Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 7, 2012
I love these boots! They are exactly what I've been looking for- a classic style that I can wear for years. I ordered a size 9 and they fit my 14" calves just fine with plenty of room for skinny jeans. The color redwood is a warm brown- not as red as I was hoping for. But it's not the cool chocolate brown either. It's a blend of rich warm cherry and brown. These boots will go with everything and i can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can wer then! Overall I'm beyond pleased.
on December 2, 2014
Really good quality boots! They are a little stiff, however, it is leather so it was expected. Just need some breaking in. I got the redwood color and really like them...unique. More of a red/black than red/brown. I love how tall they are, I'm 5"7 with long legs and they are right under my knee. I had no trouble getting them in. I normally run 91/2 but got the 9 and they fit good, even a little more room! Happy with them :)
review image
on May 12, 2013
I normally wear a 7 to 7.5 shoe, so I ordered the 7.5. My foot fits fine once it's in the boot, but putting them on and taking them off is VERY hard. It is incredibly tight around the ankle, so do NOT order a size smaller for any reason. You'll also need thin socks to let your foot slide through as easily as possible. Once they're on, they look great and it's obvious they're a high quality shoe.

Pros:
These boots look amazing, and really stand out against cheaper riding boot styles.
If you need a tighter fitting calf, this is it.
The leather is sturdy and obviously of a very high quality. Once you've worn them enough to break them in, they'll fit really well.

Cons:
Getting your foot in and out of this boot is really hard! Like, REALLY hard. They probably should have put a zipper on these.
Because the leather is thick and stiff, the boot won't bend with your foot the first few times you wear them. My feet were really sore after the first day!
If you don't have very thin calves, you probably won't be able to get these on. You'll also need to always wear skinny jeans, riding pants or leggings. No thick pants or socks will fit in here!
on April 10, 2013
The boots are typical Frye...very nice quality. However, I did not realize they did not have a zipper. They're all but impossible to get on. I've managed twice, thinking they'd break in, but it's just not happening. I would wear them more if I could get them on easier, but I feel like I've wasted a lot of money.
on January 30, 2015
You get what you pay for with these sale Frye boots. I am at a loss for words trying to describe how poorly these boots are made. Oddly enough, the shoes are baggy around the ankle and tight everywhere else. I have never had a problem with Frye boots, but these are TACKY! I will be shipping these back immediately for a full refund. It's appalling how these shoes foot for such a high priced, high quality brand. I would not recommend wasting your time with the Lindsay Plate boot, despite the great price point. Frye this is a HUGE disappointment!
review image review image
on November 9, 2013
When ordering Frye boots, you expect quality. These boots held up to that expectation and more. Excellent quality leather and craftsmanship-better than I could find in any store! True to size- I am an 8 in anything flat, and the 8 fits perfectly. This is the second pair of Frye boots I have purchased, and I am in love with both pairs. I rarely spend a large amount of money on ANYTHING, but I feel these boots were worth it. My other pair of Frye boots are two years old and are holding up beautifully, despite the fact I wear them more days than not! I anticipate these to last longer, as they have a reinforced rubber sole, unlike my other pair that are wood/leather combo soles. These fit skinny jeans in them just fine, and were a little loose in the calf when I wore leggings with them, but not so loose that it looked badly. The shaft is more on the stiff side and hold their shape well, yet they feel like they mold to you while wearing. I feel this is on par for any true riding style boot. These boots are excellent multi-tasters for your wardrobe- dress up or dress down and they fit right in! Amazon gave me a great price and allowed me to make the decision quite easily. Paid for one day shipping ( only a few dollars more) because I wanted them to wear out the next night, and they showed up in plenty of time-only about 18 hrs after I placed the order.
on August 8, 2014
I am very pleased with this purchase. Frye boots are a HUGE investment, but one worth making because they last.
As with all Frye boots I have to order a half size down (I typically wear a 7.5-8 in shoes and wear a 7 in Frye boots)...
I was worried about the other reviews that stated they were practically impossible to slip into, but they are not unmanageable at all. I will admit they are a bit tight around my calf which I never have an issue with because I am on the slender side, but again, they will stretch and wear. I was worried about the color being a little TOOOO worn looking, but the craftsmanship is unparalleled and they are better than they appear in the picture.
They are very comfortable right now but I know I will have to break them in with time as well.
Frye boots are worth every penny.
on November 20, 2012
I was so excited to receive these boots, and even more excited when I opened them. They were so beautiful. However, I was so sad when I tried them on. I ordered a 7.5, which is my size, and I am a petite size 4. By no means would I say I have large calves, but I do exercise, so my legs are a bit muscular. It was a huge struggle to get the boots on, and once I did, I could not get them pulled up over my calves. The calf circumference is very small. I am very sad to return these boots, because they are gorgeous. Make sure you measure your calves before ordering!
on March 4, 2015
My wife bought these boots so I'm cutting and pasting her review:

I am normally a 7.5 in Frye products. I wear a 38 in Dansko products, and I wear a size 8 in running shoes (adidas, Brooks, and Mizuno). I know that would have been very helpful if someone else put their sizes in other brands to give a comparison. I have skinny calves. I think they are almost 13 inches, and the Frye Melissa Frye and Frye Philip Harness boots fit my calves comfortably without making them look like twigs sticking out of a pair of boots. I have somewhat narrow feet and my ankles are also narrow as well, but they are from the running I do which give my legs a lean and narrow look. After reading many reviews about the Lindsay boot, and going against what most said about them running on the larger side, I went with my gut and ordered a size 7.5. After receiving them and wearing them right out of the box they were big. Not huge, but the shaft was big and my feet had a little too much wiggle room, which would not have been an issue if I didn't have narrow ankles and calves. The heel slipped when I wore them and I returned them and ordered a size 7. When the size 7 boots arrived I put them on right after I had run 7 miles, and the fit was perfect (my feet slightly swell after I run so it was a good test because I often run during lunch during the workday, so this would mean I could wear these to work and not worry about them not fitting after my lunch run). The shaft was not huge and the foot bed fit was comfortable, and the ankle part is roomy but not big. There was no slipping of the heel when I walked. Wearing the boots with thick socks will not be comfy but with dress socks they are perfect (with or without slight swelling from running). The black color is perfect, looks rich, and the quality is as expected from a Frye boot, which is top notch. I will be keeping these boots. If you are reading this review and you have a standard size in Frye boots, then I would recommend order a half size smaller because these boots run on the big side - a lot of other reviews state this as wel;. Also, if your have muscular or bigger calves, I am afraid to say these boots are not for you. If you read this review I hope it helped.
on February 12, 2014
I had wanted Fryes for a long time, and I absolutely adore these boots. The fit was challenging: I'm slender and have slender feet and ankles, but I had to get the boots stretched by a cobbler so I could even get them on. I also ordered a full size larger than I normally wear. The boots are pretty snug on my calves, and again, I'm slender (some would say scrawny), so be aware that this may be an issue. The boots are absolutely gorgeous, though - beautiful leather, good craftsmanship, and comfortable to walk in daily...and I walk around 7 miles daily in Boston. Bear with them during the break-in period and you'll have boots that will last forever.