5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!
If you are tired of the so-so lights from the big box stores, consider this light! It is really good for the following reasons:

1. Superior LED (CREE XM-L) - most big box stores use an array of cheap LEDs
2. Small (two CR123a batteries are shorter than AA)
Published on December 23, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, turn it ...
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, turn it on and the light is intermittent, on and off. Another 4 sevens in the junk drawer.
Published 8 days ago by John W. Vandekerkhof

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, December 23, 2012
This review is from: FOURSEVENS Quark Pro "X" 123˛/ QP2L-X Black Finish / Cool White LED; 2XCR123A; 360 Lumens (Misc.)

1. Superior LED (CREE XM-L) - most big box stores use an array of cheap LEDs
2. Small (two CR123a batteries are shorter than AA)
3. Multi-modes, bezel tightened is Max brightness (360 lumens) and strobe, loosened is moonlight (.3 Lumens), Lo, Med, High, SOS, Beacon. The moonlight feature is awesome to navigate or read when your eyes have adjusted to darkness already.
4. Definite quality. Very well made.
5. Candle mode (flat base to sit the flashlight on).

I chose this one over the tactical one because I prefer to cycle through the various modes rather than having just two modes available at any one time.

I chose this over the competitors due to the moonlight mode and the interface (and the great reviews here on Amazon as well as other sources).

$65 is a lot for a simple flashlight, but I think that it is worth it for one of this quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Great customer service, June 20, 2012
Product: This is my first performance flashlight and I couldn't be more pleased. Great fit and finish, 4Sevens has made a fan out of me. I've seen reviews/tests on this that show for the first 4 minutes the OTF lumen output is actually 450+, then drops to 360 for the remaining burn time until the battery is depleted (if left on max). I believe it now.

Service: I received the tactical version of this light, which my wife ordered for me as a gift, but I really wanted the Pro version instead (not her fault). I contacted the seller and they made the exchange easy, even going so far as to offer a $10 Amazon gift card, which was unheard of to me as they did nothing wrong. Highly recommend Kandlepower for their customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little light, November 2, 2012
Amazon Customer (Marietta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I also own a Mini Maglite Pro+ (the 245 lumens model) which is a fine light. I use a flashlight daily on a long walk with my dog which typically occurs after dark. Both lights are actually easy to operate with one hand. However, the FourSevens' 360 lumens lights up the street and woods better. The FourSevens unit is lighter, smaller and is easier to put into low power mode. The lowest mode of the FourSevens is also much dimmer than the low mode on the Maglite. The Maglite's "low" mode is more like the FourSeven's high mode. The CR123A's are not, for me, a drawback as I use the same battery in other devices so keep them in stock. If you are looking for the brightest small light you can find, this seems to fit those requirements better than anything else I could find.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome light for the money! GREAT customer SERVICE!!!!!, March 17, 2013
I gave this item 4 stars because when I received it I could not access the 5 features with the bezel loosened. However I have to give the company 4sevens props on customer service, I spent less than 5 minutes on the phone and fixed the problem myself! I was given the option of sending it back and getting a new one! Kudos 4sevens on a great light and superior service!

5.0 out of 5 stars no more thinking...just order, April 17, 2013
i have the tactical model also. i thought i would not like this user interface, but i was pleasantly surprised. the easier they are the more i like them...who doesn't? :-) this ui provides for an easy set up, while still giving you the option of scrolling thru the modes if you like. tight bezel gives you turbo, with a second button press for strobe. loose bezel gives you moonlight to start and then each button press gets progressively brighter, runs through the strobe and signal modes and starts all over again at moonlight. a lot simpler than i had envisioned. as i have mentioned in my other foursevens reviews, the holster is crap. the hook and loop closure stops looping but keeps on hooking...onto ur clothes or whatever else is nearby...except for its mate on the holster. i have tried to remedy this myself, even going so far as trying to replace the faulty parts with new velcro, but i only managed in destroying the holster. fortunately the clip is nearly perfect and can be attached directly onto your belt and is actually surprisingly secure that way. i have not owned this particular model as long as i have had the 280 lumen tactical version, but it appears to be the same in design and ruggedness and i am sure it will similarly perform in duracell bunny fashion. btw, if you dont have access to a good supply of cr123 3V lithium batteries and often opt for the cheaper batteries that come from the store to power your electronics, you probably wont like these 3V lithium powered lights. they tend to eat batteries faster than your ol' maglite. however, if you want the performance, shelf life, and all temp reliability, and are prepared to shop around for prices and put down the funds for bulk, you will be very happy with this torch, as they call them across the pond. in comparison i would say that the streamlight protac 2L is awfully similar to this one size wise but quite a bit cheaper and with considerably less light output...180lumens vs 360lumens. there, now you're enlightened...go make your decision and i wont tell your wife that you are buying another flashlight if you dont tell mine.

update 4/18/14: still love this light. i prefer it to all my other double cr123 lights. scrolling through modes from .2 lumens on up is easy. strobe and signal modes are just as useless as on other flashlights, but they are there if that is something that you think you need. anyways, after heavy use, i would only change the star rating if i was able to bump it up to 6 stars. a great light with a less than mediocre holster.

5.0 out of 5 stars best hand torch yet!, November 27, 2012
great light, awesome UI. this is one of the best flashlights that I have ever owned. I have the Quark mini and I love it for an EDC but I wanted something that was easier to use one handed and this one fit the bill exactly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light for a nice price, June 11, 2012
This light is incredibly bright for a palm sized 2 cell light, it puts other far more expensive lights to shame. It has several functions and brightness levels and is waterproof to a meter in depth, making it perfect for outdoor use in the worst weather, perhaps even marine use, though it's obviously not a dive light.

I love this light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light - but Tactical version is better for me, June 27, 2014
This is a fantastic flashlight for edc, but I would have been happier with the tactical version. Since I only use it occasionally (but always carry it), I find myself confused with what mode is going to come on or cycle to next. Being able to program the two most desirable functions would suit me better, but that's my fault for ordering the Pro instead of the Tactical. Foursevens flashlights are top notch, and I will definitely buy more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best EDC Flashlight I've found., March 22, 2014
Point blank, the QP2L-X is a great flashlight. It has everything you could want. The moonlight setting is my favorite feature, it's great for when you don't want to kill your eyes but need a little light. The push button toggling between modes is quick and easy. the light feels very solid and I've had it for about 6-8 months now so it's been through all sorts of uses. I've dropped it plenty and it barely even scratches. I actually used it underwater once and it did just fine. I carry it every day for personal protection too. I keep it set on the highest setting so that if I'm out at night and someone decides to attempt to harm me I can blind and disorient them long enough to get away. Believe me when I say, it WILL blind you at night. I actually made the mistake of shining it at a white surface once and couldn't see much for a few seconds. It is also pretty customizable too, if you want a different head, tail cap, or want to run it off AAs instead of CR123s you can do that in just a few seconds. My only complaint is the pocket clip. I wish the light sat a little further down my pocket, but it's nice to have plenty to grab if I need to draw it. Also, the end of the clip flares out a bit too much I think. Occasionally it will get caught on something. Overall I think it's a fantastic product. If you don't EDC a flashlight, you should. You'll be amazed how often you use it. I don't care if your phone has a flashlight, get one of these. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome every day carry light, February 15, 2014
To start, this is a great edc light. Small, light, undoubtedly brighter then most on the shelf lights. I work night shift and this is used everyday for the past year. Good interface makes this very useful. The belt pouch is handy but wears, but you can remove and bend back the belt clip if it weakens.
The antiscratch coating seems to hold up well on the lens, and the antireflective coating on the inside of the lens seems to be a plus. the knurling is adequate and the rubber button hasn't broken down yet.
Overall a great light, only drawback is the batteries. They are expensive if you run lithium or alkaline. I found an 8 pack of rechargeable cr123 here on Amazon by ultrafire that are cost effective. They perform roughly 85% of normal batteries but to recharge them and not spend up to $15 a pair for lithium, makes them a winner. With those batteries I can go about a week before charging.
So with a great balance of throw and flood in the beam, no artifacts, this has served me very well. Not disappointed at all. And highly recommended for an every day carry option. Remember this is smaller, lighter, and brighter than its AA counterpart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›