Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on April 28, 2009
This Dental floss provides the Best and Easiest cleaning (Bar None) of all the most Popular brands sold at drug stores & grocery chains. However, I haven't been able to find it at my local drug chains & grocery stores anymore!! It Just Disappeared off the store shelves so I'm assuming because it wasn't selling like all the other Familiar Toothpaste Corporation brands which are Not nearly as effective in their ability to provide thorough cleaning as this one. Yes, one has a mouthwash flavored product and the other one does this and so on..but I've tried them all and TOM's is KING!!!! The natural fibers, waxes and all natural spearmint oil make flossing a real PLEASURE. I never thought that would come out of my mouth but so do all those bad germies & tarter with this magnificent floss.
Please Amazon..Please keep selling this Fine product!!!
Give My Regards to Tom's Of Maine!!!!!!
Tom's of Maine Please Keep making these Great Products!!
on April 16, 2012
UPDATE: After a couple of weeks, I've realized the secret for me to make this work is to pull the floss a lot tighter between my fingers. That enables it to slip in much easier and allows the fibers to then "scrub" the teeth. I guess I was too used to Glide! I like it much better now that I figured that part out.

***
I'm a fan of Tom's of Maine products and the company philosophy, so I was happy to see this product. But overall, I don't think I'd buy this again. Here are the pros and cons, so you can make your own judgment:

PROS
- Natural mint flavor is delicious
- Price is pretty fair for the 6 pack and yardage.
- Recycled packaging.
- If you can get the floss in, it does seem like the thick texture probably helps catch and clean out plaque.

CONS
- Texture of the floss is thick. It's noticeably more difficult to fit between my teeth than other brands I've tried.
- This floss shreds.
- My kids find it tough to use. They're young and we're still flossing their teeth, and we have to use more force to get it in there. They don't love that.

This might work for people who don't have dental work and/or closely spaced teeth, but for those of us who are used to more glide in our floss, this will take some getting used to.
on August 10, 2009
I started using Tom's of Maine toothpaste a few years ago, but their dental floss is not carried by any of stores in our area. It's the best floss I have ever used. It actually feels like it is cleaning something!!
on May 28, 2012
I purchased this floss because it was the best rated product on Amazon and I have always hated the stuff I find in the store. It always breaks and shreads. For me this floss is simply too thick for my teeth. And because it doesn't fit very well, it shreads. Sometimes getting shreaded thread out is harder than getting food out from between the teeth. If you have lots of space between your teeth, you will probably love this floss as it is a little rougher than the standard floss helping food stick to it.
on December 4, 2013
I love this product because it is all natural however, my teeth are quite tight and it hurts to use it. Have not found a comparable product yet that is a little thinner. I love Toms of Maine products but am sad that this does not work for me.
on August 1, 2010
Very good product, just as good as the leading flosses, but better because of the all naturally sourced ingredients. I wish they would put this floss on flossers, maybe with recycled plastic, but that's a wish. Here are the ingredients, listed on their website:

Beeswax = Ease of use (Beehives)
Carnauba wax = Ease of use (Brazilian wax palm tree)
Spearmint oil = Flavor (Leaves of the spearmint herb)
Jojoba wax = Ease of use (Jojoba plant)
Acacia = Flavor carrier (Tree resin)
Myrrh = Clean, healthy-feeling mouth (Resin from the myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) bush)
Propolis = Natural resins for a clean, healthy-feeling mouth (Mixture of tree resin (Propolis cera) gathered by bees)
on April 28, 2014
This floss is so intense! I appreciate the company's dedication to environmentally-friendly practices. I share in their philosophy. I make all my own toiletries and do everything I can to live a chemical-free life that has a low impact on our world. But this floss is the pits. It's the sort of floss that snaps into place, causing your gums to bleed no matter how long you use it. It's just way to intense. I have to go back to the old standard Glide floss for this reason. I'm sure I'll find a use for the remaining 5 1/2 packages I purchased (which was so dumb on my part). I feel like I could use it as rope to tie up my boat...ok that's a huge exaggeration, but I will likely use it in my gardening! Maybe it could tie stakes to small trees or something.
on October 18, 2009
I started using Toms' of Maine products a few years back and they're wonderful. The toothpast along with the floss are the best. You can trust this company because of what is not in their products.
on March 2, 2014
This thick floss is an acquired taste. At first I didn't like it because I had gingivitis and this floss is pretty thick and can aggravate an already existing condition of bleeding gums. However, now that I've got my gingivitis under control, and my gums don't bleed anymore, I like the floss for a couple reasons. For one thing, I never lose my grip on this floss. I don't have to draw a noose around each finger to hold it. It grips far better than any other floss. Also, it seems efficient at removing food from teeth. Just a swipe or two is all it takes. So I've come around to liking it, but it's not going to be for everybody. I deduct a star even still because it seems rather expensive for waxed string. I'd really prefer to buy in larger quantities but at a lower per-unit price.
on April 10, 2016
This is great if you have teeth that are all nicely spaced out. If you have any teeth crowding whatsoevever - these will not fit.

I wanted to love it but the reviews are correct. This is WAY TOO thick. In fact, I've tried many flosses, and this is the all-time thickest floss I've ever used. It's like using twine. Won't fit in between most of my teeth at all.