With FMA done, Any Other Anime Suggestions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 4, 2012 10:50:54 AM PST
I grew up on DBZ until the end of the cell saga, I never watched much anime after that. I recently got into Cowboy Bebop which lead me to Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo and Soul Eater. So far Bebop, FMA and FMA Brotherhood have been my favorites, but having now viewed this FMA film I've run dry on ideas.

If anyone sees this post and has a suggestions of a great anime that moves the story forward each episode or is just really well made then please let me know.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 10:59:22 AM PST
If you like Bebop I would highly recommend Outlaw Star, possibly my personal favorite anime and a fantastic space-action series.

Complete DVD: Outlaw Star: Complete Collection

Also, while it's VERY different from most other animes (not a ton of "action"/fighting, no fan-service), Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit is one of the best I've ever seen. The animation is absolutely gorgeous, the story is phenomenally told-paced-concluded, there are a bunch of great characters including what I consider to be one of (if not the) strongest female leads in animation, the english dub is damn good, etc. etc. etc...

Complete DVD: Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit - Complete Collection
Blu-ray Part 1: Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Series Part 1 [Blu-ray]
Blu-ray Part 2: Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Part 2 [Blu-ray]

Hopefully that helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 5:50:11 PM PST
Thanks for the suggestions! Working on Moribito now, it's just as you said and I'm really into it.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 12:14:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 29, 2012 12:15:33 PM PST
gagm says:
I recently finished Gungrave and I thought it was pretty good as well. I do not like animes that are too silly (unless they are mainly comedy) or with unnecessary fan service. Avatar the last airbender is a western anime but is pretty good, as is Code Geass and Death Note (though in my opinion they dragged it a bit in the end). Outlaw Star is good as well and I also enjoyed Third girl with the blu eye. Another of my favorites are the 2 Ghost in the Shell series and Wolf´s Rain.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 3:22:59 PM PST
gdfan78 says:
Baccano: The Complete Series (Viridian Collection)
This is one of my favorite shorter series. The timeline jumps around, but the story is well told. Alchemists, organized crime, immortals, and the best comedy relief duo in anime.

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 6:00:34 AM PST
Rick Volcano says:
Try High School of the Dead. Zombies! And for some pure emotion, Clannad.

Posted on May 2, 2012 8:01:35 PM PDT
Soul Eater, Chrono Crusade, Berserk, Ergo Proxy, Elfen Lied, Clannad, Honey and Clover, KareKano

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 9:57:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 10:06:16 AM PDT
Karen S. says:
I've been watching anime since (mumble), starting with Astro Boy and Kimba in the 1960's, Space Battleship Yamato/Captain Harlock/Galaxy Express 999 in the 1970's, and Macross in the 1980's. After a long hiatus, I got sucked back in with Fullmetal Alchemist, and, like you, have been looking for other things to watch. My favorites so far are Trigun, Black Butler, and Fooley Cooley. And for sheer stupid laugh-out-loud silliness, Ouran High School Host Club. I tried Bleach, but rapidly got lost once it moved out of the high school setting.

I would also HIGHLY recommend the new Space battleship Yamato 2199 series that just premiered in Japan (currently available on BluRay with English subtitles). I'm a long-time Yamato fan, and this new series is GORGEOUS. I've only seen the first 10 minutes of the first episode, and I'm already hooked.

Posted on May 4, 2012 6:18:06 PM PDT
R. Denton says:
I would recommend Code Geass. Nice character designs. A fairly intricate plot. And a healthy dose of humor here and there.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 4, 2012
Latest post:  May 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about