5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them!
Published on April 6, 2012 by Amy

1.0 out of 5 stars I Believe These Are Fake...Beware!
Published 11 months ago by WA Shopper

1.0 out of 5 stars I Believe These Are Fake...Beware!, February 26, 2014
I have returned these "Frye" boots and ordered replacements directly from Frye. I received these boots in a non-Frye shoe box (just a large cardboard box). This alarmed me since I store my boots out of season in their sleeves/stuffed/with in original box. NO GENUINE $400 SHOES COME IN A PLAIN CRAPPY CARDBOARD BOX! (No Frye label, no Frye name even written on the box with a sharpie lol). Then while examining the boots closer it was obvious these were previously worn. Lots of scuffs/spots/scratches on the leather and soles. Also had glue on seams...the list goes on and on but I took pictures : ) The leather did not feel soft like my other Frye boots, and did not smell like $400 leather boots should when they are now, out-of-the-box. I contacted the company who (although pleasant) could not vouch for their authenticity and could not explain how they were box-less and damaged. Their solution was to REORDER THEN RETURN to ensure I didn't receive the same pair...As if I was going to give them ANOTHER $400...To top it all off I waited a week for them to arrive after paying full price anyway...I now have re-ordered this pair of boots from Frye directly and should have done so in the first place. Unless you are a previous Frye boot owner you probably would not have known these have several small differences (like tag placement, underlying seam running from toe to top of shaft..etc) which prove to me they are not real Frye boots. I have also sent my pics and this info the Frye since they have a whole page dedicated to stopping these counterfeit boots from being sold....so disappointing all around.

So my fellow online-shopping-bootaholics, beware of these boots! It was bad enough my $500+ shoe order was not sent in the 2 days as promised, but I feel the product was absolutely not genuine and that I was being scammed...despite them being defective and worthy or a return had they been legit anyway. Customer service was not offering a practical solution (as I suggested to just send me a legitimate box for them) They said they only had 2 pairs in my size remaining in stock so they couldn't do that....even though I would send them back their plain old box they sent this defective pair to me in. They really just wanted me to re-order another pair first so obviously they wanted my money and not my satisfaction..just further proving to me they wanted back these boots I clearly found them to be passing off as authentic..all I asked was for a not-damaged, genuine pair of Frye boots (at full price) as they claim to be selling. SO DISAPPOINTED as a wait another week for these boots to arrive directly from Frye!

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Boots, April 27, 2013
Love the style and fit of these boots, but beware - very slipery soles, even when they have been worn in. Also, very hard to get them off, and be careful not to pull too hard as i've noticed that the sole starts to seperate a bit if you pull them off too hard

1.0 out of 5 stars These boots are fake, December 23, 2014
I ordered these as a gift for my girlfriend. She sent me the link to the boots that these are supposed to be on the Frye web site. Being the deal finder that I am, I searched around elsewhere to find them. Since I wasn't 100% sure that these are the same boots that my girlfriend picked out, I ordered one pair from Frye and one from Amazon to compare since both sites offer free return shipping. Well they both came and while they are a very, very good knock-off, they are most certainly fake. The label was the dead give away as it is not sown in to the boot lining the way real Frye boots are. The stitching is also obviously of lesser quality and the lining just doesn't have the same feel as the real ones. Do not buy these unless you are OK with fakes.

2.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted them to work - the leather was like butter and they are a very nice looking boot, October 30, 2014
This review is from: FRYE Women's Paige Tall Riding Boot (Apparel)
Calf was too small for my large calves. My calves measure 15 1/2 and once I tried to tuck in pants/leggings, forget it. They cut off circulation and gathered at the ankles. I so wanted them to work - the leather was like butter and they are a very nice looking boot. Very disappointed that they don't fit us large calved women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them!, April 6, 2012
I love these boots. They run a little big and I got a half size down (normally a 10 got a 9 & 1/2. I have larger calves (15" circumference) and they work for me. The Dark brown is a nice color that can be dressy or casual. The low heel makes these boots pretty comfortable. They broke in nicely. I wore them around the house for about 6-8 hours and now they feel great. The one struggle is getting them off!

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE BOOTS BEWARE!!!!, December 1, 2014
I bought these because they were "on sale" for $222. I had a pair of real frye boots from zappos at home for comparison, and immediately looking at the sole you see a HUGE difference. If you're gonna be spending $200+ on a pair of boots, it better be real leather!! NOT genuine fryes!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved... but had to return, October 25, 2012
This boot is gorgeous. Everything I wanted... but just couldn't get the darn thing over the heel of my foot. It just got stuck at the narrowest part of the shaft down near the ankle. I have had this happen before with Cole Haan boots as well as another brand. If there is no zipper, I have a hard time getting my foot down in there! Otherwise, it would have fit great and looked great. Ended up with another pair of boots with a half zip down near the ankle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if it was not true Frye boot!!!, December 15, 2014
Fit was great. But it did not come with the Frye box. Not sure if it was too good to be true. It may be a knock-off and not the real thing!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Much hype over nothing, December 10, 2014
mom of 4! (brunswick ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FRYE Women's Paige Tall Riding Boot (Apparel)
Whats the hype about FRYE boots? The inner lining said "Made in Mexico". The leather felt stiff and fake. Very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars defective, February 18, 2014
I purchased these for my daughter for her birthday. She loved them, but when she tried them on she noticed one of the shoes was not sewn on the pull tab. We were very disapointed with the quaility as were have always heard frye was the best boots and she has waited so long to get a pair. I contacted amazon that same night to return them.