5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price and then some!
I won't go too much into the things other reviewers have already touched on, such as the story, job-system, etc., but I'd like to point a few things out I haven't seen mentioned.

Published on December 26, 2012 by Capricious

3.0 out of 5 stars was great until this....
Well, at first I have to say I was pretty impressed with how smooth everything seemed to be going, seemed like a great game. Problem I noticed after a while though was every time I saved, the previous file said "save file corrupted". Well, after about three hours of playing I'd had enough for a while and decided to take a break. Saved in all three spots...
Published 29 days ago by Koty

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price and then some!, December 26, 2012
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)

We're talking a real Square-Enix gem here, so the crisp 3D graphics are no surprise, same with the lovely music. It's easy to look at and listen to for hours and hours. My only complaint concerning the games graphics is the homely little "analog stick" that appears onscreen whenever you prompt the avatar to move (meant to indicate which direction you're going). I've scoured the game's configuration options, but sadly I haven't yet found a way to be rid of the thing. If the controls were more reliable (more on that shortly), you wouldn't need anything onscreen showing you where you're headed. Others have done this right, Square. Just sayin'.

So, it's important to note how the game is controlled on this device (in my case, a Kindle Fire). Obviously, upon starting, the screen sets to a horizontal position, and of course everything is controlled via touch from then on out. This touch control is just good - no more, no less. It leaves a good deal to be desired. It's far from ideal in the game's more precise situations, like maneuvering through narrow dungeon corridors, or turning tight corners. And it can be a right pain when piloting the touchy air ship. Other than that, the touch control isn't really put to much use - there's this maneuver you do to zoom in/ out of the action by stroking the screen with two fingers, but that's easy enough to learn.

That's about it. Pretty much covers all I wanted to say. I would like to point out the game is actually pretty nice to my Kindle's battery, considering how high-res it is compared to most games. And oh yeah, saving, quicksaving, and loading are just as ideal as they'd be on a console or something. Hope all this helped.

Ahem, one more thing: to anyone who turns their nose up at the price - remember you're not getting a silly little puzzle game, glitchy mobile "MMORPG", or some lamestream garbage that has you launching avians at a brick wall: this is an epic, full-scale Final Fantasy game. And a darn good one to boot. This very same game could easily cost you thirty or so dollars at a game store. So, well worth it, a real lot of bang for your buck. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game! Great app, November 3, 2012
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I have played FF games for years on different platforms. I at first looked at the price and debated if I wanted to pay that much for this game. I'm glad I did. Not only for the gameplay, but also to support Square Enix in the hopes they will hopefully bring the other FF games to the Android market. The ease of play and the graphics are wonderful. I would recommend this app to anyone who loves playing the FF games. I am playing this on my Kindle Fire with no glitches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 4, 2012
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
This game is done up very well in my opinion. Control is excellent for me and graphics are good. I was waiting awhile for this to finally reach my kindle fire. If you like final fantasy your going to enjoy this, Ignore the stupid reviews. I cant wait till the day amazon actually monitors them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not an app, an actual game., November 14, 2012
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
its nice finally have a real game to play on my tablet,not just a series of puzzels, or the same game with a different backgroud each level. Deffinatly worth the price. A full storly line, no "buy as you go" litations, 40+ hours of gameplay. The controls are really intuitive, easy to just jump right in and fight. Can flip the screen oncase you wanted to play plugged in. Graphics are smooth on the fire HD. Easily the best legal rpg on the market

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game to Play on Kindle Fire, However Needs Improved Hints (4 stars), April 16, 2013
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
For those of us who love the Final Fantasy games we now have Final Fantasy III available to players on the Kindle Fire. For those who have played this game on Nintendo DS or DS Lite previously this iteration of Final Fantasy does bring something new to the table.

The Kindle version of this game has four separate characters that you will play as: Luneth, Arc, Refia, and Ingus or the four warriors of light as they are known in the game. Just like in the Nintendo DS game you can re-name the characters (I never do) but unlike with that game I found the ability to read what characters are saying and the overall graphics much better. Also you definitely receive more explanations in this version and I have a better understanding on how the jobs system works.

I would warn those people out there who are looking for Amazon strategy guides so far I have not found one that I like. However, I honestly don't think that strategy guides are necessary for this version since everything is explained to you via conversations among villagers or among the four warriors of light themselves.

There are two things that I found frustrating and or lacking the game but not enough to lower my rating.

The first thing that I did find a bit frustrating is that some parts of the game you need the ability to zoom in in order to touch an item or obtain one and pinching your fingers and drawing them apart takes some practice.

Edited review to note that now I know how to get the side quests on the Kindle version. Your players have to one keep acquiring levels and also when you run into Mognet you have to have different characters speaking to him in order to get the letters that you need to start the sidequests. I still think that the hints should have let us know about that it was just happenstance that I figured that out when I switched up my party order when one of the party died. Due to this I did lower my rating by one star.
Other than that I love this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars finaly a good game of substance for the kindle, December 4, 2012
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I played the original and this is just like that but with better graphics. If your a final fantasy fan then this game is worth the 15 dollars. I hope to see 5,6,7,and 9 come to the kindle as well sometime in the future hint hint wink wink square enix

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, December 4, 2012
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
At first I was hesitant about dropping the $16 for a game, but I love FF and nothing else was holding my interest. I'm so glad I did it. It looks wonderful on my Kindle Fire HD and the controls are better than I expected. This is an actual game and it's fun! You won't regret it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars a real ff game. worth $15., November 6, 2012
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
this is a real game. if the price is too high for u then dont buy it. its simple. no need to post a review about the price if u haven't got the game.
now ff3 is a really gud game for a tablet. the touch screen controls fit well and isnt awkward at all. the story is a typical ff one. there is a crystal, some chosen heroes, evil to destroy and the world to save. the theme is simple but the story feels deep and enjoyable. the fighting is turn based and the job system is back. overall this is the best rpg game on a tablet to date. deff a must have. (if u got a job and can afford 15 bucks)

5.0 out of 5 stars More FF on Kindle Please, November 20, 2012
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I was seriously jealous when I saw that Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger were available on iOS. They slowly made their way to Android and now Final Fantasy 3 has made it's way to the Amazon store. I'm playing this on my Kindle Fire HD and it's wonderful. I briefly played this game on the Nintendo DS and it's a great port of that version of the game. I've put about 9 hours into the game so far and I'm loving every bit of it.

I can't wait to play other Final Fantasy games on my Kindle Fire. I'd also love to see Chrono Trigger make it's way over.

My ONLY complaint is something that can eventually be fixed. I think that support for Amazon GameCircle would be great. That way when I eventually upgrade to the next line of Kindle Fire products I can sync my save data and continue where I leave off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it., November 4, 2012
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
final fantasy titles have always been top notch and worth every penny ever since their first one on the nes. i gladly dropped the cash after playing it on a friend's device. this is a real game. anyone who is weary of the price can go back to farmville or angry birds.

FINAL FANTASY III (Kindle Tablet Edition)
$15.99