Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

FYE starting to be played on the radio

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2009 7:50:03 PM PST
A. Lopez says:
Okay, so now that WWFM is HUGE!!!! and playing on all the major Top 40 stations, it's FYEs chance. I just frickin' love that song! Which song do you think will be the next one to make it big? I heard speculation that Fever might be next. I love fever...and Sure Fire Winners, and Sleepwalker, and Strut, and Broken Open...and...oh, who am I kidding? I can't pick a favorite. They're all the best songs I've ever heard! I LOVE YOU, ADAM!

Posted on Dec 17, 2009 8:02:33 PM PST
D. Norton says:
I just came back from best buy, they had Adam's CD on lower shelf, So I moved CD on the middle shelf(moved price tag with it). I ask one of the people working there to play his CD overhead,she said corporate sends them CDs to play, they dont have controll over what song to play. It kind of made me mad because they were playing kris allens song but not Adams.

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 1:01:09 AM PST
tess4ADAM says:
Was at DDD awile ago between voting and they seemed to be interested in Sure Fire Winners ... maybe that'll be next .. wish he'd release SOAKED.

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 1:40:16 AM PST
Theresa I agree---He excells at those beautiful slow ones. Soaked is so different. Think it would capture a lot of attention. If you listened to the video of Times Best 10 songs for 2009 the reason they gave him the 10th place for Mad World was his incredible interpretation of the song.

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 4:49:51 AM PST
Fantastic says:
I think that Music Again should be released as Adam's next single because it has the best chance for commercial success and also because I love it and sing along with it when I play his cd in my car. Next, should be Soaked, to show folks who don't know him what a gorgeous voice Adam has.

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 8:20:44 AM PST
You would think someone did a focus group on this album to pick the most appealing single. It is hard for us as we love all of them! I have seen a lot of kids doing lip syncs of "If I Had You" on youtube so maybe that is the Tween song. So hard to say.

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 11:46:52 AM PST
Krickette says:
My daughter is in her twenty's. She is not an Adam fan but she does like 5 of his songs on the album. She likes Music Again, For Your Entertainment, Whataya Want From Me, Fever, and her favorite is If I Had You.

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 10:14:57 PM PST
A. Lopez says:
This is my honest assessment of the album. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 9 of the 14 songs. Music Again, FYE, Strut, Fever, Sleepwalker, WWFM, A Loaded Smile, Broken Open and Sure Fire Winners are all amazing! I couldn't choose a favorite among them for the life of me, but I can say that when I hear Broken Open, it speaks straight to my heart...STUNNING! I like Time for Miracles, If I Had You and Soaked, but I don't think Soaked could ever make it in popular culture because of the instrumentals. I just think they are too much, and it's too bad b/c his voice is just to DIE FOR on that song. The instrumentals just ruin it for me. If I had to pick my least favorite, it would be Aftermath. I don't know what it is about that song, but I just really don't like it. I nearly always hit skip on that one...but none of the others! That' pretty incredible, b/c I always hit skip on several songs on other people's albums. I'm curious to see which one makes it big next though. I am predicting it will be either Fever or Sure Fire Winners. I hope Strut makes it big too...it's got a kick a*s beat! :0)

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 11:35:01 PM PST
tess4ADAM says:
A. Lopez: I think SOAKED & AFTERMATH are definitely tour songs ... in person songs ... the radio doesn't seem to play beautiful ballads anymore ... they seem to stick with the rock/pop genre. I'd love to hear all ADAM's songs on the album played on the radio but they don't all fit the modern radio of today. Maybe the stations that play Josh Groban or Barbra S. which are few & far between here where I live. Radio around here is so musically starved.

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 11:39:28 PM PST
A. Schneider says:
The two songs I love the most are Broken Open and Fever. I can play those non-stop and never get tired of them. I could see both being a commercial success whereas Soaked is perhaps too intimate a song to make it ont he Top 40 charts.

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 9:28:24 AM PST
carolb57 says:
I'm thinking "If I Had You" should be his next single as a good radio song. What does everyone else think?

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 9:36:29 AM PST
Deb says:
I agree with DDD....Sure Fire Winners.

I love every single song on this album. I never need to skip tracks when I am listening. The only one that I don't really get too excited about is Aftermath.

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 10:06:20 AM PST
tess4ADAM says:
Hi: Add "Pick U Up" to that list ... I'm sitting here listening to it and this sounds a radio hit to me. It's got a sing along vibe .. IMO .. especially that bridge at the end ... I love it ... and then that little ADAM chuckle ... GREAT.

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 1:53:20 PM PST
Krickette says:
Has anyone seen this article. It tells how he is doing in Canada.

http://www.rockstarweekly.com/content/view/1321/149/

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 6:43:13 PM PST
Deb says:
Hi, Krickette...just came from posting that link in the thread about when can we expect to hear Adam's music on the radio. (great minds...hehe)
Yes, he is doing well in Canada, and I think that will bode well for him in the long run. Our neighbors to the north are very influential in some scenarios. Hope this is one of them !!

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 6:51:30 PM PST
tess4ADAM says:
Hi: Just read that article too ... posted it somewhere I think ... senior moments are getting more frequent since I started this journey with ADAM (LOL). Still voting on z100 ... anyone know when that ends? BTW ... I think I read on the ADAM 24/7 site ... something about the People's Choice Awards ... can't remember exactly but I'm off to check on it and will post an update.

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 7:17:31 PM PST
Krickette says:
D. Jerome

So do I.

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 7:38:47 PM PST
tess4ADAM says:
Hi: Here's the link (all of it) ... www.forbes.com/2009/12/15/rising-stars-lady-gaga-business-entertainment-taylor-swift.html .... Title: Music's Biggest Breakout Stars from Lady Gaga to Susan Boyle .................. 10 Acts to Watch for 2010 ................. and there's an article about ADAM at the bottom ............. also pictures of each of the 10 stars .................. check it out EVERYONE.

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 10:44:47 AM PST
A. Lopez says:
So does the quote from below (found in the link you sent Theresa Dailey) mean he won the People's Choice for breakout artist???
"Still to come: being honored as a breakout star at the upcoming People's Choice Awards."

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 1:58:00 PM PST
tess4ADAM says:
A. Lopez: I'm not sure if it does or not ... that's just how the article ended. If it does then all that voting paid off. I hope so. I found it through the ADAM 24/7 blog ... adamlamberttv.blogspot.com .... then I looked it up on the web

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 7:21:29 AM PST
Deb says:
Here is something cute ! FOX TV used Adam's FYE as the music for a new promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6hF02-f910

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 7:34:44 AM PST
Fantastic says:
Thank you D. Jerome. I loved that Fox promo. Fox is starting a station in Asia, and that is the promo for Fox Asia. I think the single of FYE is doing well in Asia, and I hope this promo increases sales of both the FYE cd and the single in Asia. Our Asia (who posts here) said that the album FYE is #11 in Hong Kong where she is now. I'm sure she'll bring us more Adam in Asia news when she returns.

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 4:32:04 PM PST
Hi, I am up in the AM in Hong Kong and reading your posts. I saw the Adam CD at 11 (Alicia Keys and Enya were 1 and 2) on the International Pop wall in two big music stores and I saw a knock off copy in a market stall (which means people are buying it--too bad it is a knock off). FYE, WWFM, and TFM are on the countdowns in the Phillipines, Singapore, but I haven't seen any here. Hong Kong is more like Singapore than the rest of China so not sure what Adam is doing there. Hope you all had a lovely Xmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2009 5:53:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2009 7:16:42 PM PST
A. Lopez

You can't pick a favorite ????

It's easy...........It's ???????????????????????? It's???????????????????????? um.
Give me a second, um um.

Is UM UM a song? No.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

So, we have to pick a song that We THINK will be a big HIT to OTHERS.

With that being said...........I would go with either "FEVER" "PICK U UP" or "SOAKED"

Narrowing that one down............."I love Pick U Up" with that incredible bridge that can leave people 'Breathless'.........to the point the one will probably say "WOW" "Would you listen to that part" referring to that incredible BRIDGE towards the end of the song.

Since many want to hear the ROCK part of ADAM.........."FEVER" is a POWERFUL song that is Reminiscent of "LED ZEPELLIN".......It's a POWERPACKED SONG that to me is similar to the vocals in "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE"
I however, think that ADAM sounds better than Robert Plant, as good as he was, and that was pretty incredible.
Of course "SOAKED" is incredible too which...............(I lied above...........I do have some favorites.........Soaked, Pick U Up, Fever, Time For Miracles........They are the ones that a continually put on repeat. I do with others too, but not to the same extent.

I would like to see Pick U Up or Soaked or Fever..............I feel that FEVER may be the POWERHOUSE that many are waiting for.
By the way, I love FYE too.....I love Broken Open too..........But this next time around, I think that 'FEVER' is the way to go........To continue with the title of "ROCK GOD" the KARA Dioguardi labeled him as.

Merry Christmas

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2009 6:12:49 PM PST
Fantastic says:
Brian,
I really love Sleepwalker, also Soaked and Sure Fire Winners. For his next single, I would like to see Music Again released. I think it might be a hit and I love listening to it. I wonder if Sleepwalker would be a hit. My least favorite is Strut.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (850)