5.0 out of 5 stars Now this is a Camera!
I really like this camera so far. It shoots amazingly detailed pictures. It is easy to use, looks cool and has awesome battery life.

It takes AA batteries (4). I have had it a couple weeks and have been using it a lot and so far have not had to change them.

Published on July 9, 2007 by Kevin Persell

2.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete
Received camera in good time. Item was not as described. The camera did not have a lens cap or a carrying strap, all indications of a refurbished rather than new product.
Published on July 8, 2010 by JerryB

5.0 out of 5 stars Now this is a Camera!, July 9, 2007
This review is from: FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA (Electronics)

What else can I say? This camera is a pleasure to own. I did a lot of research, as always, and chose this one. It had great reviews in Consumer Reports, for one thing, and other models have been well-reviewed.

I did purchase a Kodak sub-compact camera before this one... I returned it and got this one instead. Boy, am I glad I did.

Update: 7-28-07. I am still taking pictures with the original batteries I put in! That is amazing. I took it camping, and took several hundred pictures. The pictures are great... really clear.

Update: 09-01-07. I finally replaced the batteries. After carrying around this one on several trips, I can say easily this is still a great camera! Having a smaller camera that I could fit in my pocket might be nice. However, I would trade quality over smallness any day. This is an awesome camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Camera, August 19, 2007
This review is from: FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA (Electronics)
easy to use, beautiful pictures, light weight. I picked up the xd card to go with it. So far I've had no problems other than I wanted to take it on the vacation before I bought it but I'm glad I waited because it came out after the vacation. I love the zoom and the macro/super macro abilities. I'd never been able to catch a butterfly on film before but this is quick enough and has a wonderful zoom that I can stand 5 ft away and get a clear picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use. Nice step towards an SLR, May 14, 2008
FinePix S5700 Digital Camera

I love this camera. I looked at many cameras online, comparing their features, and have not been disappointed so far. I didn't want to spend the money on an SLR, but the FujiFilm S5700 is a nice step towards an SLR. It has many easy to use features and settings.

It is lightweight, easy to hold, and the buttons are conveniently located. It also has a mode which allows the camera to take two consecutive shots - one with a flash, and one without, in case you are unsure. For low light conditions, it has a feature with which you can adjust your ISO, allowing you to take advantage of natural light.

It has a larger 2.5 inch screen, which is great for seeing your shots. It's great on batteries; doesn't wear them down too quickly, and I've gotten so many compliments on the pictures I've taken. I purchased the S5700 just before our vacation this year, and haven't been able to put it down since. I am especially pleased with it's macro abilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, January 16, 2009
This review is from: FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA (Electronics)
I researched this product and the S700 along with a Kodak and others before I bought. The reviews said either this camera was not good enough because it has no 'picture stabilization'. Well I took pixs of my grandkids on Xmas and they were running around all over and every pix came out perfectly clear! Reviews also said there was a problem with 'red eye'. Not! And the flash does not pop up when you turn the camera on! Set on Auto the flash will pop up only when needed. I am an amateur and I find this camera in no way too complicated to use correctly. I live in Idaho and we get a lot of really overcast and dreary days here in winter. But I took a pix of a frozen waterfall downtown through the car window and the pix turned out beautifully!! I am using it as my desktop background and get many compliments. So I feel I stole this camera for the price I paid. Thanks Amazon!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, great price, August 4, 2009
This review is from: FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA (Electronics)
We purchased this camera to replace our old Fuji FinePix (forgot the model number). It takes great quality pictures once you figure out all the functions. The only problem is the response time, which is quite long, so if you need to take one picture soon after another, you might find it a little inconvenient. It's also very bulky, definitely not the one you can easily carry with you everywhere. But overall, it's a great camera at a very reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars FineIx S5700, December 19, 2007
This review is from: FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA (Electronics)
Very nice camera. It has the look and feel of the old 'analog' SLR camera's, with great features, and doesn't have a big price-tag. Also, the FinePix software is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera, May 20, 2010
This review is from: FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA (Electronics)
I have been very satisfied with this camera -- I've had it for about two years now, and have taken thousands of photos.

I take a lot of detailed photos of plants and fungi, and this camera produces extremely high-quality images. The manual controls are very nice (focus, shutter speed, aperture, zoom, etc.) and are all relatively easy to use (although, I wish that it had a focus ring, instead of having to use the zoom switch). The documentation that came with the camera was very extensive, and I had few questions left over about how to use the camera after browsing through it.

Great camera for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome camera even though I am photographically challenged, July 22, 2009
Inforesource (Kansas City, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA (Electronics)
I bought this camera over a year ago and just love it. It takes clear shots, has a long battery life, and settings for everything from snow scenes, fireworks, sporting events and landscapes. As someone who loves to take pictures but clueless about the technical side, this is the perfect camera. It does take a while to get familiar with all of the advanced settings and choices, I kept the manual in my camera bag for months and it is now dog-eared, from referring back to it. The only downside is that this is not a put in your back pocket camera. It is fairly large and bulky, but I just use my camera bag to tote it around. It is also very rugged, I dropped it several months ago and it still works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, January 2, 2008
This review is from: FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA (Electronics)
I was looking for a good family camera that I could use with ease. I love it. It is substancial when it is held. My husband needs to look through the eye piece and it is perfect for him. Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome and love it lots, November 24, 2011
This review is from: FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA (Electronics)
I have had this camera for about 4 years now and love it. I have used it, abused it, and pushed it beyond what it is supposed to be capable of doing. I am only now finding that I have to upgrade to something newer so that I can push myself further. I have won many awards with the photos I have taken using this amazing little camera, and have had professionals asking about the equipment I use...they are very surprised when I tell them (this is not saying it is a professional grade camera, but it is great for the beginner). It does have some quirks but when you get to know your camera, you learn to work around them or use them to your advantage. If I do upgrade I will pass this on to my teen daughter and see what magic she can create with it. [...] love fuji products. Maybe someday I will look into another brand, but for now I am loyal.

FUJI FINEPIX S5700 DIGITAL CAMERA