Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on December 17, 2011
I am so happy to have discovered The Balm's products! Down Boy blush is a smooth, pink blush that applies very evenly. There are no streaks or splotches whatsoever and it takes very little effort to blend. It does have some light reflective particles, but it is not sparkley at all- really it is more of a matte blush. I like to add a little of The Balm's Mary-Lou-Manizer as a highlight. I have a pretty pale complection and I don't find this blush to be too dark for me. The color gives a nice, flush look and I think would be flattering for many skin tones. Just circle on the apples of your cheeks, sweep up a little towards the jawbone and blend (you'll find that you won't have to blend too much). The packaging is a hard cardboard ~gorgeous vintage design~ with a strong magnetic closure and a mirror inside. Mine has traveled in my purse, makeup bag, and my work desk drawer and has held up nicely so far so I think that it is pretty durable. It's also marketed as an eyeshadow, so I just tried it for the review and it looks GREAT! You don't have to use too much product so it should last a relatively good amount of time. Retail price is $21.00.
on March 29, 2013
Excellent!!! My favorite go to blush. Never streaks and the colors are beautiful. Wears well all day long. There is not one thing I can think of to criticize. The Balm makes great products!

Update 6/29/13: Can't live without it! My absolutely favorite go to blush
on November 8, 2012
I have a light-medium skin tone, and found this blush to work better than I had expected. It seems to be the mid-tone from the Balms blush line-up. I powder over my foundation (cheeks and t-zone only), and this blush performs well. I keep my brushes very clean, and this is a decent quality product with forgiving pigmentation. (Read: not too strong or weak, easy to work with.)

Bottom line: if you are looking for a basic pink blush, this could work for most people.
on March 23, 2013
This is a very good, non-irritating formula for sensitive skin. It's a light baby pink, and just a little blended into the cheekbones brings the face to life (I already have pink cheeks, but this brings them out). Plus, it can be also used as an eye shadow. I think this would look better on lighter skin tones or skin with warmer undertones.
on February 21, 2013
This is the perfect blush for my light skin and platinum hair. But I imagine this looks good on just about any skin tone. I also wear this for the eyeshadow purpose as well and it looks lovely. Not costume-y in the least. The packaging just sweetens the deal for me.
on December 10, 2015
This is wonderful for most skin tones, I'm a NW20_25 & this is my go to every day blush but it's also great on my best friend who's quite a bit darker. It's highly pigmented a little goes a long way, no streaking & it stays true to color no oxidizing. Very pretty peachy pink.
review image review image review image
on March 28, 2013
Ok! I am definitely a fan! My skin is extremely pale with red undertones (and sadly, acne scars but that's irrelevant to this product) and I find this blush to be a perfect color for me. I am mid-30s so with this being a matte color, even better. The blush is very pigmented and I learned that the hard way the first time, so I would suggest a good tapping of your blush brush and using a light hand at application. The color is just beautiful. I love the case, super cute. Only complaint is the fall out because there is a lot of it. I find that to be the case with all the shadows and the Mary Lou-Manizer from theBalm, I just have to be careful.

Great product, beautiful color and highly pigmented. Only 4 stars because of the fall out!
on August 5, 2013
I've been in search of the perfect pink blush and I finally found it!! If you're looking for a perfect youthful pink blush this is the one for you. It gives your cheeks a beautiful flushed look without over doing it. Stays on all day with a nice soft powder finish. Great quality and worth every penny. I had previously tried Benefits Dandelion pink blush which was way too light and works better as a highlighter.
on March 22, 2014
I am using my husbands account. I love this blush. However you have to use a light hand because it is very pigmented and it goes on to dark if you don't. It's a pretty plum like color. I do recommend this to anyone. I am a makeup junkie and I am picky on my makeup and this is one I really like.
on November 6, 2013
I've got light-medium warm skin and this is great when I am packing on some bronzer. It's this beautiful mauve type color, but on the cheeks. I think it leans a SMIDGE plum (especially when I couple it with bronzer)

It has a very tinytinytiny subtle amount of sheen to it and a little really goes a long way. You can definitely pick up too much if you are no careful. It's incredibly pigmented and definitely worth the price. Others have said it would look beautiful on all skin tones...I can't speak to that, but I can say it's amazing on Olive skin tones :)

Worth the buy.