5.0 out of 5 stars Simply.... still amazing
Published 11 months ago by Insomniak1

3.0 out of 5 stars its a decent rebuy
better overall graphics and decent playability. But, not as much fun as i remember it being when it first came out. Still enjoy the blitzball minigame though. also a couple of the bronze trophies are crazy difficult to achieve, so yeah there is that.
Published 9 months ago by christopher isele

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply.... still amazing, March 21, 2014
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster - PlayStation Vita (Video Game)
I do not know how much of my appreciation of Final Fantasy X is pure nostalgia, but this is one amazing port. As soon as the opening theme started, all old feelings rushed back to me like a tidal wave. I immediately felt emotionally attached. I knew I was in for a treat, and this title would dominate my gaming time for a big while. But trying to put reminiscence aside, I will place this game in a contemporary context.
First, presentation: Square-Enix actually put some effort into this two games, unlike other mobile offerings (here's looking at you iOS ports). The up-rezing, texture clean up, and the character model tweaks, along with the beautiful bright OLED on the VITA, makes for a very, very pretty game. I do not remember this game looking as lively before. Some character models could have been better, but it did not distract me much.
Second, sound: While there were some musical liberties changed, some more for an updated score, I enjoyed the audio. I never felt like I should turn down the music at any time. The voice acting was descent, however, some points were cringe-inducing (don’t you agree, Tidus?).
Gameplay: For the most part, it remains faithful to the mechanics of the PS2 version. It remains a turn-based system, in RPG old-school fashion. I liked this formula in this more modern presentation. I forgotten how engaging the leveling system could be. Swapping party members in mid-fight makes it seem like you’re in control of a larger group, not just three characters. And the summoning system is awe inspiring. I didn’t mind grinding at all, even though I usually dislike random encounters. I will say however, that moving the character with the VITA’s controls proved to be challenging, and not very responsive.
Third, Story: This is the main reason why I like RPG’s. FFX’s story still holds up very well to this day. It contains all the elements I look for in a long story: Humor, sorrow, melancholy, anger, fear and action. The character development is really well done for most of the characters, from the unique protagonists, to the complicated villains. They are quite interesting and make the player connect with them. However, there is one major blemish here. Tidus was and still remains one of the most annoying, awkward characters in the game. His reactions and interactions with the others made me wish Yuna would look somewhere else. But as a whole, they are all memorable.

I strongly recommend it. Go get it and get submerged in the wonderful world of Spira.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game - Be Warned About Buying A Used Copy!, July 30, 2014
Great games that are beautifully remastered. That's not what I'm here to say. If you are buying this game USED, be warned, FFX-2 is obtained through a DOWNLOAD CODE that was included with the game when it was NEW. It's likely that the CODE has already been REDEEMED if you are purchasing it USED. I'm not blaming the seller I just wish it had been more clear. This being the case, the used copies are prices as if you were getting a SINGLE game. I really can' complain that much. Just do some research first.

5.0 out of 5 stars One small complaint Incredible Game, March 21, 2014
My favorite game for the playstation 2 finally makes its to the vita. Final Fantasy X the last of the great Final Fantasy games imo (12 was good but not great) upgraded Graphics for the most part a new fmv and sphere grid from the international version of the game(dark aeons added to x and whole new areas added to x-2 as well). My only complaint is that they decided to redo some characters faces this is a pretty minor complaint considering i got use to it in 30 mins still say they should be careful doing stuff like that. Final Fantasy X-2 is the biggest let down in final fantasy history with ease imo the game is tolerable at best (that being an overly nice assessment of the game) the battle system was good but outside of a few scattered mini games the rest was bad and most of the places you go too are from Final Fantasy X so you've seen them before or will if you play them in order. Playing Final Fantasy X again was like taken a step back in time to when i use to be a big gamer nerd lol good times.
P.S. X-2 is 3.394 gigabytes or both games (according to psn) 6 gigs in case memory card space is a concern of yours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remaster..., April 6, 2014
I expected a bit too much when it said HD Remaster.

The game graphics really didn't change much, but at least the cut scenes are absolutely beautiful.

Everything got smoother than the original PS2 version I've played if I remember correctly, but i don't really care because I finally have the game on Vita!

Now I can play this anywhere I want as long as my PS Vita survives....

that's all I wanted, really....portability... just that it wasn't as HD as I expected. It's partly my fault for expecting too much, though so it would be unfair to down rate because of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars FFX on a handheld!, April 6, 2014
What more could you ask for? Its one of the greatest PS2 RPG's on a handheld. The graphics are great and even better than what they use to be with the HD remake. A definite must have for any Square or Final Fantasy fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing remake for an amazing game! Fantastic for Vita, too. 2 games in 1., July 4, 2014
My review is mainly for the Vita version, though I'm sure the PS3 version is great, too.

You know how sometimes when they remaster or port games, the remake often ends up sucking horribly and ruining the game? Or, it just doesn't really add much and ends up not being worth the cost?

Well, this is neither of those. This remake is FANTASTIC. It is very high quality - HD visuals, improved interface and tutorials, upgraded music, high audio quality, extra features, and it's TWO full games for the price of one regular Vita game. For the Vita version, a big benefit is that you can play this on a portable device (unless you hate using them) and easily wear headphones for a more immersive experience.

If you've never played these games before, get this. You won't regret it. If you have played them before, I would still advise getting it. It will be a very nostalgic experience with improvements over the originals. I don't even like FFX-2 but I still think it's worth it just for FFX. If you like both, even better.

This is worth the $40, for sure (even better if you get it for less, which is pretty easy to find).

5.0 out of 5 stars Same old fun, with improved graphics and previously unreleased contents, March 20, 2014
(Note: I haven't played FFX-2 yet so this review is only for FF-X)
I played FFX the first time it came out over 10 years ago. While not the best Final Fantasy (that honor goes to VII in my opinion), it is a great game with sophisticated gameplay, breathtaking story, and charming characters. It's still pretty much the same game, but US gamers can now enjoy secret bosses and alternative sphere grid not available in the previous release. Having played the international release with these contents before, I'd say that the secret bosses are very hard and will require a lot of grinding and patience on your side. The most annoying thing that sometimes, if you forget to take an important item when you visit an area for the first time, when you return, you might find one of these bosses blocking your way (this caused me to miss one of the ultimate weapons because I couldn't beat the boss). Extended sphere grid can be interesting for people who used normal grid in the first release, but for a newcomer it can be quite confusing and leads to unbalanced characters. On a bright side, you can create more versatile characters more easily with this new grid (ie. Yuna with awesome black magic)
Now remastered, the graphic looks more crisp an has less rough polygon edges. Despite being a game made back in 2001, I would say the graphic is on par with a lot of PS Vita games out there. The details of environment and characters' facial expression (most of the time) are very realistic and pleasant to look. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for other minor characters and townspeople, having almost no details whatsoever (and all of them look the same, and even setting that aside they look rather ugly). This definitely won't ruin the experience, but it can be jarring at times
As for music, several of the tracks have been remixed and they mostly sound better, although I am a little disappointed that there's no option to switch back to original BGM.
In all, I strongly recommend this game. For 39.99, two lengthy games, one of which a masterpiece, is a steal. FFX-II is only available for downloading so you will need a bigger memory stick before you can play it. Have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars FFX & FFX-2 On Vita, March 20, 2014
The Game Looks great and runs great on the Vita. I didn't buy it from amazon but through the PSN but I'm glad I did buy it, Remembering how awesome this game was and still how epic it is has been fantastic. If you've never played these games I highly recommend picking it up on the Vita or PS3 totally worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This really makes the PS Vita shine! A wonderful remake supporting Cross Save, March 20, 2014
I liked the original and preordered this together with the PS3 version. It works well on the Vita. The graphics really shine on this display. Cross save is not fully automatic, which it should be, if you are logged into PSN. Sync has to be invoked manually.

X-2 HD is downloaded and not on the cartridge. I actually wish, both were downloadable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings Back That Classic Feeling Only In HD, March 19, 2014
MerciFlo (Brooklyn, Ny) - See all my reviews
One Of the best RPG and Ps2 games ever. Game is great and brings back an old feeling when playing. I Love It.

FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster - PlayStation Vita
FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster - PlayStation Vita by Square Enix (PlayStation Vita)
$19.99