4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Home Office
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

Love the table except the cardboard back. I wish they would have stated this in the Description box. I'm not using this against the wall so takes away from the desk because of this only 3 stars
Published 14 months ago by nicknack81

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Home Office, June 24, 2013
This review is from: BUSH FURNITURE Bush Furniture Harvest Espresso OakCabot Collection-60-inch L-Desk, Espresso Oak (Misc.)
When it came time to furnish our home office we looked for a practical desk. We needed something that would go in the corner and have plenty of desk space, this model was just right. it does not take too much space in the room and has plenty of work space for documents our 42 in LCD TV and a laptop. Yes the assembly of the desk is daunting and may seem overwhelming but if you take your time and follow the directions 3 -4 hours and you got a SOLID desk. We looked at furniture stores but nothing under 599 for the size that we were looking at. I have never purchased furniture from online before but I am extremely satisfied with the desk... It is perfect if you have a computer tower because it has a place for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be intimidated by other reviews, January 22, 2014
I'm a 22 year old gal who, on a good day, can tell the difference between a wrench and a ratchet. I am not handy. Having said that, this desk was NOT that difficult to put together. It took me about 3 hours (including gabbing with coworkers in between), I had no help, and I made no mistakes. Other reviewers make it sound like this is the rubik's cube version of a desk. It is NOT that bad!!!! The instruction manual wasn't great, but if you just let yourself take a moment to get used to it and follow the pictures, you'll be fine. It calls for a second person but again, I managed it just fine on my own. I enjoyed putting it together, and the results were gratifying!

Does it look like a thousand-dollar desk? No. Does it look nice, though? Yes. very. It is extremely sturdy. Everything fit well together. The color is a very nice, rich, extremely dark brown. It is well represented in the photo. The desk is a little higher than what most are used to, but I love the height. Any regular office chair will do just fine.

The key to putting this desk together: USE A POWER DRILL OR POWER SCREWDRIVER. I cannot imagine putting this thing together with a manual screwdriver. It would take forever. Use a drill and you will save yourself a ton of grief and a whole lot of time.

Overall, for what it is, I love it. The price is more than reasonable and I am very pleased with the product. Do not be intimidated by other reviews. I even have the desk facing out where everyone who walks through my office door sees what other reviewers call the "ugly" backside. In my opinion, it looks just fine. No need to place against a wall or hide in a corner!

Very pleased and would order again!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hate cardboard backing but pretty good desk in up against wall, November 30, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I really do love this desk, June 21, 2013
I love everything about it. It's very tall so lots of room between my knees and the bottom of the desk. I love that it has four USB ports on top of the desk. But anyone tells you it was easy to put together...........NOT! Very heavy and a whole lot of hardware. Still, directions were pretty clear. Good idea to have two people reading them, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great desk!, April 10, 2014
I really like the desk. Once it's all put together, the desk looks pretty slick. The cabinet's rated for 25 lbs, so if, for whatever reason, your tower weighs more than that, consider a work around. There's plenty of storage space above and below the desk.

I was able to put the desk together myself with out the assistant in the directions. If you keep your joints loose until everything is together, you can tighten them to a snug fit as intended. Assembly will take a considerable amount of time. The desk is dark, but it is not quite black. A dark brown chair does not stand out.

The two hassles of assembly are installing the cabinet door and securing the two back panels. For the cabinet door, the picture is not entirely accurate, and if you try inserting the door linkages into the wall mounts, the whole thing looks measured in gross error. However, if you secure the linkages on top of the mounts as the directions intend for you to do, the door works flawlessly. The directions are pretty much nothing but pictures, and a couple of them will make you pause your work to figure them out. 37 screws are provided for that backing, but the directions recommend using a hammer to insert them. It worked minus one casualty of a screw that bent and snapped apart.

Like I said, I like the desk. I like it a lot actually.

2.0 out of 5 stars "I just got it put together two days ago and the desk looks like it's been here about a year!", October 17, 2013
After seeing the desk brilliantly displayed in the BUSH FURNITURE video we thought we might ignore some of the bad reviews being posted; that was our first mistake.

After getting all of it together we found several issues with the packing, one of which was missing nails/screws. Fortunately I had some alternatives that worked but that wasn't the end of our troubles. Even though we followed the instructions (no text in the instructions, only pictures) to the T we found that several of the drawers and doors just didn't square up which makes the desk look like it's been worn out or something. Furthermore the desk has a bunch of little scratches and nicks that we didn't do but we didn't really notice how many there were until we got it all put together. I just got it put together two days ago and the desk looks like it's been here about a year! The desk is made of particle board (fairly sturdy despite the material) so that's a little concerning as particle board doesn't last nearly as long as you would want it to and I suppose that's how they scratched up the desk prior to shipping. Of course now that it's built I'm not going to un-build it to send it back because it does function as a desk, it just doesn't feel new; I guess we can live with that.

One other thing I thought we should mention is that even though you order it on PRIME, the desk doesn't actually ship for 3-7 business days (you'll see that in the description at some point) so we had to wait a good week before actually getting the desk. Sadly, we shouldn't have ignored the bad reviews after all, it's just not a good high quality desk like you would expect. Hope this review helps someone know what to expect before ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great for the price. Recommend highly, November 19, 2013
I built this myself along with the matching hutch. I am a 36 yr old woman and I had little trouble with either one. The drawers confused me a bit, but I was able to figure out the tracks and get them to fit with ease. It only took a couple hours to build both. I am pleased with the look for such a reasonable price. Definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for multiple computer setups!, July 12, 2014
Very pleased with this desk. I needed something to support two different computers (one for work, one for play) and the way I'm using it, there is a computer set up on each side. Most people won't use the desk like this, but it's honestly perfect for me. Good quality and looks great!

5.0 out of 5 stars ordering furniture, December 20, 2012
I was a little hesitate about ordering furniture but I am sooooo glad that I did. It came on time and was in great condition. I am a 46 year old female and I didn't have any trouble at all putting it together I finished it in about 2 hours. It took me longer to organize my computer and all my paperwork than it did to put it together. I am very pleased on the appearance and the design of it. Its has made my paperwork a whole lot easier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent desk for the money despite some design flaws., September 8, 2013
Overall this desk is pretty good and is doing what I needed it to do, which is sit in a corner and support 3 monitors and have some storage for various things.

Assembly: I've assembled a lot of furniture over the years, and while I won't say this was the most difficult it was the most tedious. There's over a dozen different types of screws for different parts of the desk, and they are numbered with long numbers to identify them... some of the numbers are very close to each other and I put the wrong screws in the wrong place during the drawer assembly. Otherwise it's not that difficult.

The Hub: One of the things that I really liked about the desk is the USB hub that's mounted on the top left of the desktop. It's a standard USB 2.0 hub with a cord on the bottom side to plug into your PC. There is a barrel connector for power, but no adapter is included and I can't find any information on Bush's website to order one... which I would gladly buy so I could charge multiple things at once. Without the extra power the hub is splitting power from one USB port off your PC, and if you're trying to charge a phone and an iPad at the same time... it ain't gonna happen. The large hole for guiding wires down seems pointless to me, but it might be useful for someone.

"Technology charging station": The other thing that sold me on the desk was this slanted felt-like stand for charging phones and stuff, which is pretty much useless in my configuration. It's a great idea if you're going to put a computer inside the desk (which I wouldn't recommend due to the lack of ventilation). Otherwise there's no way to reach any charging cables long enough to charge your devices. I am considering getting a powered USB hub and mounting it inside the desk just for this purpose... but this slanted dock is so small that I can't fit much on it anyway. My Samsung Galaxy S3 has to lay on its side.. and I can just lay it on the desk with it plugged into the top mounted USB hub on the desk. I've uploaded some pictures to give a better idea of the tray with devices on it.

$429.00 $256.28