5.0 out of 5 stars FPS freaks are better than expected

3.0 out of 5 stars The Regular Edition is Better
Published on February 12, 2011 by Aaron Ren

5.0 out of 5 stars FPS freaks are better than expected, January 8, 2011
This review is from: FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek (Video Game)
I was very skeptical when I first got these, but I quickly changed my mind for the better. I got the for the positive reviews and because they are legal at MLG events. So back to the product. When I I started playing with them I did worse but like other reviews said you just have to get used to it. After an hour I started to do better with 1V1's and so I turned my sensitivity to 10 and my accuracy and my KD started to improve on COD Black Ops.

Overall Performance:
This is not a miracle accessory. It does help a good amount but don't expect it to make you a god at FPS's. If you want to improve your game and have the money to spend the get this. if you are just a casual gamer who just plays every once in a while then keep your money because this is not something you will need. I hoped this helps your decision,
Justin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 7, 2010
This review is from: FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek (Video Game)
Works perfect, I feel more comfortable and more accurate playing Call of Duty with this on my controller. It doesn't decrease any timing away from your melee knifing. Your thumb may be further away from the controller but the attachment is ATTACHED to the analog sticks so when you melee someone it will be just as normal as if you'd take the attachment off. I am going to clear some things up. IT DOESNT ruin your original analog, it doesnt make your thumb cramp up, and you don't bump thumbs unless you actually are trying to. Best way to use these are to put it only on your aiming side of the controller [the right analog]. There is no reason to put one on the left side of the controller unless you have OCD and like everything symmetrical. I recommend this to all FPS gamers.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Regular Edition is Better, February 12, 2011
Aaron Ren (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek (Video Game)
I've tried these special edition Black Ops "Prestige" FPS Freeks as well as the regular version and the Halo: Reach "Legendary Edition" FPS Freeks. I would say that if you're looking for a concave (i.e., Xbox-style) grip, then go with the regular edition (either Classic White, Vipr, or Vipr Ultra) instead; the regular FPS Freek, I've found, offers a better grip because the material the rubber is made out of feels slightly more tacky/grippy, and less slippery. These Prestige Edition FPS Freeks have a harder rubber material that's more slippery to your thumb, I've found. Another reason the grip is worse is that there is a new set raised dots set in a circular ring pattern around the edge of rubber, which I presume was originally conceived as a way to improve grip, but I instead found that these extra raised dots decreased the surface area contact/grip between your thumb and the rubber (and thus, harder to keep a grip).

In short, I would go for the "Classic White" or "Vipr" varieties of the FPS Freek, as I find that they are better designed overall and offer a better grip, as well as being a few dollars cheaper to boot. I might post a review of the regular FPS Freeks and the "Legendary Edition" FPS Freeks sometime in the future. On a side note, the Legendary FPS Freeks are a convex (i.e., PlayStation-style) version of the FPS Freek, with a rounded top that's more similar to the analog sticks on the PS3 controller, if you're more accustomed to that style of grip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something Different & It helps, December 13, 2010
Length:: 2:28 Mins

This is my video review of the FPS Freeks by Kontrol Freek.

5.0 out of 5 stars May not be for everyone, but it worked for me. Try it!, April 11, 2011
Chris (Pleasanton, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek (Video Game)
This is actually my first review, but after my experience with this product, I felt that I should share my thoughts.

I have read many online reviews and heard a few of my favorite YouTube commentators recommend the FPS Freek, so when I recently received an Amazon gift card, I finally decided to try them for myself. I chose the FPS Freek Prestige edition because it appeared to have more grip than the original model.

Let me start by saying right off the bat, I'm already a good COD player. I play about twice a week with a group of 1-4 of my friends. In Black Ops, I'm 11th prestige, so I've had a decent chance to get familiar with the game and each of the multiplayer levels. I mostly play CTF, playing the objective and capturing flags. When I received the FPS Freek on March 29th, I had a 1.18WL and 1.46 KD. As of today, April 11, I have a 1.22 WL and 1.49 KD.

Can I really say that my improvement these last two weeks has been 100% attributable to the FPS Freek? No, but I can say that I was stuck on 1.46 KD for about a month, and that the only thing that I've changed during this period has been the addition of the FPS Freek. Also, I just "feel" like a better player. I'm able to get on target more quickly and I'm winning more of those gun battles that I previously may have lost. It's a great feeling when you're taking damage and you're able to turn around on the enemy and get the kill.

About analog controller sensitivity-- I was already on level 4. I have since moved up to 5 and will continue experimenting with higher levels.

Is an improvement of .03 for my KD worth 10-15 dollars? For me, it was plenty worth it. With over 30,000 kills, it takes A LOT to move your ratio in any direction. To be where I am after only two weeks, I am VERY pleased with my purchase. I recommend giving it a try!

*** Here's a tip. If the ~15 dollars seems a bit much to you. Split a pair with a friend. I actually only use a single FPSFreek on the right analog stick. It's really unnecessary to have one on the left analog stick since most of your aiming should be done with the right stick.

*UPDATE* June 7, 2011

Just wanted to update this review and mention that I'm still very pleased with this product. As of last night, I'm up to 1.28 WL and 1.52 KD at sensitivity 5. One of my friends was so impressed at my recent play that he actually purchased a set for himself. For the price of an expansion Map pack, I think these are a great buy.

*UPDATE* July 4, 2011

I'm up to 1.34 WL and 1.54 KD. I just passed the 41,000 kill threshold, so these small improvements while only playing once or twice a week are quite impressive. I'm still very pleased with this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars A little too grippy, September 7, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek (Video Game)
These are very similar to the regular FPS Freeks except for the raised MAC V SOG logo, which adds a whole new element to the grip on the top of your analog sticks. However, these really change the texture that your thumbs contact and may be a bit of an adjustment since your contact surface is now complex as opposed to just a few grip dots. Although once you make the adjustment the difference is hardly noticeable and these seriously enhance your thumb grip on your analog sticks.

3.0 out of 5 stars FPS Freek, March 3, 2011
This review is from: FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek (Video Game)
Not Bad all in all, the marketing sales hype was a much more than the actual difference they make in the control of the thumbsticks IMHO, but did make a difference, I did notice a better feel and after a bit of tweaking the sensitivity I started to see better control... just the feel aspect was important to me, so worth the money as long as they dont go up in price I would buy another set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, February 1, 2011
This review is from: FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek (Video Game)
These joystick extensions really do help i was able to move my sensitivity from 4 to 6 within a couple hours...and found myself much more accurate when it came to quick movements. I believe these extensions are so usefull because of the little movement you have to do to mimic aiming with the normal joysticks (Sensitivity).Overall a bit spendy for the simple fact that they are simply joystick attachments but seem to be a quality product and serve there purpose which is to help the user with FPS. If you have the money or just want to add something onto your order like i did. This is a great product to purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy I purchased, February 18, 2014
This review is from: FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek (Video Game)
Feels great while playing. I was able to adjust to the height immediately. I noticed my movement and k/d ratio increase dramatically. I also perform better while playing NBA 2K14. I wish I would have purchased sooner. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the purchase., February 1, 2014
This review is from: FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek (Video Game)
My 12 year old loves these as an addition to his Xbox 360 games. I am happy with it as long as he is. He specifically asked for this brand and was very excited when he received them

FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek
FPS Freek Prestige by KontrolFreek by KontrolFreek (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
Out of stock