're not getting a silly little puzzle game, glitchy mobile "MMORPG", or some lamestream garbage that has you launching avians at a brick wall: this is an epic, full-scale Final Fantasy game. And a darn good one to boot. This very same game could easily cost you thirty or so dollars at a game store. So, well worth it, a real lot of bang for your buck. Enjoy.
0Comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2012
I have played FF games for years on different platforms. I at first looked at the price and debated if I wanted to pay that much for this game. I'm glad I did. Not only for the gameplay, but also to support Square Enix in the hopes they will hopefully bring the other FF games to the Android market. The ease of play and the graphics are wonderful. I would recommend this app to anyone who loves playing the FF games. I am playing this on my Kindle Fire with no glitches.
11 comment|228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
its nice finally have a real game to play on my tablet,not just a series of puzzels, or the same game with a different backgroud each level. Deffinatly worth the price. A full storly line, no "buy as you go" litations, 40+ hours of gameplay. The controls are really intuitive, easy to just jump right in and fight. Can flip the screen oncase you wanted to play plugged in. Graphics are smooth on the fire HD. Easily the best legal rpg on the market
on November 4, 2012
This game is done up very well in my opinion. Control is excellent for me and graphics are good. I was waiting awhile for this to finally reach my kindle fire. If you like final fantasy your going to enjoy this, Ignore the stupid reviews. I cant wait till the day amazon actually monitors them.
0Comment|154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
At first I was hesitant about dropping the $16 for a game, but I love FF and nothing else was holding my interest. I'm so glad I did it. It looks wonderful on my Kindle Fire HD and the controls are better than I expected. This is an actual game and it's fun! You won't regret it. :)
on December 4, 2012
I played the original and this is just like that but with better graphics. If your a final fantasy fan then this game is worth the 15 dollars. I hope to see 5,6,7,and 9 come to the kindle as well sometime in the future hint hint wink wink square enix
on November 20, 2012
I was seriously jealous when I saw that Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger were available on iOS. They slowly made their way to Android and now Final Fantasy 3 has made it's way to the Amazon store. I'm playing this on my Kindle Fire HD and it's wonderful. I briefly played this game on the Nintendo DS and it's a great port of that version of the game. I've put about 9 hours into the game so far and I'm loving every bit of it.

I can't wait to play other Final Fantasy games on my Kindle Fire. I'd also love to see Chrono Trigger make it's way over.

My ONLY complaint is something that can eventually be fixed. I think that support for Amazon GameCircle would be great. That way when I eventually upgrade to the next line of Kindle Fire products I can sync my save data and continue where I leave off.
on November 6, 2012
this is a real game. if the price is too high for u then dont buy it. its simple. no need to post a review about the price if u haven't got the game.
now ff3 is a really gud game for a tablet. the touch screen controls fit well and isnt awkward at all. the story is a typical ff one. there is a crystal, some chosen heroes, evil to destroy and the world to save. the theme is simple but the story feels deep and enjoyable. the fighting is turn based and the job system is back. overall this is the best rpg game on a tablet to date. deff a must have. (if u got a job and can afford 15 bucks)
22 comments|145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2013
This is the one of the best games available on Kindle Fire right now, without a doubt. It is the real Final Fantasy III, non-abridged, with all the tropes Final Fantasy is known for.

It's a huge file, over 200 mb, but it installed fine on my device.

Why didn't I give it 5 stars? Several reasons:
1-No instruction manual. It would have increased the file size slightly, but they could have added an option on the start screen for "Instructions" with all the text from the manual that came with the cartridge version of the game.
2-No New Game +. It's a constant complaint with FF games that have a job system. The game isn't long enough to sample all the jobs, and some of the more interesting ones don't become available until right before the final dungeon. I want to start over with all jobs available so I can challenge myself to beat the game with 4 rangers or somesuch.
3-Weak/non-existent characterization. I went from Final Fantasy I to FF 7, then 8, 9, 10, 10-2, and then 3. I want my characters to interact with each other, to experience growth, to have strong motivations, as in iterations 7-10. What makes the characters in 3 tick? Why are they doing what they're doing? How have they grown together as a group? As it is, here they are pretty much cutouts, with nothing but sprite design to distinguish them.
4-Final boss was too easy, but secret boss is waaaaaaay to hard. I got my butt handed to me by the final boss the first time around (I was at level 50 or so). So I did some level/job grinding and came back at level 65. During the final boss fight, none of my characters died, or even got into low HP status. Meanwhile, I can't go two rounds with the Iron Giant without getting wiped out. I don't want to level grind that much to beat one boss. Final Fantasy 8 had the best way of dealing with this, and it should be used in other FF games.

So that's how to make this great game better, in this humble player's opinion. I had 40+ hours of fun with the kindle fire app, and I see myself having more hours of fun when I feel like starting a new game from scratch.
on December 7, 2012
This is the best RPG on the Amazon AppStore (until FF4 comes out). Look this is a full Square RPG. You will spend about 40hrs going through this game. I see people complaining about the price, but I see xbox360 games for $60 for about 8hrs of gameplay (not counting multiplayer). I can understand if you played this on a DS (which cost $40 when it came out) or a previous system, the price might seem too much. But if you are looking for a great RPG or new to FF, don't pass this up.