Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FRYE Men's Rogan Engineer Boot
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on December 12, 2014
I returned these boots. They are very tight at first, but I wore them on carpet for two days and they became fine (I have another pair of Fryes and knew the size I got should fit - I ordered a half-size up from my normal). Why did I return these? For the one, the color. These boots look very different from the featured photo - go to the actual Frye site and look at similar and that's closer to what you'll get it. It is a white (or whatever shade you call the top of the boot) throughout and then has black "smudge"/soot on the lower half - which is cool, but it is not gray or stone like you would believe. And also, no one is going to know those are Frye boots. But I was actually still going to keep them . . . until I'm about to wear them out, and I noticed I got a dot on water on the boot while washing my hands. I brush it off. My finger comes back black. BLACK. And then I took a napkin to see if this was for real - and sure enough, that black soot smudge comes right off. Um, no, I didn't pay $140 for shoes whose color rubs off; back to Mexico you go.
on May 10, 2013
Love the many pairs of Frye boots that I own, and had my eye on this pair for a while. Glad the price finally turned to something acceptable. Rugged, stylish, maybe even "eye-turning" under the right circumstances.
on June 20, 2013
They are REALLY hard to get on at 1st, since they don't have any loops or pulls on them. I almost sent them back because I couldn't get them on! It gets easier every time I wear them & I'm glad I kept them!
on May 18, 2013
As far as I am concerned there are no boots that fit better than Frye. I have several, other brands that I enjoy wearing but none to this level of quality. With a little care and mink oil I plan to wear these boots for a long time.
on May 22, 2013
These boots look great and are quality made. However, I had difficulty getting my feet in. My shoe size is 9.5 W and I ordered a size 10 because I was afraid of this problem. It seems that I should have piurchased a size 10.5. Anyway, the boot was sent back the next day.
on July 2, 2013
Easily the most comfortable boot I own (and I own quite a few)
They do run a little larger, much like others said, but that said my solution was to add one of those Dr Scholl's insole's you can pick up here on Amazon or in any drugstore. That solved the problem. I ordered 2 pairs and actually found that even though that 8.5 ran a little large it still fit better than 8.
on September 20, 2011
Great Boot, the worn in effect looks quality along with the build of this boot.
I did however have to return the original boot, as i had ordered a sz 11 mens and they ran quite large. so i returned and re-ordered a 10.5.
the 10.5 is not snug tight (which is how i like my shoes) but fits much better than the 11. which is my usual shoe size.

Super comfy insoles.

The part above the buckle and heel is very tight at first to fit your foot through. But this was easily fixed by sliding my foot in a plastic bag and stretching the leather with my foot. Creating that perfect FIT!!!
on May 7, 2013
I specifically went out of my way and expense to pick up a quality, American made boot.

Turns out that this only does one of those things. It is a quality boot but I had to find out after receiving the boots that they are made in Mexico.

Otherwise, they are very comfortable. I picked a half size down based on other people's experience with Frye boots and it was a tight fit to get inside the boot. But once my foot's inside it's really comfortable.

If you look at the black rogan, you'll see its made in Mexico. Not so much with the stone. I deducted one star for that missing in the description.
on January 12, 2014
I really like the way these boots feel. A little tough to get on the first time, but after that it's no problem. I really like the way they look, the distressed look is cool. I would definitely recommend these and any of the other 4 pairs of Frye boots I have to anyone. You can't go wrong. I only wear 2 different brands of boots and these are one of them.
on January 24, 2013
I love these boots. I've had the boots a couple months now, so I've had plenty of time to form a solid opinion of them. But from the first day I put them on, they felt as comfortable as slippers. The leather is worn in just right, nice and supple but not flopping all over the place. I have 7 or 8 pairs of sneakers, some dress shoes and another pair of Frye boots. These Rogans are hands down more comfortable than all of them.

I wear these on my motorcycle, on hikes through dirt trails, all day at work, walking, bicycling ... pretty much any time I leave the house now, I throw these on. The 2nd day I had them, I wore them walking around all night on Halloween, for about 4 hours. Zero discomfort, it was amazing. Heck, I've even come home from work and fallen asleep with these things still on my feet.

For me, there really is no downside to these boots. Then there's of course the aesthetics of the boots. They look awesome, nuff said. Although I'd imagine they'd look goofy in shorts ;)

So far they're holding up great. I've already put them through some heavy use and plan on putting them through much more. Price might be a bit high to some, but these are worth every penny. I wear between a size 9-10 in all my other shoes, my Rogans are a 9 and the fit is perfect.

Far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with these. They're durable, look great and fit great. Can't really ask for much more !