5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I imagined!!
Published on July 20, 2012 by Beegz wife

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but odd fit
I read the other reviews about the boot running big so I ordered 7 1/2 and 8 (I am normally an 8). I couldn't get the 7 1/2 on. It was a struggle to get the 8 on but once on, the heel slipped constantly. The shaft was way too big especially around the ankles. I have thin calves and ankles so it is hard to find boots that fit. Some of the reviews said these had a narrow...
Published 19 months ago by Carolyn D

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I imagined!!, July 20, 2012
I was all over the place trying to decide if I was going to bite the bullet and buy these boots. Oh My Gosh! I LOVE them! I didn't even have the box lid off and I could already smell the leather. They feel amazing!! There is adequate cushion in the sole and the scalloped edges are a beautiful touch. I guess I would consider myself petite, so I loved that the shaft was somewhat narrow. However, they were a cinch to get on and off. I was so pleased since I usually have the problem of looking like I'm wearing galoshes because they look so big around my calf. I cannot wait to wear them with a pair of shorts or a skirt for summer and then with my favorite skinny jeans once the weather cools! Glad that I snagged these when I did because I am going to wear the heck out of these boots!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 9, 2013
Shopped around forever for boots and settled on these when they went on sale. Love them. Mostly writing a review for sizing purposes because that can be difficult. I am between a 7.5 and an 8. I have a wide foot. I ordered an 8 and went back and forth as to whether or not I should return them for a 7.5. They are tiny bit big, but are fine with thick socks. After wearing them in for about a week, I am glad that I kept this size. They are very comfortable. SO, if you have a narrow foot, probably go w/ the smaller size if you are between sizes, and if you have a wide foot like me, go w/ the larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further, perfect hybrid boot, October 24, 2013
Do you find yourself wanting to get a pair of boots winter after winter but end up disappointed thinking, "maybe I'm just not a boot person" or "I can't pull this look off" or "my legs aren't the right shape for these boots" ? Welcome to my life. I have been looking for the perfect boot for about 2 years now. Always loved the look but could never quite find a boot that my legs didn't look like they were drowning in. I had almost given up until I saw these boots on Emily on the bachelorette (that show is my guilty pleasure). Loved how she paired them with shorts and thought it was adorbs.

I must confess, since then I have been lusting after these boots for about a year now. It's as if a cowboy boot and a riding boot made love and had this beautiful hybrid baby. After receiving a coupon code that I could not resist I took the plunge and bought these. I normally don't spend a lot of money on shoes but I've heard from many sources that Frye boots last forever, are timeless, and worth the money...I couldn't agree more.

They fit great around my calves (I have slim legs) and I've worn them under jeans, with shorts and dresses and with skinny jeans. I ordered down a half size because of all the reviews (THANK YOU BTW) (normally wear 8.5 and ordered a size 8). They do look distressed as advertised but I love it. I got the dark antique brown and it's actually lighter than I expected but not disappointed at all. The leather smells AMAZING so much so I want to chew it (too far?). Since I'm new to the boot club, FYI wear good socks with them. I wore them with socks that didn't have a tight elastic and when the sock slips down to your feet it's sups uncomfortable and makes it kind of awkward when you have to take the whole boot off barefoot to rearrange your crappy sock. Oh and if you're wondering, they are comfortable, didn't have to break them in.

5.0 out of 5 stars My search for the perfect boot can finally end!!, February 17, 2014
This review is from: FRYE Women's Carson Lug Riding Boot (Shoes)
I absolutely love these boots. I drooled over them for years before I finally purchased them at Christmas. The sale was too amazing to pass up. As recommended I ordered my normal size 9 and a size 8 1/2. I also ordered them in dark brown and cognac as I couldn't decide without seeing them in person. I thought I would write a rather specific review because I would have loved a review like this when I was trying to decide what to buy.

Color- The Dark brown boots in this style were gorgeous. However, I would call them more of a deep brownish burgundy. I was looking for a more true brown color and so I chose the cognac. The cognac does have a rust tint however the dark polish on the boot really gives it that rustic brown look I was going for. I wish I could have afforded both of them!!

Size- I was very happy that I ordered both sizes. To be honest, I couldn't tell much difference in the two sizes except for when it came to the boot shaft! The shaft on the size 9 was quite a bit baggier on my skinny calf (12") and about 1 1/2 inches taller. I am 5'8" and the size 9 shaft came up to my knee, almost making them uncomfortable. The footbed of the 8 1/2 was maybe a tad smaller than the 9 footbed but was still a great fit. However, the shaft of the 8 1/2 fit so much better than the size nine! Less baggy and shorter (an inch below my knee) made it the perfect fit. If I had only ordered the 9 I probably would have kept it, thinking that it was a good fit but would have been disappointed in bagginess of the shaft. I would recommend ordering both sizes because Amazon has a great return policy!

Comfort- These boots were very comfortable right out of the box. They were a tad tight across the ball of my foot but stetched out only after a few days of wear. I have noticed that the instep area has stretched as well and they are no longer difficult to pull on. I would say these boots run narrow as I have a quite narrow foot. However, they have already stretched quite a bit so I don't think I would rule them out for a medium width foot. The footbed is cushy and the lug sole makes them perfect for wet slippery conditions. I also feel like the lug sole adds extra comfort and cushion.

Quality- I believe these boots are amazing quality. They are constructed with very thick, supple leather and smell wonderful out of the box.

Style- These boots are come very distressed looking. However, because I ordered two sizes in both colors I did notice that each of them looked quite different. The 9 chocolate brown almost had a dusty coating of wax on it and was not nearly as distressed as the 8 1/2 in the same color. So I have the feeling that each boot will look slightly different. The pair I kept was quite distressed but without the waxy coating. I absolutely love the distressed look. These fit perfectly over skinny jeans and also fit great with a boot cut jean. They look adorable with skirts and dresses. If the perfect cowboy boot and the perfect riding boot got together and had a baby….the Carson Lug would be that baby!!

I am so excited that my boot search is over. My only regret is that I could not keep two pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars buy these boots!, August 30, 2014
This review is from: FRYE Women's Carson Lug Riding Boot (Shoes)
These boots are perfect! I had to pull them on by the bootstraps ( yes, those little tabs do serve a purpose) and once on, the boots fit like a glove. My calf is 14.5 and I wear a 6.5 and this 6.5 is exact. The packaging was neat and classic. I have been wearing them around without socks and they are very comfortable and super easy to walk in on all types of terrain. Love the soles, no slipping, sliding or teetering around. Always wanted Frye boots and these are like a dream come true.
P.S. Don't be discouraged when you first try to get your foot in ... You will think they don't fit at all, but slip your foot in a plastic bag , lay on your back and pull them on by the bootstrap. The next time you wear them it will be quite easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots, but beware of sizing!, July 8, 2012
I love these boots! I ordered the dark brown and got them at an amazing price on Amazon. My only gripe is the sizing. I am not going to knock the boots themselves, though, because if I were trying these on in a store, it wouldn't be an issue. About me, I am 120 lbs. and almost 5'8", with narrower feet and a normal arch, with skinny legs/calves, and wear a 7 to a 7.5 (and typically more of a 7.5 or a 7.5N if I can find them) in most shoes. Originally, I had ordered these boots on another site in a 7.5M and they were WAY too big. So when I found them on Amazon in a 7M, I jumped at them. I also wished that Amazon had them in a 6.5, as I would have ordered both and returned those that did not fit, because the price on Amazon was unbeatable. I received them promptly (ordered on a Sunday, received on Wednesday) and wiggled my feet in. They were definitely too big, unless I had really thick socks on. I lucked out finding the 6.5M on the site I had originally ordered the 7.5's and ordered them. The Amazon boots were returned, but the 6.5M were just what I needed. I love the boots and finding what fit was obviously worth it. So, take note, sizing down may be required. Order from a site with a great return policy, you may really need it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot, October 10, 2012
When I opened my box I looked at the boot and thought I had gotten a worn pair. After going back to look at the pics I realized that's how they come. Very distressed. That said, I love them. Right below my knee, I'm 5.5 and the calf is perfect. They don't sag and they couldn't be any cuter. The dark brown has a lot of burnt red in it which I didn't expect from the pics. They run 1/2 size big. Order down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for skinny legs, August 14, 2013
This review is from: FRYE Women's Carson Lug Riding Boot (Shoes)
I shied away from these last year because of all of the reviews stating that they run really narrow in the calf. I figured I could always get them stretched if they came anywhere close to fitting my legs. I have thicker calves which are about 15 1/2 in, and I could fit into these just fine without getting them stretched. I also had no problem tucking them into my jeans. I did order my normal size 9, and they fit perfectly. Yes, they are pretty tough to get your foot into, but it's not impossible! It takes a little pushing and pulling, just like some other Frye boots that I have. And there's always the plastic bag trick! I also ordered both the cognac and dark brown because I couldn't make up my mind on which color to order. The dark brown is absolutely gorgeous! The cognac is definitely more distressed, but still very fun. Now I just have to decide which ones to keep!

5.0 out of 5 stars love my frye, December 11, 2013
Best boots ever. This is my second. I have the same boots in black. I have narrow calves. These fit perfectly. They have a narrow shaft and look great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, October 12, 2014
My first pair of Frye, I love them! I wear size 7 and that's what I ordered, I.wouldn't have gone down a half size, even though they are some roomier than what I'm used to. They are very difficult to get on the first 2-3 times, but after that, no problem! We'll made, I would highly recommend!

FRYE Women's Carson Lug Riding Boot