Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 8, 2012
thank god for these hand cranked radios/flashlights/chargers. during the 6 days post-Sandy we had no power these babies were our only link with the outside world. sure it is a workout to get full charge into your cell phone using this but the alternative is, er, what, exactly? while the power was out and the storm was coming ashore this was our sole link with the outside world; listening to the am radio gave the whole experience a retro-vibe which helped a heck of a lot. one note to radio stations, however: when you are broadcasting in the midst (and aftermath) of such an event to lots of folks who have no power it is really really annoying to have you constantly say "go to our website for further information"! every house should have a couple of these, and keep one in each car.
on January 26, 2013
This is just what I hoped to receive, however the radio is so tiny and hard to tune - and reception is poor most of the time, i have to move the thing around all over the place to get a clear reception.
But, come camping, earthquake, other transporting events, this is just what I hoped it would be, flashlight, radio, solar panel, USB port . .
on December 12, 2012
I bought this little crank radio one for two reasons: 1.) emergencys 2.) I wanted a radio for camping. My daughter was used to sleeping with a sound machine and was only 15 months old when we went on our first camping trip, so the noise from the radio helped to lull her to sleep. I would leave it out in the sun, and give it a little cranking and it would play all night long. The flashlight actually works really well too. I can not comment on the cell phone charging aspect, but I am certain in an emergency you could crank it for a while and get a call out to 911 at the very least if you needed to do that. I dont think it will replace your rapid car charger though. All in all I loved this little radio enough to get it for a mens gift exchange I was in. It would also be great for people who like to sit and fish for hours at a time at a place where a truck and car can not reach to play the radio.
on August 6, 2011
And it was the perfect present. My husbandwas impressed, for its size this portable radio has a fantastic clear sound and we can get all the stations. The solar powered option is great: once fully charged it allows 1 h 1/2 listening (I noticed the radio needs to be in full sun... outdoors, from window sill it didn't charge up). We cranked it once or twice: no problems however the crank handle could be stronger.
The recommendation is 'don't get the radio wet'..... recently I left ours outdoors to solar recharge, of course we had a storm . The radio was in the heavy rain at least for 1 hour. We left the radio to 'dry' a few days.... and miracle it is still in working order. Nevertheless waterproofing the product will be a huge improvement.
The size : it is an emergency radio, so we are happy with it, although small fingers will manage the dials better.
We choose the bright green color, it's easy to find it.The flashlight is bright enough to read a book.
Price wise : a little more than I wanted to pay but there aren't many solar powered items on the market.... this one being the least expensive
Other features : we haven't tried to charge our cell phones, a special attachment is required.... it should be included with the radio even if it means an increase in the price or give the option to the customers to order it when they order the product.
on December 24, 2011
This is a very nice radio for as small as it is. It holds a charge for a long time. I did not expect this radio to be so nice but it really is. The sound is really good even if I turn the volume all the way up. There is no real distortion at all and this radio has just a little tiny speaker in it. The flashlight works perfect and it is pretty bright. The crank handle seems to work very nice and it does feel pretty sturdy. If there is any negitive it is that some FM stations in my area will not come in on this radio but it is not a big deal to me. I think it's only because a lot of the FM stations are so close together. The weather band works very nice too. To me it is worth the $30.00 dollars that I paid for it. Anyone considering buying it, I think over all you will be happy with it.
on December 31, 2011
When I took this out of the box I cranked it for 90 seconds. The sound was strong for what it is intended. I left the radio playing for an hour until I got tired of listening to it, the sound was still strong after one hour. The flashlight gives plenty of light. I haven't tried charging it with solar power but after seeing the results with the crank, I'm sure I will be impressed
on February 9, 2013
This is exactly what you would want if you had a power outage for an extended period of time. It easily winds up to hold the power. The flash light is bright, there's a radio and who wouldn't want to charge up their cell phone with the usb port on this handy gizmo when there is no power???! I keep one in my huricane emergency bag. And it makes a very practical gift.
on March 12, 2012
Don't have a lot of time in with this product but wanted to say that the AM works just fine. Many reviews said AM didn't work. Maybe they fixed it. Got 2 weather channels with no problem as well. Want to play with the recharging ability to see if I can recharge my iPhone. Bright light.
on May 5, 2011
Just received this. Compact, seems sturdy, easy to pull in radio stations, arrived ready to use without my needing to crank it first so looks like it holds a charge pretty well. Wish my cell phone had a a USB charger but since it does not, this unit will not work to charge my cell phone, though it looks like it will work to charge my ipod Touch. Overall, I like it. Planning to order another one for my car and one for my college aged child to bring to school.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2014
This little weather radio was exactly what we wanted. One of the biggest selling points was the alternative "crank power" option in an emergency. We love it! This was delivered in a timely manner, as promised. Would gladly do business with this seller again. Very pleased!