5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them!
Published on April 6, 2012 by Amy

1.0 out of 5 stars I Believe These Are Fake...Beware!
Published 10 months ago by WA Shopper

1.0 out of 5 stars I Believe These Are Fake...Beware!, February 26, 2014
I have returned these "Frye" boots and ordered replacements directly from Frye. I received these boots in a non-Frye shoe box (just a large cardboard box). This alarmed me since I store my boots out of season in their sleeves/stuffed/with in original box. NO GENUINE $400 SHOES COME IN A PLAIN CRAPPY CARDBOARD BOX! (No Frye label, no Frye name even written on the box with a sharpie lol). Then while examining the boots closer it was obvious these were previously worn. Lots of scuffs/spots/scratches on the leather and soles. Also had glue on seams...the list goes on and on but I took pictures : ) The leather did not feel soft like my other Frye boots, and did not smell like $400 leather boots should when they are now, out-of-the-box. I contacted the company who (although pleasant) could not vouch for their authenticity and could not explain how they were box-less and damaged. Their solution was to REORDER THEN RETURN to ensure I didn't receive the same pair...As if I was going to give them ANOTHER $400...To top it all off I waited a week for them to arrive after paying full price anyway...I now have re-ordered this pair of boots from Frye directly and should have done so in the first place. Unless you are a previous Frye boot owner you probably would not have known these have several small differences (like tag placement, underlying seam running from toe to top of shaft..etc) which prove to me they are not real Frye boots. I have also sent my pics and this info the Frye since they have a whole page dedicated to stopping these counterfeit boots from being sold....so disappointing all around.

So my fellow online-shopping-bootaholics, beware of these boots! It was bad enough my $500+ shoe order was not sent in the 2 days as promised, but I feel the product was absolutely not genuine and that I was being scammed...despite them being defective and worthy or a return had they been legit anyway. Customer service was not offering a practical solution (as I suggested to just send me a legitimate box for them) They said they only had 2 pairs in my size remaining in stock so they couldn't do that....even though I would send them back their plain old box they sent this defective pair to me in. They really just wanted me to re-order another pair first so obviously they wanted my money and not my satisfaction..just further proving to me they wanted back these boots I clearly found them to be passing off as authentic..all I asked was for a not-damaged, genuine pair of Frye boots (at full price) as they claim to be selling. SO DISAPPOINTED as a wait another week for these boots to arrive directly from Frye!

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Boots, April 27, 2013
Love the style and fit of these boots, but beware - very slipery soles, even when they have been worn in. Also, very hard to get them off, and be careful not to pull too hard as i've noticed that the sole starts to seperate a bit if you pull them off too hard

2.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted them to work - the leather was like butter and they are a very nice looking boot, October 30, 2014
Calf was too small for my large calves. My calves measure 15 1/2 and once I tried to tuck in pants/leggings, forget it. They cut off circulation and gathered at the ankles. I so wanted them to work - the leather was like butter and they are a very nice looking boot. Very disappointed that they don't fit us large calved women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them!, April 6, 2012
I love these boots. They run a little big and I got a half size down (normally a 10 got a 9 & 1/2. I have larger calves (15" circumference) and they work for me. The Dark brown is a nice color that can be dressy or casual. The low heel makes these boots pretty comfortable. They broke in nicely. I wore them around the house for about 6-8 hours and now they feel great. The one struggle is getting them off!

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved... but had to return, October 25, 2012
This boot is gorgeous. Everything I wanted... but just couldn't get the darn thing over the heel of my foot. It just got stuck at the narrowest part of the shaft down near the ankle. I have had this happen before with Cole Haan boots as well as another brand. If there is no zipper, I have a hard time getting my foot down in there! Otherwise, it would have fit great and looked great. Ended up with another pair of boots with a half zip down near the ankle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if it was not true Frye boot!!!, December 15, 2014
Fit was great. But it did not come with the Frye box. Not sure if it was too good to be true. It may be a knock-off and not the real thing!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking boot, December 17, 2013
Happy Shopper (Fairfield County, CT) - See all my reviews
but that's about all I can say in favor of this boot. The 8 was way too big (foot and calf) and the 7.5 wouldn't even go on my feet. In my opinion, this is clearly a design flaw; once I saw that Frye boots aren't made in the USA anymore I understood the lack of consistency and quality. Bye bye, Frye…...

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE BOOTS BEWARE!!!!, December 1, 2014
This review is from: FRYE Women's Paige Tall Riding Boot (Apparel)
I bought these because they were "on sale" for $222. I had a pair of real frye boots from zappos at home for comparison, and immediately looking at the sole you see a HUGE difference. If you're gonna be spending $200+ on a pair of boots, it better be real leather!! NOT genuine fryes!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful. Simple and unadorned riding boot, September 26, 2012
I have Frye oxfords and have been dying to try their tall boots. I wanted a tall, flat boot with minimum adornments. Saw the price drop (insane!) on these Paige Tall boots on amazon.com and finally pulled the trigger. I am so glad I did. Mine arrived with no scratches or rub marks. The leather is thick and very good quality.
Now, the calves issue. My parents fondly refer to my calves as "radish shaped." I am a long-distance runner and have issues with skinny jeans. But surprise, these boots fit just fine. I had no problems "stepping in" them and didn't even need to utilize any tricks to get my feet in. The tops are kind of flared. I would not consider this a very fitted boot.
I usually need 28-30" inseam. these boots go all the way to the bottom of my kneecaps. They rub the backs of my knees when I bend. But weird me, I prefer tall boots.
Lastly, like the Frye oxfords I own, the soles are slick. They'll slip and slide on marble floors. So be forewarned.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really a casual boot, January 7, 2014
The space around the ankle is really wide/large so the boot does not look well with skinny jeans. Fits wide around ankle than a traditional cowboy boot.

FRYE Women's Paige Tall Riding Boot