THE FUNNIEST LINE IN A MOVIE EVER!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2007 6:14:34 PM PDT
The Demon says:
"Jimmy, have you ever seen a grown man naked?", PETER GRAVES-AIRPLANE. This has to be THE FUNNIEST LINE EVER!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2009 12:22:35 PM PST
I think "I'll have what she's having" from WHEN HARRY MET SALLY beats that one...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2009 1:31:40 AM PST
winona1717 says:
"Third test today, Mama Bear. Your eggo is preggo, no doubt about it." (Rainn Wilson - Juno)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2009 6:54:47 PM PST
Music Lover says:
"Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!" - (Kitty Farmer - Donnie Darko)

Posted on Jul 28, 2009 10:46:46 PM PDT
J. P. Demers says:
"Youts?" (The judge in "My Cousin Vinny")

Posted on Aug 26, 2009 8:14:58 PM PDT
In History of the World Part I, during the Rome scene, Josephus (Gregory Hines) is walking along and Oedipus is walking in front of him wearing sunglasses and shouting "Give to Oedipus! Give to Oedipus!" Josephus walks up behind him and Oedipus puts his hand back and says "Say Josephus!" Josephus (slapping the hand) replies: "Say MotherF#$@er!"

I didn't catch it on my first viewing, but Oedipus is the "original" "mother$%@##$"

Posted on Mar 15, 2010 7:43:04 AM PDT
L. Peter says:
Has anyone seen Juno, Donie Darko, My Cousin or History?
There are more famous one-liners in 30 minutes of Airplane than in all these others combined - and EVERYONE knows them.
Yes, the Harry met Sally line is famous - but its the only one from the movie. The only movie that comes close to Airplane for one-liners is Caddyshack.
Its in the Hole!

Posted on Mar 15, 2010 10:32:29 PM PDT
Can I help, I speak jive...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2010 12:21:58 PM PDT
"Airplane!" is one of my all-time favorites, and is certainly one of the very funniest films ever made. But as for the funniest line... I would give that to "The Thin Man", where Nick and Nora are reading the newspaper accounts of the break-in at their apartment, and discussing how many times Nick was shot. As this is an even more-classic film than "Airplane!", rent it and see for yourself.

Posted on Sep 9, 2010 9:11:58 AM PDT
M. Browne says:
Assault with a concrete DILDO? (Nancy Marchand, NAKED GUN)

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 3:31:59 PM PDT
Rich Horch says:
How about Planes, Trains, & Automobiles: "You play with your balls a lot." "I do NOT play with my balls." "Are you kidding? Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball handling in one night as you do in an hour!" "Are you trying to start a fight?" "No. I'm just saying you fidget with your nuts a lot." "You know what would make me really happy?" "Another set of balls & a couple of extra fingers?"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2007
Latest post:  Oct 30, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Airplane [VHS]
Airplane [VHS] by Robert Hays (VHS Tape - 1997)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,479)